Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Official Summer Jamboree PICTURE Post

kirkus
14 years ago

Jeanne asked that we start a separate post for PICTURES for the Summer Junk Jamboree gift exchange. Sooooo...here you go! Gardyloo!!! Kirk and Carol

Comments (52)

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

WOW!! What a haul! I'll bet it did feel like Christmas at your house! GARDYLOO!

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Oh oh oh how surprised I was when I tore into this package from Miss Susiewantroses. And how perfect this gift is. I have been coveting the gnome and fairy homes other member had taken the care to create. too many irons in the fire for me to get the time for my own. ANYWAY, I am very pleased to have found that she had sent me one of my own. AND the little pavers are to die for. A sweet litle fairy whom these two very handsome fellows have adopted. She even included the little plaque for my mother. Susie I new I wouldn't be disappointed with anything I received. Thank you very much. I even rushed out and found a home for the treasures.{{gwi:127416}}{{gwi:127417}}{{gwi:127418}}

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Gnome way man!That is an awesome gift.

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

{{gwi:127419}}

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

WOW, that is about the BEST gnome home I've seen yet. And Kat, your gnome garden is delightful and I plan to put it in our GJ album. Love those tiny pavers.

I'm so exciting at starting to see pictures of all the Gardyloo. Tho its not junk, its treasures!

hugs, Karen

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Lucky you, Kat! SusieRose is one of the most talented crafters I've ever seen! Adorable, something to keep and cherish always. Love the little pavers too and how you set it all up. Sweet! Glad Suz made the close ups too, thanks I can see all the detail. ~tenderlee

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Ya'll gotta know I cut up my old watch to make the door and upstairs shutter hinges. If you look real hard you'll see the back of a pierced ear ring is the gate latch. The roof and front porch was cut from a solid wooden picture frame (the kind with no seams). The little Fairey used to be a Cherub that I converted to a Fairey last year. She insisted on jumping into the box. I had all of the materials already here around in my stashes just waiting for wood glue and nails. Hubs helped with the big man tools when I needed the skill saw or nail gun. He was a huge help.

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

I mailed mine but I think I forgot to sign Goldenpond!

When I am on the Florida gardening forum they are fussy about using your REAL name on posts so I have been trying to add that and durned if I didnt forget to add my web name!
    tanya(goldenpond)

• akup_a
    14 years ago

"Ya'll gotta know I cut up my old watch to make the door and upstairs shutter hinges. If you look real hard you'll see the back of a pierced ear ring is the gate latch."
    I love the way you used these items to create your masterpiece SJJ gift.
    Vickie

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Susie does have a wonderful imagination and eye for art. The details she has added make the whole piece so real. I still love it. Hope to get mine out Mon.

Kat

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

Was coming home from the store.And a couple of streets over my mailman was delivering mail and he wave to me to stop.He dosn't get to our street for another hour or so.He said Joan I have a package for you from FL. Is it from your garden web site.I've told him about the fun with sending packages thur the mail when I got my first secret santa.He's a great guy,loves to garden and goes to Emerald Isle NC on vac too.So he said when he comes to my house he'd like to see what I got..Well Thanks Tanya.I love the Uncle Sam Santa...And all the other stuff too.But I'm a Santa nut.It is christmas in July..I'll post pic's as soon as i get the food put away.As you can see I was very excited.Thanks again..Joan

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

And have you ever
    soaked your fanny in the susquehanny???????????

tanya

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

here's my picture of gifts from Tanya.
    {{gwi:127420}}

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

WoooHoooo, cool stuff. I love that gnome, what a great face on him. And wonderful Santa for your collection!

Way to go, Golden and Congratulations, Joan.

hugs, Karen

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

yardmom- You got a terrific gift package!!!!!!! I am totally loving the gnome, the USA Santa, the adorable bee and FL flamingo, and and and..... all of the other surprises. Please tell me what the tiny brown critter is and what kind of (?) candles those are!! "Me be blind by age 50". : (

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Came home yesterday and there was this huge box on my porch!
    {{gwi:127421}}From Garden

Geez, I didn't order this, did I????

