Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

Junk Jam Jollification Wish list

susiewantsroses
14 years ago

What is your Junk Jam Wish List???????? If your Junk Jamboree Gift box was Jam-packed with Junk to make you Jolly, what would be in that box?

I'll start, er....ummmm....auhhhhh....OK, step stone patterns/drawings/idea lists/pictures, any flat thing that can be used for mosaics, rocks from your part of the country, any Mini things for 199 Bright Street, Garden Village TX., or ANY JUNK-JUNK.

NOW IT IS YOUR TURN.

Comments (32)

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

oooh....let's see...hmmm...I love dragonflies, birds, small figurines for pots, any kind of metal work, stones, things for totem toppers, flowery plates (even though they probably wouldn't travel well), "crystal" bangles, things I could use in my yard conservatory...like fairies and general JUNK!!

This is fun Susie!

• leveta
    14 years ago

My all time fav...BOTTLEBUGS.....

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Drowning in junk,so I don't need more. (Until next TS or GS) But I realized Susie needs a little picnic table & benches to sit on a small flagstone patio by 1 of her 199 Bright St. houses. No self-respecting mansion would be without a patio & place to sit in evening breeze! Jan

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Come on you Junk Jamboree Gardyloo Mailers. Give ol'Pappy Troll some hints on what Garden Junk things you like best!!!!

Ol' Three Tooth the mail man will be Pappy Troll at my door.

An original er...ah..Poem

Twas the month before Junk Jam and all through the house,
    Not a dust bunny was stirring, not even a louse.

The mail box was hung on a fence post outside.
    In hopes that Ol' Three Tooth could crank his ride.

The flowers were blooming all fresh in their bed,
    With yellows and purples and even some red.

And I in my overalls and Hubs in his cap,
    sat down in the porch swing,to take a nap.

When out in the hood there arose such a clatter.
    I sprang from my stuper to see what was the matter.

Away to the mailbox, I flew like a flash,
    Tore open a package, looking for trash.

Was Gardyloo written on the address below?
    I checked it again and the answer was no...

But what to my wondering eyes did appear?
    A Pinto that had been smashed in the rear.

A slow moving mailguy, who never moved quick,
    Ol' Three-Tooth the postman!!! it started to click.

More rapid than eagles, the old Pinto came,
    But Three-Tooth was shouting and calling me names.

"Now Dash-it, Now Darn it, you pushie vixen,
    I'm comin, not stupid, just cus I read ficion".

On the top of the porch on the top of the wall,
    The birds in a birdhouse were disturbed by my call.

And then with some spittle and a little snort,
    Ol' Three Tooth came strolling onto the porch.

As I gathered my wits, a box hit the ground,
    "There's your Junk Mrs. T, see ya'll around.

The Junk box was spilling out beautiful treasures,
    Enough for a totum to glue at my leasure.

As the Mail Pinto cornered, no longer in sight,
    I yelled "Hey thanks mister, everything is alright".

• leveta
    14 years ago

LOL...You need to be published...

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

SusieRose, I agree with Leveta. You'd be a hit writing books. LOL.
    Did you ever check that stepping stone mold site I've mentioned previously? She has soooo many neat molds and is such a nice lady to deal with. When I first bought some, she let me bug her with all kinds of questions on making and painting stepping stones. I have a dozen or more molds, and really need to get off my butt and get them poured and done.

"Jollification"....I like that word. LOL. Goes right along with another I saw. "Obtainium" (all the crap, errr good stuff, we find and bring home.)

Lets see, my wish list would include birds, pretty or interesting rocks, metal stuff, rocks, neat wood, rocks, birdhouses, rocks.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: molds

• cindee11461
    14 years ago

Is this for the Junk Train or the July gift exchange?

• leveta
    14 years ago

July gift ex.

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

Hmmmmm...I love most anything glass and shiny....since someone dubbed my garden as the glass garden and now I seem to be introduced as the lady with the glass garden here in town...LOL. Honestly...I was on my mail route the other day and stopped to compliment one of my customers on her garden....and after we talked for a couple of minutes she exclaimed "You are the lady with the glass garden..." But I also love bird houses, rustic, rusty metal, angels, butterflies, dragonflies, birds....just about anything that looks pretty in the garden. Does that answer your question Susie

• cindee11461
    14 years ago

I love shoes for my shoe garden. I like to plant them with sempervivums so something that would work for that(-: I love rocks with sayings and signs with garden sayings on them. I would love a cement (hypertufa)foot for displaying in my garden(-: Did you guys see that foot? It was so cool and I have been searching for one like that since(-:

Here is a link that might be useful: cement foot

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Let's see ... I like to mosaic so anything that can be used to mosaic with like pretty plates, cups, saucers, interesting buttons, beads, little figurines and pretty junk jewelry (broaches are a good example). I would like to make some fairy houses so anything that can be used on them like stones, moss, drift wood, miniature things and ... well ... fairies. I collect birdhouses, birds and cats too. And I love anything rustic including rust, wood and stones.

