Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goldenpond_gw

Duck Den and Deeds

goldenpond
14 years ago

the new duck den is built for the growing duck population.They all seemed to be happy.I did catch one neighbor spying across the fence at the new abode. We planted some shrubby trees and vines to help hide it and give them shade.

{{gwi:127345}}

we found a 10X10 chain link dog kennel and added chicken wire on topDH is a great ducky daddy

{{gwi:127346}}

they are getting their feathers and will be able to go out soon during the day. Remember how Jinxie picked on them? Well he have placed her inside the pen for a few minutes and now,,,,,,,

they peck at HER! Last night I put the meekest duckling in HER OLD pen with her. They both squawked ALL night,neither of them slept. And Jinxie withheld her daily egg from us.

{{gwi:127347}}

{{gwi:36006}}

Meanwhile Jinxie has been nice to a few wild female ducks who came but they never stay long. They all try to get Cormoronnies attention

{{gwi:127348}}
The books I read said don't raise a single duck because they are flock animals and get lonely,thats why we opted for the extra ducks.

And ZoE, thats the one with the Mod Squad feathers,she picks on poor Jinxie alot.

Anyone know any good Duck psychologist?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz