Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindasewandsew

Camp Pendleton Mud Run Photos

lindasewandsew
13 years ago

I ran/walked the Camp Pendleton Mud Run on Saturday, slow (1 hour 45 minutes) as usual. It's a 10k, 6.2 miles of filthy dirty fun on a military obstacle course. I started walking (running badly) barefoot in February and love it. No more running shoes for me. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Camp Pendleton Mud Run 2010

Comments (10)

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Thanks for showing us! I always like to see the 'fun' you are having when you do this mud run. Grin---
    You always get soooo dirty! LOL

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Looked like you kind of liked that last mud bath!! I can't even imagine running barefoot- I always did until I was about 24 & got stung on bottom of foot in the ocean where I was wading in several inches of water. I didn't know bees would go into the water. Ambulance had to come on the beach near Zuma Beach. They saved me at a little medical clinic few miles down the road. Would be nice to be free to run like you did!! Looked like a nice day for it!! TFS Jan!

• desertrat1
    13 years ago

Linda,
    That is awesome and CRAZY all at the same time! I couldn't imagine doing it barefoot though....I think if a twig or stickers. I'm sure some people LOST thier shoes along the way though....too many things to keep track of! Now remind us why-- you do this to raise money too? or is it all in fun?
    Love, Jules

• lindasewandsew
    Original Author
    13 years ago

These runs raise money for military charities, and the last one for the YMCA. For the runners, it's pure dirty fun. This was my fifth one. There are no prizes, except medals for the first 3 finishers in different age groups.

I always loved being barefoot when I was younger, so started looking at the barefoot running websites. They tell you to just take off your shoes and run away from them. (I'm not a good or fast runner, just determined.) I started taking my shoes off near the end of my trail, a little earlier each day, then the same with socks. It's just as fun to run barefoot now as it was when I was young, and I'll gladly trade an occasional rock bruise for all the stuff the shoes caused, shin splints, foot pain, sore knees, and on and on.

Jules, if you want to do this, the website is below. They post sign ups on or near New Years day, and all the races fill up fast. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Camp Pendleton Races

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

sewandsew...you are just one CRAZY INSPIRATIONAL lady! Your pics tell the story! What a fun, wonderful, healthy time for you & your family & friends! TFS! Now you should be toughened up for more "tons" of rock work! ENJOY! Jeanne S.

• nanagrandma
    13 years ago

Linda you look great! I would love playing in the MUD like U did, LOL, What fun! But I know I do not have the stamina.
    BTW my grand niece is now married to a Marine stationed at Pendleton.

Sylvia

• lindasewandsew
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone.

Sylvia, Maybe your grand-nephew in law will run it next year and you can go watch the finish, or even run it with him. If you can't make it all the way, there are plenty of cute marines to transport you back to the start.

Jeanne, Sometimes it seems like the rocks are in my head, lol. I already moved them once, out of the driveway. It's funny how rocks, bricks, and other heavy things make you move them over and over again, hehe.

A lot of people who do the mud run come from other states, and some other countries. It's a good event to plan a vacation around. This must be the best mud run around. Linda

• lindasewandsew
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here's the new link. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Camp Pendleton Mud Run 2010

• desertrat1
    13 years ago

Linda,
    You are just too sweet to think of ME as running in that crazy stuff! :-) I am nowhere near dto that though. Maybe one day. I'm just patting my back that I can do 3 days in a row 1 mile each day. I started walking with a couple friends in the morning at Apollo Park. They are up to between 3-4 miles a day. I think maybe by the end of the week I'll try for 2 laps (2 miles). I log them with my Nike sensor and post of FB. Its a good way to keep motivated seeing how well (or badly) I am doing. I'll pass the link on to my sister.
    Love, Jules

• kacram
    13 years ago

I'm VERY impressed!

Sponsored