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Ok, so here goes it and to my Secret person:
    So I love old rusty relics of the past ( i have small witches cauldron rusting, a rusty wheel from a mining cart, a twine ball holder, old garden tools, etc hanging around in my garden) glass items for totems, dragonflies, hummingbirds, ladybugs, praying mantis', frogs & toads (realistic looking not the freakish looking ones), turtles & tortoises, I love Americana red white and blue stuff and Amer. flags, disco ball type ornaments, mirrored glass danglies, oh and of course wind chimes. Sturdy Big Mamma and Big Daddy ones that are annoying! :-) I also love the littel plant stakes.
    Hope these are good hints.
    GARDYLOO!
    Love, Jules

• chelcass
    14 years ago

Hmmmmmm let me think! Ouch that hurt ;) anyway i love butterflys, dragonflys,gnomes all things metal or wood. The older the better. I like odd ball stuff. I recently found porcelain gas stove grates. Don't know what I am going to do with them yet!! Rusty tools or anything I can nail to my *junk* birdhouses. Beads, buttons, costume jewerly, the list goes on and on.

• sorie6 zone 6b
    14 years ago

GLASS GLASS GLASS.. I love making bird feeder/baths!!!
    Love the poem TFS.

• akup_a
    14 years ago

The poem was a cracker!!! I love it!! Susie, I hope you are typing up all your poems, stories, etc. I'd buy your book for sure!

I'm just crazy about tea cups & tea pots.

Akup_a tea
    makes me pee,
    Would you please
    have a cup with me.

Sorry, blame Susie, she inspired it!

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Susie~

You are too much girl!!!

My list is already on here...just wanted to share my thanks to Susie!

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Oh yeah, I too love butterflies and bees as well!
    Love, Jules

• leveta
    14 years ago

My person isn;t on here yet...I how they do cause I'm at a lose here....

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Smickie, I know you work for the Postal Dept. I have had a running joke about our rouge mail carrier ever since he confronted me and put me in my place. LOL

He had been delivering mail to me for two years to the people who used to live here. I would take the hand full of mail inside EVERYDAY and write MOVED, NO ONE HERE BY THAT NAME ANYMORE. I did this for "two" years. One day I felt a little fiesty and I wrote my mailman a note, "These people have been gone for two years. Please make necessary changes at the post office." That very day a very sweaty, ticked-off Postman banged on my door and let me know just "How the cow eats the cabbage" down at the Post Office, thank you very much!!!! I told Hubs (Junk-Hunk) that if anything ever happens to me that he should send the police to talk to our mailguy. ;;;;;shiver;;;;;

So my fictional "Three-Tooth Mailman" is my way of gettin' back at him for 'leanin on me'. He is a cross between the rural route mailman on Chevy Chase's movie, "Funny Farm" and Jack Nicholson's movie, "The Shining". LOL

My husband works for a BANK (no bonuses I promise)!!!!! We get joked about all of the time even to the point of 'causing the end of the world economy'. LOL Glad Hubs was just a desk-jockie peon and not a policy maker. LOL

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Purple Karen, I got 42 square concrete step stones from Freecycle. I plan to mosaic them I guess.

A-cup-of-tea, We should collaborate on some nursery rhymes.

Cindee- I see you have a little 'foot fetish thingy' going on there. My niece had her hand molded with melted wax. Do you think a polly mold could be made at home? Wouldn't it be cool to push them down in the ground and walk on the bottom of the concrete feet as step stones?!!!!!!! I LOVE THAT IDEA!!!!!!

GARDYLOO YA'LL!!!!!!!!!!!!

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Susie, you are a riot!

I like glass, interesting oddball molds for concrete or a good one for mushrooms (I've already got lots of old cake and jello molds), I want to mosaic so (I know this is a long shot) plates with primroses (not Evening P's the other kind) or other cool patterns, I used to see pretty covers to small glass or ceramic things that the bottoms had broken but not finding any now that I want some! Plus everything else, lol.

