Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Is Our Cat Spoiled?

kirkus
13 years ago

Here's Toeby, our kitty. We call him "Toe-by" because he has 6 toes on each foot. Anyway, this is Toeby, sunning himself on our neighbor's deck, overlooking the woods. These are the neighbors who are moving. What will Toeby do once they move?! (These neighbors also feed him expensive cat food! EEEEK!!!) Will the new neighbors accept him!? LOL! Had to share! Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:127250}}

{{gwi:127251}}

Comments (12)

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Well, new neighbors need to invest in plush lounge 1st week they are there! Catfood they might not be too keen on!! Will be trouble if they have a large dog. Maybe they will be friends!!I got the cutest email tonight about a 1 footed Homing pigeon in Tx. that was at a shelter & it kept going by baby bunnies & finally they found smallest bunny had gone through bars of cage & was under the pigeon so they let the male pigeon in the cage to take care of all 3 & they are large now. Noah the male pigeon is a big help with small babies that are bought to the shelter. Noah can't make it in the wild so he is valuable as a "mom". I could send it to you if you still have same email address. Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Well, what's the point in having pets if they aren't spoiled? That's my motto! And, since we feed a lot of neighborhood cats as well as our own, this picture really hits home. Toeby is a beautiful cat too! Love the picture. Hopefully the new neighbors will be animal friendly too.

We also have to opossums that come to our porch every night to clean out the leftover food from the cat dishes. Now THEY are spoiled! Fat too! ;-)

• nmgirl
    13 years ago

He's not spoiled. Your neighbors are just well trained.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

LOL, nmgirl, you sure got that right.

Kirk, you'll have to talk to the new neighbors about Toeby.
    I hope they like him and continue spoiling him. He won't understand his 'friends' leaving.

hugs, Karen

• hostarhodo
    13 years ago

Had a Homecare Client years ago who had a plaque that read "If you want the best seat in the house, move the cat".

You or new neighbor would have to get a new lounge chair.
    Best bet would be if your old neighbors would donate the chair pad to your cat. Tell them they probably won't have room for it and it would mean so much to Toeby. Maybe he would stay home and enjoy their scent for awhile.

Cats are fun and funny.

Betty

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Awwww ... poor Toeby! I hope the new neighbors treat him like the prince that he is. lol! It definitely looks like he was enjoying himself!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

What a sweet kitty. He reminds me of my beloved Teeger.
    Hope everything goes well with the new neighbors.
    Kathy

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The neighbors who are moving are writing our new neighbors a letter about Toeby. The new neighbors have a cat so hopefully they'll understand. :o) They have a dog too but Toeby has no problem establishing kingship with dogs...we have 2 Golden Retrievers and they are both submissive to Toeby! LOL As our neighbors are packing (and giving us soooo much...see my post on the other side), Toeby is acting soooo funny. He is being very clingy to me...won't let me out of his sight when he's around. I really believe our pets know so much more than we give them credit for.

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Pictures of Toeby during our two record breaking snowfall winters... :o)

{{gwi:126580}}

{{gwi:77304}}

• grandma_cindy
    13 years ago

Awwww he is beautiful! I also have a tiger, his name is Boo, and he's about 16#. Since we moved 6 mo ago out of the city, we've started letting his outside. He LOVES it! He hasnt gone far, and comes back when I call. He doesnt seem to like this 90 degree weather anymore than I do, so, like me, he waits till evening to go out LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:127249}}

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Did you know that 6 toed cats are called Hemmingway cats? After the writer,(famous) who started a cat colony for 6 toed cats as they used to be killed by people who thought they were devil cats(deformed therefore evil)? Weird huh? I have a friend who just got one and he said they are also called a sailor cat cuz big ships used them as mousers on board ships(they had good grips being 6 toed!)

• delta9dave
    13 years ago

Whenever anyone tells me my children are spoiled I tell them "Lot's of children smell like that".