Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

DfosterD got her own apartment YAY!

concretenprimroses
14 years ago

(to the Tune of "When Johnny comes marching home")

When Bonnie gets her own home again, Hurrah Hurrah

We'll give her a hearty farewell then, Hurrah Hurrah

Dh will cheer and I will shout,

The kitties they will all turn out,

And we'll all feel gay

When Bonnie goes marching home.

Our grown up foster daughter moved in with us a year ago cuz she broke up with her boyfriend and couldn't pay the rent on her own. For the last month or so she has rented a room from a friend, but just yesterday she got an apartment and will be taking all her stuff and her 2 kitty cats (whom 2 of my kitties don't like.) Some people its just easier to love from a distance. She'll be walking distance from our house but no longer in it - Perfect! I'm sore from helping her move stuff and told her no more. I'll drive our truck but she and her friends have to do the hauling. Its going to be so nice to have our home back and not have to worry about her kitties escaping and lots of other little irritations.

Just thought I'd let on a bit of good news, lol.

kathy

Comments (9)

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Yay for getting your house back!!!! ;-)

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

I've Been there before too. I'm jumping up and down for you. OMG have I ever been there.

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

I have known friends who let their grown kids come home when they lost a job or broke up with a significant other. It usually meant a lot of inconvenience and stuff and pets being left behind when they finally do move. And it usually takes a crow bar to get them to move too! lol! I'm doing a little happy dance for you.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Was that only foster D you've had? My GF took in newborns & had over 100 of them over the yrs. She moved & has again had some. She never took in older ones had 3 kids of her own. FD was lucky to have you into adulthood. They turn them out into the streets out here when they turn 18. Some folks are trying to correct that. I'm sure there are some FPs that don't turn them out. Without job training or anything they have a rough life & with just a suitcase I imagine doesn't take much to get in with wrong people. They need half way houses for them to learn how to be on their own ,job training & work long enough to afford 1st & last on apt. Hope you are home free & if you change her room into a whole different look, sewing room etc She'll get idea time to be on her own!! Good Luck!! Jan

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Congrats, Kathy, I know how happy you are from my own experience! I'm so happy for you, and agree with Jan that changing her old room into your very own craft room, sewing room, etc would be a good way to go with it, maybe keep a futon in it for guests and to use as a sofa. If she ever had to come back for a while, she would know you need that room for other things now, and to hurry along.

Our DD, Son-IL, and our 2 GSs got their own apartment April 1st, and now they live just 3 miles from us. We still help with the kids every day, as her health is not good. But it's so nice to live alone again! I don't have to cook for 6 people, only 2, and dishes for just 2. We're still trying to reclaim our house again, and it's gonna take a while. Amazing how many places crayon marks can appear! :-) *kids*

Your DfosterD will be much happier too. Glad things are smoother now at your house, and it was good that you could help her once again. Not many people would take the time or care enough. I admire you for that! The world needs more people like you, Kathy! You were willing to do with less, so that someone you care about could have more. ~tenderlee

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

God bless "family!" Happy to hear everything is working out better for you, crete...and hope all goes well for DFD! Enjoy the "peace" and "quietness." Jeanne S.

• cindee11461
    14 years ago

My daughter came home last November after she and her husband broke up. She has a husky dog and I know how you feel having the cats(-: Its nice to have her back and I am happy she is rid of her loser husband but I miss my peace and quiet and clean house too! Oh well...She is going to finish college and then move out. So thats a couple years from now. I am glad your FD got her own place! yay for you!!!!

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone. Nice to know you know how I feel!
    Sunny your daughter must be an angel to be so big hearted! Bonnie is our only full time fchild. We had a couple of brothers for respite, up to a month at a time, over a period of almost 10 years, but we never got them as we had hoped. We are still in contact with the younger who is now 19. The older one went back to his bio mom and ended up in jail.
    Sunny I know about CA and foster kids - its shocking. DfD spoke at a conference workshop for foster kids in Sacramento a few years ago, (sent by the agency that placed her with us) I went with her and I was horrified at the stories I heard from the "local" kids. Its funny cuz we think of CA as having so many more social services than here. People are trying to change it - hope it happens soon.
    kathy

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Yep my daughter came back after a bad marriage. Along with her was my 5 year old grandson, her cat and a stupider than stupid jack russell terrier that tore my house to pieces.
    I loved them all ,,,,except that dog.We finally helped her get a home of her own and amazing thing was the terrier tore her house apart and she got rid of it!!!
    I still have the cat full time(KL)and the grandson every other weekend and just about all summer. At least I don't have that dog.
    Now she has a new hubby and new baby and ,,,come to think of it Im watching him again today!
    LOL
    I love the grandkids though and tell myself how blessed I am that we are all in the same county.