Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Prayer Request for Parkersburg Community

jeannespines
14 years ago

My son teaches in the P'burg/Aplington school district...as you probably know, a F5 tornado destroyed over 200 homes last yr. (May 29) with 9 deaths between P'burg & New Hartford...recovery has been miraculous due to such motivation & volunters, etc.

Yesterday, the P'burg community suffered an horrendous event when a former 2004 grad. walked into the re-built weight room & shot Coach Ed Thomas, who died shortly afterward. Coach T. has been a teacher, coach, mentor for 37 yrs. at P'burg...a man who has touched so many lives & loved his family, students & community.

I am asking for your prayers for P'burg, the Thomas' family, the teachers, the community...and the family who lives in P'burg & was good friends & church deacons with Coach T...their son who committed this evil act.

Thank you...I believe in the power of prayer to help with healing...Jeanne S. ... you may have seen this yesterday on CNN news.

Comments (10)

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

OH ... My... Dear Sweet Jeanne:

I am just so sad to hear this Tragic news !
    The moment I heard it... I prayed for all involved and
    I wondered... Is this somehow close to Our Precious
    Jeanne ? ~ So although I have prayed from the moment
    I heard about this.. I will indeed continue !

*** *** *** there is NO possible way to Understand
    something of this nature...
    When A Man has helped to shape and form so many
    young people's lives...
    Then... this loss... BUT I believe even in
    his death.. This GREAT MAN will have a positive
    influence.. on MANY OTHERS ! Just hearing and seeing
    his son speaking about his father.. was AWESOME !
    and then several of the other Young men that
    had gone on to play NFL Football and the grrrreat
    influence that he had on their lives !

terribly troubled soul... it is unreal that the hospital released him with out calling the SHERIFF's Office !!! As sad and tragic as it is... I believe the B I B L E says it for me... GOD WILL INDEED TAKE THE BAD & ~ EVIL ~ DEEDS of a man.... Turn it around and USE it for GOOD TO GLORIFY GOD & THE GOOD KIND MAN ~ THE COACH ~ who dedicated his life to helping train and TEACH and COACH Young people ! \*\*\* There is just a whole bunch of E V I L ~ going on in this world.... \*\*\*\*\*\*\*\* BUT GOOD IS GOING TO OVERCOME ~EVIL!!! We CAN ~ NEVER ~ EVER ~ GIVE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is indeed Good ~ A L L THE TIME !!!!!!!! A \* L \* L \* ~ the TIME ~~~~ GOD \* IS \* G O O D !!!!!

May the PEACE of GOD ~ which passeth ALL
    Understanding....
    KEEP YOUR HEARTS & MINDS in Christ Jesus !

HE WILL NEVER LEAVE * YOU * nor
    Forsake you ~
    For
    GOD CARES FOR YOU ! ! ! !

God Bless !
    Your GJ Buddy
    SusieSunshine

***** ONE DAY AT A TIME ~ SWEET JESUS !!!!!
    Prayers:
    For All Students & Family & Church Family
    Members Family & Friends for this wonderful
    Teacher & COACH ! ! !
    Everyone who knew him was truly Blessed ! ! !

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Jeanne,
    I remember hearing about this yesterday morning. I didn't realize it would hit so close to home for you. I tell you the longer I live the more I realize that things like this are hard to explain or even reason. My prayers are goign up for coaches family, friends and that entire community.
    Love, Jules

• leveta
    14 years ago

Oh had sad...I'm sorry to hear this for both families...Will be praying...

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

The more a person hurts, the more they want to hurt others.

May Coach T. be at peace with God today and forever as he indeed lived a blessed life. 'The Lord was his shepard...he shall not want'. Bless his loved ones as well during this most painful loss.

May the socially rejected, mentally unstable, demonically confused, hurting people, all be touched by the Spirit of Truth. Lead them beside the still waters and restore their souls. For they live in a mental and emotional Hell here on earth.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not have lived in vain (I cant remember who wrote that?). Let's pray for the lost too.

Blessed Be The Name of The Lord...So Be It.

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

Yes.... Ms Jeanne ~
    Thanks for the words Desertrat Ms Jules & Leveta
    & Big D I T T O to you Ms SusieRose ~ not only do
    you decorate like Martha Stewart... Your sweet
    Precious words... are like BillyGraham !!! DITTO ! ! !

These acts of violence seem even worse during these
    difficult times to understand the world and
    angry people who get disturbed and take it out
    on others ! Very hard to handle... and it
    will never ~ ever make any sense !

Again DITTO to the sweet words above from
    Ms SusieRose !

PEACE ~ LOVE ~ JOY & Grace from the Heavenly Father!
    God BLess !
    SusieSunshine

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Jules said it so well for me too.

Too much tragedy, too many senseless murders.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

That's too much for 1 town to have to deal with! Coming back from destruction & now this. Only God know why this happened but as before the town will pull together & gather strength to keep going. Hard to watch your son in the middle of it having to deal with the kids feelings. Prayers for son's family & your's the Thomas's & the town!! Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Such a tragic story. I will keep Coach T's family in my prayers as well as the young man's family.

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

That story was so disturbing, Jeanne. Another example of the crazy, violent world we live in today. I didn't realize it hit so close to home with someone I consider my friend. Makes me even sorrier to hear this bad news.

Senseless deaths such as this are so hard to understand. One thing I do understand is that the world needs more good men like Coach Thomas, who led his life as a good example to us all.

It is up to our heavenly father to pass judgement onto his attacker, something was terribly wrong with him somehow. God bless his family as well. They must be suffering also. So very sad.

Hugs, love, and prayers for a more peaceful world, Jeanne ~tenderlee (singing Imagine by John Lennon in my head right now) Peace Out ~

• akup_a
    14 years ago

May God grant the P'burg Community a healing heart.
    vickie