Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mjowest

Campbell is HERE!!!

mjowest
12 years ago

In overcast, Cool West Michigan!

We have a busy afternoon, Campbell and I, but will have photos up tonight, I promise!!

Comments (12)

• mjowest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh my. Only three hours of Campbell, and I'm bushed. I'm too old for this, lol, so he will be packed up and shipped out tomorrow for his next stop.
    Hopefully someone who's a little younger...

Here are the details of his short vacation:

Here is a link that might be useful: Campbell's Michigan's Adventure

• gramma_cindy
    12 years ago

Glad you likke the tote bag! Theyre fun to make :)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

WOOHOO!!! So glad Campbell made it to Michigan! Looks like he had a load of cool stuff with him too! Sounds like you both need a good rest after your busy day....happy traveling Campbell!

• kylslil1
    12 years ago

So, what' up with the campbell thing? I think from the couple posts Ive read, yall share garden junk...is there a link i can read for how this started? seems, kinda cool. :)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Looks like you had lots of goodies to choose from! So happy to see Campbell back on track! He sure looked like he enjoyed his stay in West Michigan! Your gardens are beautiful Mjo...fun to visit your place w/Campbell. Hope you can find lots of good uses for the 'cargo!' TFS! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

How fun! Thanks for sharing the great pics.

kylslil1, nmgirl has been so sweet putting together the "Junk Train" for us. It is a box that goes all over the country filled with bits and pieces of junk. People take out what they want and then add more to the box. nmgirl is the "conductor." She decides where the box is sent next. People sign up with her when it first starts and then the Junk Train makes the rounds. Included in the box is a mascot ... in this case Campbell the frog. People take pictures of the mascot having adventures during its stay. It is a load of fun.

Stay tuned for our Secret Santa where we exchange gifts at Christmas time. We also did a spring time equivalent where people exchanged garden junk gifts. Both are lots of fun.

• a.girl.named.max
    12 years ago

Campbell arrived safe and sound in Minnesota. I was so glad to meet him. He's even cuter than his pictures!

First thing I did was give him a big hug. Then I explained that I am attending college this summer session and I have lots of homework, essays, and tests in the next few days but starting Friday we are going to have some serious fun. In the meantime he's going to hang out with the gnomes and fairies.

I couldn't resist taking a peak in his box and discovered that we'll have to take a study break so we can plant some sedum and bulbs that Mjowest sent with him. There are lots and lots of other goodies in his box that will be hard to resist. I hope Campbell doesn't tempt me into playing hookie!

I have posted a picture of his arrival in his 14.5 lb. box!
    While Campbell is here, I'll try keep you updated from time to time. He is scheduled to get back on the Junk Train on July 5.

Campbell sends his love to all his Junk Train friends. We'll be in touch.

PS: Can you see the twinkle in his eye? I hope that doesn't mean mischief.

{{gwi:127312}}

• nmgirl
    12 years ago

Woo-hoo!
    Give him a big hug from me!
    Have a great weekend with the little guy.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh boy, max...I hope he doesn't incite trouble for the fairies & the gnomes at your place! That is quite the 'twinkle' in Campbell's eye!!! Maybe you could play him some good froggy music to lure him to rest for awhile!

Galumph went the little orange frog one day
    Galumph went the little orange frog
    Galumph went the little orange frog one day
    and his eyes go galumph galumph galumph!

LOL! Good luck w/your summer term...that's tough! I'm sure Campbell can be patient & wait...keep the music playin'! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

I say that twinkle spells trouble! Keep him away from fireworks! And have fun with the Junk Train!

• mjowest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I never told anyone that I almost forgot to add Campbell to the box...

• a.girl.named.max
    12 years ago

Campbell's back on the junk train! I came down with a summer cold so Campbell insisted on staying an extra day to take care of me.

Although he enjoyed Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes and where the mosquito is rumored to be the state bird, he's really looking forward to his next stop. He heard that his next hosts have a pond.

I'll post pictures of Campbell's visit to Minnesota very soon.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH