Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nonacook

Printing posts

nonacook
14 years ago

I have always been able to print all, or part of posts if I need instructions, etc. The last few days the pictures will print, but not the wording. Is it just me and my computer,( I am computer illiterate) or is it something garden web has done?

Comments (6)

• Dottie B.
    14 years ago

Not sure if they have changed anything, but when I want to print a post, I actually highlight what I want to print and only print that. That way I don't get all the ads and junk that is on the page.

To do that, place your cursor at the start of what you want to highlight. Left click on the mouse and keep holding it down and then just drag your mouse until you get to the end of what you want to print. If you are using Windows, go up to the File Menu, select print, and click on "Selection", then click OK. It will only print what was highlighted.

• nonacook
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That is what I have been doing---It's not working now for me...
    The picture will stay highlighted, but to post will not.

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

Try emailing it to yourself and then print it out....It's under clippings.LOL Joan

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Nona, sometimes I found I have to highlight and copy the picture first...then I paste it into an email (which I don't send.) I go back and highlight and copy the wording, and also paste that in the email. Then I just print it from there. Works everytime for me.

hugs, Karen

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

I copy stuff into word documents (or "open office" if I'm on my laptop) because I can manipulate the size and shape of both text and images, so if I want several things on one page I can make that happen. I usually make the margins one have inch and sometimes I'll make 2 columns cuz more fits. I like to save them because I can also save live links, I may or may not print them.
    kathy

• nonacook
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I hit 'print preview' also and all I can see it the titles of the post. This is the only site that this has happened to--so far--and since I print EVERYTHING! I don't like it! If I just want the pictures I can click and print (or highlight and print) but when I highlight the words and the photo only the photo stays highlighted after I hit selection on the print page-the words will not print. And as I said when I hit print preview nothing comes up but the title such as in this posting 'printing posts'. All of this has just started in the past week.
    I have not tried Kathy's idea because I don't use word documents for anything, or backyards idea of emailing it. I have NEVER had to do anything different until now (the past week). All of the things I use still work on all the other sites I go to. Just not this site, and I can't figure out why.
    That is 3 separate things I have always used that won't work here (for me) anymore.