Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvs2click

Exhausted but happy after weekend sale

luvs2click
14 years ago

Well, we had gorgeous weather (70's)and a good crowd. Did fabulous - sold a ton of fairy gardens/pans and other potted things as well as bottle bugs, pot man, planted chair, etc. But, only 1 small $10 fairy house. Total for both days - $1197.00. I am very happy!! Still have quite abit left - will do farmer's market on Sat. to try to move it. Photos on my flickr site - easier than resizing them - too tired tonight! Hope the rest of you did good as well!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden fair photos

Comments (15)

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Congratulations, Arlene. Your set-up was wonderful, and so many cool things to buy. I'm glad the weather was perfect.
    Have to say I'm surprised you didn't sell more fairy houses tho. Are folks there nuts?? LOL. You make such great fairy houses!

hugs, Karen

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Glad you did so well!! You do such beautiful things tho that they pretty much just sell themselves. Congrats!! Jan

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

I see tons of work that you did girl!!!!! Great creations. Sounds like a good paycheck too!!!!! Way ta go!

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Good for you! Now get crackin for the next sale!

• debby_md_z7
    14 years ago

very nice
    debby

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

WOWEE!! Great job...so happy that you did so well!!

• leveta
    14 years ago

GREAT!!! You go girl...

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Arlene,
    You SHOULD be tired after all that work! I can say that truly you made a good haul! So you must go several time a month? I know I must get more of a gardening theme sale in order to attract the rigth people.. I need to do some more searching.
    Your creations are just fabulous!
    Love, Jules

• nonacook
    14 years ago

What a great display!
    As much stuff as we carried when we did shows (woodcrafts), I still can't imagine
    carrying the things you do--plants and fairy houses, potman,--those things are HARD
    to pack and move!
    Glad you had such a good show.

• luvs2click
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Jules, this is a once a year sale - a big 2-day show at an awesome garden center that is pretty much a park like setting with gardens throughout open for touring anytime during business hrs. You can go and picnic among their gardens, they also do workshops, etc. So every June they have this garden "festival" complete with food vendors, flutists, and vendors. Items are required to be garden related. Now I will do a few farmer's markets to get rid of the leftovers - I usually do well there also.

Nonacook - you are right - a pain in the neck to pack all this stuff. It can't be stacked, so it is in 1 layer in my van. It took 3 trips to get it all there - thank goodness it is only 14 mile from home. Also, I can back right up to my space to unload. This is the only show I do with this stuff! Then at Farmer's Market, I park right in my space and open up the back of the van - put a table at the tailgate and start selling.

Arlene

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH A R L E N E ~~ Ms Luv2Click !!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the GRRRRRRRRRREAT Pics !!!
    Sure enjoy seeing all your W O N D E R F U L ~
    Artsy C R E A T I O N S ! ! ! and I'm so happy for
    you for the outcome... payoff for TONS of ~
    Fun ~ C R E A T I V E ~ *UNIQUE * Pieces !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Prayers for your next VENTURE !!! $ $ $
    and Tons of Fun for you !!!!
    I just KNOW how much everyone enjoys meet'n &
    greet'n you 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless!
    SusieSunshine

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Such an amazing and interesting display. People must have spent a lot of time looking there are so many fascinating things. I like how you mixed the different items together, not bottle bugs all together for example but spread throughout. Glad you did so well, you certainly deserve it for all your hard work and your wonderful creativity.
    kathy

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

OK, luvs, that does it! I just MapQuested Quailcrest & found Wooster, OH Garden Days June 12, 13th is JUST 641 miles away from me! Is there a campground nearby? Next yr. I'm coming! This just sounds like WAY TOO MUCH FUN! I'm coming' to "buy," browse & learn a thing or two...not sell! Great displays! You did good, girl! Jeanne S.

• luvs2click
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ahhh, Jeanne, that would be so much fun to meet you. I will probably be there next year as well - I'm addicted to that place! They also have a fall festival which is even bigger, but it is only a 1 day show. My things are all geared for spring, so I haven't been invited to that one. I would love to figure out something to take so I could do that one also. Here's the info:

HERB FAIR 2009
    Sat., Sept. 12th
    10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
    Over 70 artists and craftsmen set up among the gardens of Quailcrest. Fine jewelry, furniture, antiques, clothes, stoneware, creative clay, ironwork, baskets, tole painting, bells, bronze, gourds, dried flowers, herbs, corn, etc., pressed flowers and more. Old favorites and new discoveries. Food, our famous sausage sandwiches, herbal luncheon, homemade icecream plus the Ruggles Road Show.
    $2.00 per car

Items do not have to be garden related for this one. Attendance is phenomenal. The boy scouts do the parking at both events and they net the $2.00 per car admission fee. The fall one coincides with the first day of our Wayne Co. Fair, which itself is pretty phenomenal too - one of the best in the state and draws people from all over.

There is a small campground not too far away that some relatives of mine have used at times. Here's the link below.

Thanks again for all the compliments, folks. I had a lot of nice compliments there, which was very rewarding - the ones from the men especially surprised me. One man told me my booth was the most fun one there.

In case anyone is interested, a space there costs $85.00 for the weekend. Well worth it.

Back to resting now....(HA! More like laundry and trying to make a path through my neglected house!)

Arlene

Here is a link that might be useful: Meadowlake Park campground

• luvs2click
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jeanne - I forgot to add that you COULD come to sell - they let you set up your own 10X10 tent if you want and can spill outside it. I use a space in one of their large tents - less hassle, but have been tempted to use my own so I can have more space. Some vendors bring their motorhomes and park there for the weekend. - out along the treeline. Your things are all garden related - decor, birdhouses, etc. You could even sell your nature themed cards there.
    Arlene

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA