Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindasewandsew

Another Mud Run Finished

lindasewandsew
14 years ago

The course is a 10k. This time it took me an hour and forty five minutes, 7 minutes slower than last. It's always dirty and fun. Linda

We're all clean before the start.

{{gwi:127234}}

Soon after the start, we get hit with cold water from fire hoses.

{{gwi:127235}}

Next, it's tromping through the river, which makes for heavy shoes right away.

{{gwi:127236}}

{{gwi:127237}}

This is one of many hills on the course. In the background is Combat Town, which is used for training.

{{gwi:127238}}

Marines on the hill.

{{gwi:127239}}

You can sure feel the extra weight here, lol. There are two of these walls in large mud pits.

{{gwi:127240}}

{{gwi:127241}}

I didn't get a shot of the River Crossing this time. This pic is from last October.

{{gwi:127242}}

Fire hoses again!

{{gwi:127243}}

Here's the dreaded Slippery Slope. I need a little better traction on my shoes, lol. They run water down this hill throughout the race.

{{gwi:127244}}

Finally, the finish line!

{{gwi:127245}}

Dirty and done!!

{{gwi:127246}}

Comments (19)

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

lindasewandsew...Not only are you a great GJer, you are one motivated, FUN person! WOW! Good for you! And your family! AWESOME! TFS your pics...a new experience for me! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Wow!! That is a workout!!!I'm tired just watching you!! Think it was to raise money, hope you did well!! i was worried it might rain- that wouldn't have mattered, I guess!! You sure got wet!! A real sense of accomplishment that you made it & more so that you made it safely!! Congrats!! Looks like a proud grandson there at the end!! Jan

• lindasewandsew
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here's a link to a Youtube video (not mine) of one of the fire hoses and a few other parts of the race. Yeah, that water is cold!! This is a couple of minutes after each race starts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fire Hose Video

• lindasewandsew
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This is another Youtube video (not mine) of the last mud pit in the race, near the finish. I don't have any good photos of this pit. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Final Mud Pit

• mcmann
    14 years ago

Fantastic. You deserve a hot bath now. I'm just wondering why you're not wearing a pink tutu!

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

AMAZING!!!! I just can not discribe how proud I feel for you!!! You are an inspiration to us!!!

• debby_md_z7
    14 years ago

linda
    congrats
    i am pooped just
    looking
    debby

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Great Job Linda!! I'm with the rest of us...I'm tired just looking at the pics! ;-)

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Holy Cow. I don't know how you do this run. They just showed some of it on our news while ago. The mud pit was a hoot, a couple of the gals were actually mud wrestling and having a ball.
    You are amazing, and that great big smile of yours just lights up everything.

hugs, Karen

• lindasewandsew
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone. I'm a lousy runner. In fact, more of a flat footed trotter, and mostly walk. Kids say if I didn't take photos, my time would probably be better, lol. They don't run all the time, and this is the only race we do. I can't imaging having this much fun at another 10k. I walked the Los Angeles marathon a few times in the 1990s. It took 6 1/2 hours. It was a nice fast walk through LA with all the streets closed, but the mud run is pure fun. We missed the sign up for this October, but will be back next June to get dirty again. Linda

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Wet and dirty--but you looked happy through it all!

• jitterbug4756
    14 years ago

Wow...shewwww...I am tired too just from looking through your pics..looks like alot of fun for you guys...and you're just a amiling in all the pics...just looked at them again... I'm gonna have to stop for a nap...you have stamina woman !!!! Judy

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Looks like a great time!
    kathy

• akup_a
    14 years ago

What are the soldiers on the hill for? Quitters? Lol!!
    Vickie

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Linda, I just marvel at how much fun you have getting muddy, scrungy, and tired from the sheer stamina of the day! IT looks like fun---but I'm sure your muscles are saying "NO WAY!" So, were the soldiers there looking out for slackers---ready to shoot to get people moving? :-) Hope you were able to get teh mud out of every nook and cranny. :-)
    Love, Jules

• cheesecurlgurl
    14 years ago

That looks like so much fun. Wish they would do something like that around here.

• lindasewandsew
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks again, The soldiers were in the combat town and on the hill in this run to make it more fun. It was something new.

Jules, you might want to do it next June. You have to sign up in January. and your drive is a little farther, but it's a nice drive early in the morning. A lot of people at this race fly in from other states. The website is below. You can see a lot of photos there. Some people run in teams, but the team has to cross the finish together. NO ONE would pick me for their team, lol!

My normal walk is 3 miles and it's pretty hilly, and 6 miles once a week or so. It doesn't make me sore to do this, even though I have stamina, but no speed.

Cheese gurl, I don't know where you live, but there are nutty 5 and 10ks all over. Check online for any in your area. If there's nothing near you, it might be possible to get something started. The LA county sheriff and a lot of other organizations have 10ks around here all the time. There may be a group near you who would organize one of these. I'll bet this mud run started small many years ago and it's very popular now. These things raise a huge amount of $$$ for charitable causes. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Camp Pendleton Mud Run site

• kudzukween
    14 years ago

Sure looks like fun! I remember the photos from last year, I don't see how you do it, and you finish, too!! Way to go, girl, you deserve a trophy...made out of garden junk! woohoo!
    kudzu

• gardenlover25
    14 years ago

Its really a fun activity. I hope I can also join the mud race next year. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert