Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

Susie, Speechless??? No Way.

susiewantsroses
14 years ago

Yes way!!!!

Ol' Three Tooth rang the door bell and threw a box marked "Fragile" down on the brick porch. I heard him cackle as he crawled back inside the drivers side window of his Pinto. I opened the door when I was sure he was gone and there lay a Priority- Red,White,and Blue box!!!! It was addressed to me from someone named "Karen" who had a last name that could not be pronounced below the Mason/Dixon Line. Then I saw AZ and I knew it was our Purplemoon. I hopped around thinking, JUNK JAM GARDYLOO GOODIES!!!!!! But it was labeled "F R A G I L E". Even I, (whom cannot spell a lick) knew that GARDYLOO begins with a 'G' and not an 'F'. So feeling superior for two seconds, I pulled a note out of the box that said "This is not Gardyloo". Shucks!!! She didn't forget how to spell Gardyloo afterall. She meant the FRAGILE notations to be addressed to Ol' Three Tooth (who was never taught what Fragile means). I continued to read and discovered it was a very precious gift of friendship, encouragement, and Faith. I think my knees went weak at that point. Then the 'Speechless' thing started. There in the box was the most lovely gift whose message spoke volumns. Surely this was sent to the wrong Susie. Maybe it was supposed to go to "Susiebuildsanorphanage" or "Susieendsworldhunger". But it was to little ol'me, "Susiewantsaflippinrosebush". Within the wrappings was a Cross and a Cherub meant to be mosaiced. Both symbolic of a Power far above our human limitations. Translated, she sent me wishes for God's Best in my life that will help me to bless others. That is the highest order of sentiment. I was breathless.

Garden Web is the first Forum I have ever been a part of. I have to say that I had no idea that folks would be so warm and caring. There are so many things that I appreciate about all of you. Each of us has something to contribute to help each other grow in the things that we love and the things that we go through. It makes me proud to be in the company of such a wonderful group.

Here is the cross. I will save the cherub angel for a later post.

{{gwi:127310}}

Comments (9)

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Wow Susie!! What a wonderfully, warm gift of friendship! You made my afternoon! That Karen is something else, isn't she?? God Bless you Susie and Karen!!

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

awesome slate cross and painting but mostly the warmth she sent across the miles.Gardenjunkers are best!

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

LOL, Susie, you aren't the least bit speechless!!!! You stinker! I'm glad to hear ol' Three Tooth didn't break that cross wall plaque. Let me tell you, I was worried about shipping it. Its heavy plaster, but still.
    I can't wait to see what you can mosaic with the little Cherub. I know it will be beautiful.

You made my day with your delight. I was afraid you'd think it was your Gardyloo, LOL. But when I stumbled on that cross, it just HAD to come live with you.
    And I meant what I said, Thank YOU for bringing so much joy and laughter to my life.
    By the way, my old German name is easier to pronounce than it looks. LOL Schechterle....Sheck-Ter-Lee. (told my DH when we married, he should take my name instead.)

And thanks, Marlene. I do love the folks here so much.

hugs, Karen

• cindee11461
    14 years ago

Well how sweet!!!!It is a very beautiful gift! I love the three tooth delivery story!! lol Did you ever see the movie Funny Farm with Chevy Chase??? They had a simular postman!!!

• leveta
    14 years ago

What a WONDERFUL!!! treasure from one treasured friend to another...A true BLESSING!!!

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

cindee- I told how the saga of "ol' Three Tooth" started, here on the forum one time. It is me, showing my passive aggressive side, by dumping on my local mailman. He fussed at me one day for leaving him a note in the mailbox that he did not appreciate. I told my Hubs that if anything ever happens to me, investigate the postman. LOL Then my imagination went wild (with a tsp of the postman from "Funny Farm") and he became "Ol' Three Tooth The Mail Jerk". LOLOLOLOLOLOLO Which is totally a joke. I'm sure he has an entire Fan Club somewhere. (jab) Seriously, if I knew him I would never tease like this.

In my life I have had to learn to grab all of the humor I can. I could write about 'my life' but it would end up being the size of a set of Encyclopedias.

Here is a link that might be useful: Funny Farm Mailman

• akup_a
    14 years ago

You two are the sweetness in the candy dish. It's hearts as golden as yours that make me want to be a better friend.
    Vickie

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

LOL ... I love the ol three tooth stories too!

A thoughtful gift for a very deserving GJ buddy. So nice of Karen to send you a treasure you'll always enjoy! ~tenderlee

p.s. Karen I'm glad you gave the pronunciation of your name. Maybe I could come closer to saying it right now, because you're the first with that name for me. Good name though ... In my German line a similar name is Scherrer.

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Loved your story about your mailman Susie. That Karen is such a sweetheart, always thinking about putting a smile on someone's face. Lovely cross and beautiful sentiments, I know you will enjoy it for years to come. (And you will still be getting your "Gardyloo" soon too!) ;o) Luvs

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living