My mail story is for 15 years at the building I manage we have received first class mail from some investment company for a tenant who was a sublet that many years ago! Once I opened one by mistake and he (the fmr tenant) apparently has money invested with them. Every month or two we put something back in the mailbox with a Return to sender not at this address sticker on it. Stickers that we created specifically to deal with this situation. I have also written and emailed the company to no avail. But their website describes how wonderful they are lol. I pity their investors if they can't even take care of this little detail for 15 years. Plus think of the cost to the Post Office. Recently I put a note inside our mailbox refusing mail to that person and we now get less tho some still slip through. I have no idea where the guy went but wonder if the company hopes no one will ever claim that money since its possible that he has died and there would be no recent mail about it for family to find.
    kathy

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

Susie your poem is great..I like old things from days gone by,gnomes always have a place here,as do frogs.I love anything for the birds that come to visit,anything to hang from my trees,wind chimes,odd looking shoes to use as planters.My secret person hasn't left her wishes on here yet.But I've got some good ideas.Happy summer everyone.Joan

• joannpalmyra
    14 years ago

Well, I'm not in the JJJ group, but just to add my 2 cents... I'd like some old bike wheels. Not tires, but the metal part with the spokes. I saw someone at a craft sale that added posts and painted them like flowers. I thought they looked groovy. :D

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kathy Primrose- I use to manage properties for 13 years. It was just long enough to go insane!!!! LOL It's a shame that Mr. Sublet did not have valid paperwork with next of kin in your office.

blooming- Can you put that 2cents in my paypal account. tee hee. I took a bike wheel and ripped the rubber tire off, painted it white, and put it on my white wheel barrow. It's not really "groovy" but it's cool. It gives the wheel barrow a unique 'one of a kind' look. It doesn't roll very easily but it had retired anyway.

• debby_md_z7
    14 years ago

hi all
    susie you are to much.

my likes- birdhouses-teacupa
    gnomes for mini gardens and
    gnomes did i say birds
    i like junk
    i hope my secret junker makes a list
    debby

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Ok, susieroses, Tom T. Hall said it best: (well, except the bourbon)!(and I luved your poem!) LOL!

I LOVE

I love little baby ducks, old pick-up trucks, slow-moving trains, and rain
    I love little country streams, sleep without dreams, sunday school in may,
    And hay
    And i love you too

I love leaves in the wind, pictures of my friends, birds in the world, and squirrels
    I love coffee in a cup, little fuzzy pups, bourbon in a glass, and grass and i love you too

I love honest open smiles, kisses from a child, tomatoes on the vine, and onions
    I love winners when they cry, losers when they try, music when it's good, and life
    And i love you too.

Anything "garden junk" is GREAT for me! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

You are so right, Jeanne. Tom T. Hall sure knew what he was talking about.

SusieRose, email me please as I don't have your addy.
    sangareeKS at aol.
    hugs, Karen

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OK Jeanne, Here is the song that will be stuck in my head for a month, maybe two. ; )

Here is a link that might be useful: I love

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Ohhh, thanks susieroses...that was great listenin' to "I Love" song again! (another oldie, but goodie!) That's what popped in my head when I was trying to think of a response to your request for JJJ Wish List...so I goggled & "thunk" alot to remember an old song!

But now we are even...yesterday when I walked back outside after working on gardens, what pops in my head and out my mouth (off-key, of course) ... "Oh, what a wonderful world!" Ummmm, who put that song in my head! Finally J. Cash's "Folsom Prison" tune is gone for awhile! BTW, that Junk Train will probably be movin' on soon! Thanks, again, susieroses! Jeanne S.

• leveta
    14 years ago

I got to thinkin, whoever may have gotten my name may not know how to make bottle bugs(I've not attemped yet), so anything wimsical for my flower bed...

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

I am trying to create an Aloha Garden Junk Area but I just can't get my 'thinking' 'Thunk'. Maybe pineapple, shells.
    light blue vases and plates, palm tree, starfish, tropical looking tops for totems, fish. Well you get my general idea.

Sylvia
    NanaGrandma

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Well,I know this isn't junk but I sure wouldn't mind flower seeds or bulbs from lilies or some other plant you propagated. Not Tulips or Daffies mind you as they do not grow here.
    I love birdhouses, birdcages, frogs, anything to do with nature really.Except Bobcats (just say NO to Bobcats!)
    I enjoy rustic stuff but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I also LOVE BRIGHT colors , after all this is FLORIDA!!!!!
    (Lime green,bright purple,reds ,deep blue etc )
    Anything silly that makes grandkids and garden visitors smile!

Sponsored