Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leveta

Phone call

leveta
14 years ago

Got a phone call early this morning. my 14 yr old neice died in her sleep last night. Let me tell you about here. She was born Down syndome. When she got older she atarted having phy. problems. Two times she had to have surg. on her spine. She had a steel rod inserted to keep it stright. But she was always a trooper. Her smile and humor never wavered. Last yr at school(she was good enough to g to a normal school) her aid forgot to put her back wheels down to keep it from flipping over. No one that day wheeled her up the incline to her next class so she wheeled herself. And she flipped over and pretty much broke lose where she had had surg. and was paralyzed from the neck down. She really never recovered. But she still smiled. I guess her little heart gave out...Now she's in a place where she can walk and talk and my dad(her pappy) will watch over her forever more. And to meet Jesus face to face...When all this first happened and she was in the E room an she ask her mom if she missed her, and her mom was like well yes but we been here with you. She said no mom I seen Jesus and pappy and a granma from the otherside of the family. And her little dog that died yrs ago...Her mom ask her, did you talk to Jesus and she said yes. Her mom ask her what did he say....He loved me....

Comments (21)

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

This is so sad to see such a young lady go on but glad she went so easily at the end. I think we would all like to "go on" like that!! My niece was a Down's syndrome baby also & she was the sweetest girl, could read & write nice letters. She lived into her 50's. I had a friend paralyzed from neck down from basal artery stroke(back of neck) & it's a very difficult way to live, she couldn't even speak. I'm glad your niece is free to be with loved ones & hope family can accept their freedom too. Hugs & prayers. Jan

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

ANGELS AMOUNG US

The life I live was not for me;
    And yet I followed faithfully;
    The path that Jesus planned for me;
    An Angel unaware, You see?

I had a mission to perform;
    The very reason I was born;
    Was not for you to mourn for me;
    T'was an angel unaware, you see?

It was a joy to live for you;
    And teach the 'gift' of servatude;
    Just like Christ, we all must be;
    I was an Angel unaware, you see?

Remember me smiling while I was there?
    Gifted from the Lord Himself to share;
    With you who lovingly cared for me;
    An Angel unaware, you see?

by susie

• leveta
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That was so sweet susie...Thank you...She went through so much in her short time. The last surg she had after this happened, the first one they had to go through the back of her neck again to try and repair the mess from the fall, and the 2nd one they had to go through her mouth again to get to the front of the spine to repair the damage from the fall. This timne they had to split her tounge and chin an i'm not to sure about the roof of her mouth. It just took it's toll this time. She had a feeding tube and trach also and still had to wear a neck brace after having a halo for months and months...But like susie's poem said "she was an Angel...

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

When we read something like this, we can only hope we read it wrong. I feel so deeply for you and your family, Leveta! Bless her little heart! This saddens me so much ..... just chokes me right up. I know she was a blessing to you all, and you'll always have your treasured memories of the time you had with her. It's just too sad to lose a child. Love, Hugs, Prayers ~tenderlee

{{gwi:127276}}

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Oh my,prayers and love sent your way.
    Your special niece is missing from her earthly life but she will be waiting for you and the rest of her family!
    God only lent his angel out for a short time and he needs her now.
    That cannot mend all the heartache but should remind us to love stronger while on this earth. To have faith everyday like we know today could be our last.
    Life on earth is temporary that is why he gave Jesus die for us and to lead us to eternal life.

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Leveta~

I'm so very sorry about your niece's passing, but she is, as you say, with Jesus and she is healthy and will be happy forever. She touched many lives in her short life and was a blessing to all of you I'm sure. I'll be keeping you in my prayers!

• leveta
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all...

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

That precious child went thru so much. Its heart-breaking.
    I'm glad she's at peace and with loved ones, and what she told her Mom about seeing Jesus is so special. I know her Mom will treasure that forever.

Bless you and your family as go thru this loss of an angel.
    hugs, Karen

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Leveta,
    I am so sorry for your loss of your precious neice! She seemed like truly a very speial angel! When any of us want to complain we should be reiminded of her true grit. I'm sure that those surgeries and recovery were not without pain. BUT, now she can run, jump, swim and so on with the new body she has in Heaven. My prayers are with you and her parents and siblings and all those who helped care for her needs.
    Love, Jules

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

leveta ... tears of sorrow for this precious child of God. I do not know your niece but I can see thru your words the "smile" she left behind for you and your family. Prayers coming your way that God will continue to hold you and your loved ones up...as His tears fall, this child smiles. Thank you for sharing your precious niece. Jeanne S.

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

Ms Leveta:

I am so very touched... & So Blessed to hear
    this " VERY SPECIAL LIFE STORY OF YOUR VERY SPECIAL ~ PRECIOUS ~ ANGEL N I E C E "

Thank you (((((((((((((((((((YOU)))))))))))))))))))))))
    so very much for sharing... this...
    &
    Thank ~ GOD ~ for opening HIS Mighty ARMS
    and W * E * L * C * O * M * I * N * G ~ your Niece
    into her
    New Heavenly Home + Full of PEACE & JOY &
    LOVE & Laughter ! ! !

*** A reminder.... we are ~ ALL ~
    just passing through this earthly place !!!!1

*** I thank God in Heaven for this
    GARDEN JUNKERS web page... where we can
    Pass on the LOVE and
    Comfort and ENCOURAGEMENTS to Each OTHER ! ! !

God Bless !
    A Greatful ~ SusieSunshine

God Is Good ~ A L L the TIME ! ! !
    A L L ~ THE ~ TIME = GOD IS GOOD ! ! ! !

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Sad tears for all she had to go through--
    Happy tears that she is now at peace with
    the Lord.
    Prayers for the family she left behind.

• leveta
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here's her pic...
    {{gwi:127277}}

• jitterbug4756
    14 years ago

Leveta...Hugs & prayers for the family & friends she left behind. She is so beautiful in her picture, but I saw her beauty in your words of her before I saw the picture. God gives us special people in our lives to remind us how very precious this life is. My Aunt Mary had Downs and after my dad retired from AF lived with us until she passed in 2003 @ 45. She too always had a smile like your precious niece. She was a great judge of character too. We were all made better people by having known her.I miss her alot, but am so happy to know she is with the Lord & living it up !How special the message was your neice gave your family at the end.Gain strenghth in the knowlege she is surrounded by love & will be waiting for you....Hugs...Judy

• leveta
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Judy thank you for your kind words. I don't know anyone who had the courage she did. I know before this happened to her she was so scared that she would have to go back to the hospital. Then bammm this all happened. I have to laugh cause anytime she came she was always hungry. And just loved to write. She had a notebook and pencils here and that's the first thing she wanted...She couldn't have anything with milk in it, it made her go to the bathroom. Now she can eat all the choc bars she wants. AND chicken Mcnuggets...She loved Highschool Musical. But her smile, i'll never forget it...

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

* ~ Thanks again Leveta ~ * For sharing your
    Precious Little Niece's Picture & Special Life Story
    with ~ ALL ~ of us....

I Know ~ I am Deeply Touched by this... and
    Very Blessed for
    hearing what a Precious ~ Little Sweetheart ~
    Trooper that she was and
    Hearing the Proud way that you talk about her
    Precious Life & ~~ M * E* M * O * R * I * E * S ! ! !

Thanks again...
    God Bless ((((((((((((YOU ))))))))))) & the whole family
    SusieSunshine

• akup_a
    14 years ago

Prayers for you & family. She's a beautiful person inside & out. Allow yourself to grieve for you; afterall, a precious gift has been taken from you. Then gain strength through your memories.
    Vickie

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Awwwwwwwww, leveta, I am so sorry to hear about your young niece. Isn't it amazing how sweet and unselfish people with down syndrome can be? I used to work for Goodwill years ago and they never failed to bring a smile to my face and make my heart feel lighter. I think Susie's poem really hit home. I think it is so cool that she saw Jesus and her loved ones on the other side and new she was going somewhere great before she passed on. My prayers are with you and your family.

• leveta
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Today was her veiwing and tomorrow is her funneral...She looked so cute...They had butterfies in her hair. She looked so sweet...They had all her rings on her. I gave her two, one was praying hands and the other said I LOVE YOU with a heart...I never seen the like of people and little gifts and flowers...It shows all the hearts she touched...Thank you all for your thoughts...

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

Ms Leveta:
    Just wanted to check in with you and see how you and
    the family are doing.... ?
    Hope things are going smoooooothly for ya'll !
    I know this has been a very difficult time...
    and I pray that
    you are handling things and letting GOD LOVE YOU
    during your time of loss of your
    PRECIOUS Little NIECE ! ! !

God Bless ~ You are remembered in Our PRAYERS !
    Special Encouraging thoughts are always
    coming your way !

Your GJ Friends....
    SusieSunshine

• leveta
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh susie Thank You...We are doing fine. The viewing was hard. But after a good cry we were ok. Mom(her granmother) took pretty hard, but like I said we all had a good cry and got it out it was better...I know she's happy and whole now and that makes a difference. Her granpa(my brother) came in today to spend time with his daughter(kyrstyn's mom). He and his wife had just got to England when all this happened and couldn't get back for the funeral. Again Thank You...They don't call you susiesunshine for nothing...lol

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions