Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rain-rain and more rain!

Posted by nonacook 8bFL (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 9:54

If any of you watch the weather channel you already know that in Pensacola, we have had LOTS of rain.The back corner of my garden had only about 12 inches (low spot). However others in the area had lots of problems. 3 blocks from me the Burger King had water up to the bottom of its windows.
LOTS of people had water in their houses and MANY lost their cars. Many without electricity. It is still raining, and is supposed to rain every day this week.
I am one of the lucky ones, that is on a little higher
ground.
Prayers for all those affected by the water.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rain-rain and more rain!

Wow Nona...yes, I've been seeing all of the storms move over Florida. Twelve inches of rain is incredible! Hope it will end soon and you can begin drying out! Thinking of you for sure.

o

Been seeing it on the news & sending up prayers. Didn't realize you were in Pensacola. It's been raining buckets for days here too but nothing like that. We always seem to be on the outskirts of those storms. Glad to hear you are safe & dry at least.

blessings,
~digger

o

I've been wondering if you were OK & GF in Spring Hill, Fla. needs rain but not 12 inches!! I need to check on her. Glad you are OK. Hope Golden Pond is too! I remember her great video she was doing in middle of a storm until it got too scary & she had to go inside! Jan

o

Actually the 12 inches of water was just on the
ground in my garden--The official rain gauge in my community registered 14 plus inches.
The burger King 3 blocks from me had water up
past the bottoms of their
windows, and the town had LOTS of cars under water,
and WAY too many houses had water inside.
Spring Hill is about 11-12 hours south of me-I have
friends that live there too.
Thanks for the concern....

o

Take good care, nona...glad you are safe & hoping the rains stop! Not good! Jeanne S.

o
RE: Rain-not much!

Spring Hill just got a nice rain but all soaked in the ground but GF Said they will take whatever they can get! Hope you are drying out now! Friends going to Wash. Rain up there too I guess. Our day got hot this afternoon, 100 in Palmdale not quite that where we were. Summer has arrived ! Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here