Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Update on Bob and Other Stuff

luna_llena_feliz
14 years ago

So far they think they can save Bob's foot. He had the big toe cut off along with part of the ball of his foot. They put a stint(sp) in one of his arteries going down his leg to the foot and were happy with the blood flow going to his foot. Today they cut off the toe next to the big toe.

The surgeon was examining it in his room last night while I was there. He was showing me some dead tissue and the bone of the toe they cut off today. I think he was seeing whether I'd pass out or not. I managed not to vomit. Thank God, Bob wasn't able to feel any of it or see it! Whew!

He came out of his surgery today doing very well. He was bleeding like a "stuck pig" as he put it which the doctor thought was wonderful.

The building code violations on his house seem to be taken care of and his attorney is going to court on his behalf tomorrow. There are still a few things to do that they managed to find on their reinspection last week but we should have 60 days to get them done. So that is a relief for both of us.

I am sneaking over here from work because my computer at home has taken a dive. The hard drive needs to be reformatted and I don't have the start up disk (or can't find it). I don't even have the computer guy's name and phone number because it was on my computer. Ack! So this weekend I am going to my friend's house and I'll check my email from the computer guy from there. Hopefully my computer will be up and running within a week or so.

Please keep the prayers coming! Bob can use all the ones he can get. God must be listening to everyone since he is making sure that Bob is recovering nicely. Thanks for all your help in getting his attention! he-he

Hugs and much love,

Kathy

Comments (16)

• jitterbug4756
    14 years ago

Prayers & Angels flying your way that Bob keeps on an uphill recovery and nothing else turns necrotic. I am so glad he got to the doctor in time and that the legal battle has abated for ahile so the both of you can concentrate on his recovery.
    Sometimes you have to drag your horse to the water & MAKE him drink..LOL
    Best wishes for you both...Judy

• leveta
    14 years ago

I hate that you all are going through this...We went through this stuff with dad...It took a yr for his heels to heal. After he had his strokes they never told us to keep pillows under his legs to keep his heels off the bed. All that time in the hospital his heels, well I don't know how to put it. They took the bandages off his heels and his heels fell off more of less...We used saline and water and gaze, we wet the gaze with it and packed his heels then when it dryed pulled it out and the dead tissue come out with it. It let the meat grow in nicely... Bob sounds like a brave man to go through all this so well and I know he's so glad to have you there to help him...God Bless you both...

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

That big burst of wind you felt was my sigh of relief. The past few days with no update has been downright scary, LOL, since I'm such a worry-wart.
    I never thought of your computer being down! Sure glad that's why you were missing, but hope its fixed soon.

Poor Bob, what a terrible time he's having. Tho it does sound like they can save his foot. Thank goodness he has you, his own personal angel.
    {{gwi:127378}}
    And your own guardian angel better be working overtime or we'll have to sic the Old Woman on her. OW has been missing in action lately so she's probably ready to cause a lot of mischief. Bet she's been jealous of JT and all the attention SHE has gotten!

Hang in there, Kathy. We'll be with you.
    hugs, Karen

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Glad to hear that Bob had more surgery to get rid of rest of the problem, Should heal faster now! Good blood flow is great that way it doesn't pool & clot!! Glad they got your house problems set aside for awhile!! Continuing prayers that Bob will soon be coming home!! Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

So very happy to hear that Bob is coming along...sorry they had to take another toe, but hopefully, that will be the last! And YAY for the house issues...hopefully the others are small things and can be taken care of quickly too! I'll be remembering you and Bob in the days and weeks to come....blowing get well wishes your way!!

• akup_a
    14 years ago

Thnaks for the update. Hope Bob recovers quick. don't forget to take care of you in the process of his recovery.
    Vickie

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Glad that Bob is doing better.
    Hope the healing will be quick!

• use2bcapecodr
    14 years ago

Oh, Kathy, I can't tell you have relieved I am for both of you that Bob is doing well, and that the house business is getting straightened out. You two have been through so much for so long now! You truly deserve a break!!

And, Karen, the Old Woman is NOT MIA. She's here!! Since I've been laid up with this darned foot, she has run amok!! She has my house in a terrible state!! I keep telling her to pick up after herself and DH, but she just smiles that annoying smile of hers, and I know whatever it is will still be there tomorrow! What really annoys me though is when she races me to my computer. Sometimes she moves so fast, she doesn't have time to get dressed, but she always manages to get that cup of coffee. Usually, the last drop of coffee in the pot too!!

{{gwi:127379}}

I think I'll go make a drink now...to celebrate Bob's recovery! chuckle

Seriously, Kathy...sending love and prayers for both you and Bob.
    ~Sandy

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

((((((((((((((((( K A T H Y )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((( B O B )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Tons of Special Prayers & Special thoughts ~~~

& LOADS & LOADS OF *ENCOURAGEMENT************

Coming up ya'll s way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

******** STICK ~ ~ ~ TOGETHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't imagine how very very difficult this
    has been for
    both of ya'll !!!!!!!!! ? ! ? ! ?

But.... God Is Indeed giving you BOTH the
    Extra Strength to get through YET>>> ANOTHER Ordeal....

Love, Prayers and Special Thoughts for

**** PEACE ~ LOVE & JOY to Be Restored to
    Both You Ms Kathy & Bob !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God's Speed
    God Bless !
    your Garden Junker buddy & Neighbor !
    SusieSunshine

*** Dang ole Sandy sure L@@Ks cute in
    her bikini & sitt'n pretty @ her Computer !!! teehee!

• debby_md_z7
    14 years ago

kathy
    so glad the news
    is good try to rest
    and hope you get your
    puter fixed
    huggs debby

• kirkus
    14 years ago

Luna, Carol and I have been praying for you guys non-stop. You both deserve a break now. I am so glad you have each other to lean on. Take care of yourself. Bear Hugs! Kirk & Carol

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bob is doing very well. I was freaking out because they were talking about sending him home earlier this week. I was trying to figure out how I could move a lot of the furniture to make room for him to use a walker or crutches in the apartment. So I was SOOOOOO relieved to learn they were going to have him stay at a rehab center until his foot heals better. I couldn't believe they were going to send him home (where the quarters are cramped and there are 16 stairs to go up from the underground garage). I guess they finally took their heads out of their butts and decided it might not be a good idea for him to climb all those stairs and have to get up to open the outside door for the visiting nurse. What dolts!

I have been trying to find time to get to the library so I can get the computer guy's name and phone number off of my email contacts. *sigh* I thought I could have used my friend's computer last Saturday but stayed home trying to reconfigure the house to make room for Bob. She lives 50 miles away so it's not like I can stop there after work.

I don't have access to my online email from work. I'm amazed I am able to access this site! Hopefully they won't discover that I've been here.

Thank you all for the prayers. God is listening because I have calmed down and Bob is doing very well. You guys are the best!

Love,
    Kathy

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

So glad to hear he is on the mend!! Rehab will be good to get the balance down & get used to walking again & going up & down a couple of steps. Will give you chance to get caught up & get some sleep! Take care!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

What a good update! Way to go Bob! Tho I can't believe the dang doctors wanted to send him home already. Jeeez.
    Sure glad they decided on the rehab instead.
    Now if only you can get computer fixed, and get some rest,
    it will be a good week for you hopefully.

hugs, Karen

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Oh Kathy, I'm so glad things are working out. It probably wasn't the doctors who wanted to send him home, but rather the insurance company. Errrr! But the rehab will be so helpful, and will give you some time to adjust for him to come back home. Hope you can get your computer problems straightened out, bad timing on that, huh? Try to eat right and get enough rest! ~tenderlee

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Great news, luna! Prayers still coming your way! Jeanne S.
    p.s. Computer woes here also...too many STORMS! Modem only works an hour or two...trying to get another ordered with Qwest. Keep a "stiff upper lip"...remember, my Dad's wonderful words! You're doing great! Give Bob an extra hug!