Nope, I didn't order it! It was my Secret Junk Jamboree gift..... GARDYLOO!!!!! From Tenderlee, my secret person. Thank you so much!! I can't wait to get started putting this wonderful stuff on my fence. I will certainly post photos after I'm done. Well I guess the suspense is killin all you people...hmmmmmm???????? Okay, here is my stuff.
    {{gwi:127422}}From Garden

{{gwi:127423}}From Garden

{{gwi:127424}}From Garden

{{gwi:127425}}From Garden

I told ya it was a lot of stuff. Thank you again Tenderlee!!!!

Donna in Florida

• nmgirl
    14 years ago

We were gone all day yesterday and didn't return home until late. Checked the mailbox and found an "attempt to deliver mail" notice from the PO, says the package is from WI. Must be from my JJ friend and today is a holiday so I have to wait until Monday to pick it up!!
    WAAAAAHHHHH! Sniffle. Pout. Sigh.
    It'll be a great way to start the week!

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

Susie the little things are two boxer pups laying on each other.And the boxes are incense's,vanilla,pumpkin,and rose scented.Yes it was all a great gift.I love Uncle Sam Santa.I can't wait for my GK's to get here today.my GS will slap his head and say oh no not another Santa...but they love it.Everybody have a great 4th of July...
    Joan

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

MZ- Tenderlee is trying to spoil you, but good!!!! She must have been saying "HO-HO-HO" the entire time she was packing that box. Your fence will 'bee' sooooooo fantastic!!!!

nmgirl- "Good things come, to those who wait". Folks at the Post Office are saying "What the heck is Gardyloo? Must be some cult up in WI."

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Everybody knows how much our "LUNA" has been through lately. I was her "Gardyloo Catcher". She sent the most precious things in spite of all that she has going on right now. She even took the time to pick things that I have mentioned.

Luna,I want to THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING except the little 'French Gnome Guy'. I knew he'd be trouble as soon as he jumped out of the box and thumbed his nose at me. He seems to think he could act wild just because he got to come all the way to "The Wild Wild West'. So I'll start by showing you what all he has gotten into so far.

He immediately pointed out that I have some fake roses on the table in the gazarbor. He said, in his rude little French accent, "FAUX FAUX FAUX"!
    {{gwi:127426}}

Then he tried to heist my turtle out of the bird cage that he has been quite content in. He totally had "French Onion/Turtle Soup" in mind.
    {{gwi:127427}}

Then 'to beat it all', he went bouncing through my roses knocking the petals off and shouting "Yahoo Gardyloo"!!!
    {{gwi:127428}}

Luna also paid a wonderful tribute to 199 Bright Street!
    {{gwi:127429}}

Then considering my new love for mosaic arts, Luna sent me some CHINA to smash with a hammer. This is going to be very hard for me because the pieces are exquisite!!! (Not chipped at all. Maybe Jacque could lend a hand with the smashing part.) Thank you so much Luna! Hugs and Hugs!!
    {{gwi:127430}}

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN....
    Lots more GREAT GARDYLOO!

Donna, that Tenderlee is sure something else. Those are super neat goodies.
    NM, you poor girl, having to stand the suspense till Monday.
    Arrrgggghhhhh. But I know it will be worth it.
    SusieRose....LOL LOL LOL.
    If that french gnome isn't perfect for you, I don't know what is. You two are a match made in heaven. Or on the moon, LOL. Way to go, Luna. Maybe Jacque should reside IN the birdcage, the turtle would be much safer loose than him it seems.
    And your gnome sized birdbath is WONDERFUL. Those plates to smash (accckkkkk) are sooo pretty. Luna is amazing with all she's going thru!

SusieRose, anyway you can get everything in ONE photo for our family album?

hugs and Congratulations to ALL of you.
    Karen

• leveta
    14 years ago

Wow what beautiful plates...I wouldn't have the heart to smash them...

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Vickie, I'm lookin' forward to seeing what the mailman brings you tomorrow!

Joan, I used to have a cool mailman too. Then after several years, he's gone. Ain't been the same service since either. Love all the good stuff you got.

HaHa Donna, I figured that big box would confuse you, but it was the only thing I could fit that birdhouse "condo" into! It was a pleasure finding things for your wall, and I'm so glad you like your gifts!

SusieRose, how smart of you to use the parts off your old watch. It looked so authentic as hardware on that door, that I didn't notice until you told us! And your Gardyloo from Luna ..... WOW .... she knew just what to send! Great pics too.

Lots of people will get their SJJ gifts this week, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's gifts! It's been sooooo fun, giving and receiving, both! ~tenderlee

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

Just left post office, sent my package.FYI! I paid .70 cents to have delivery confirmation.You get a tracking number that in a few days,you can go on the web site and check if you package was delivered..No guessing..
    Joan

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Susie, I was so happy to see you got Jacque, the birdbath and the plates! I remembered your gorgeous bowling ball mosaic and the plates seemed to be just the ticket for another one. Thank YOU for the very cool fungus! I am hoping to start a fairy house project soon so I can use it. Wish I could post a picture but my home computer is dead and I'm at the library right now (with time running out!). Can't wait to get the computer up and running again!

Kathy

• nmgirl
    14 years ago

I had to stay late at work and by the time I was done the PO was closed! I'm going to be there when they open in the morning by golly!

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH....
    my Gardyloo came today from Marlene! Holy Hannah! I can't believe what all she sent! Amazing, Fantastic, PERFECT.
    And, I'm sorry but you'll have to wait another day to see it. But this is a day I'll long remember! I will tell you about something special she included for me. Knowing my love of rocks, she put in two little bags of them. One is from a creek on her property, and there's some limestone rocks too. I will have to be sure I keep these in a special grouping. I have rocks from several states now! But the other bag contained the most precious rock gift....a piece of petrified wood and some real arrowheads that her DADDY dug up many years ago when he was plowing the garden. Oh how I will treasure this very special gift from them. I am deeply touched by it.
    Marlene, I wish I could hug the stuffin' out of you. Your gifts knocked my socks off. Especially the BIG one!
    By the way, you are one heck of a packer!!!

Oh, my own Gardyloo left for the Moon today. It had to go UPS as when I tried to send it Priority, the post office wanted $33. So now it won't get there till Friday. Dang.
    I am sorry it was mailed sooner too. I hope everything arrives safely and "hits the spot".

hugs, Karen

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

WOWSERS! I received Part One of a 4 Part Gift! My person won't reveal his/her name until the last gift arrives. I feel so spoiled and am dying to know who my person is since Carol sent out half of the names. I received a beautiful woodburned bear on a square piece of wood. I love bears and wood...the PERFECT gift!!! It is the COOLEST, and I will post pictures soon! Thank you Gardyloo person, whoever you are! YOU MADE MY DAY! Bear Hugs! Kirk who just finished packing up his Gardyloo gift today! I'll be sending it priority mail tomorrow so it'll reach its destination in plenty of time. Carol is mailing hers tomorrow as well. :o)

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

WOW!!! So many wonderful gifts arriving for everyone...we've been away on vacation, so I'm just catching up on everyone's posts! THIS IS SOOO MUCH FUN!!!

Karen--glad you got your box! And I'm very glad you like them! It was great fun to gather all of those rocks, etc. My daughter even climbed down in the creek for me since I don't do a lot of that since my knee surgery...but she enjoyed it too! She just laughs at all of us, but I can tell she thinks it's great fun!

GARDYLOO!!!

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

WEll, from what I can tell, it seems my package will be arriving Thursday or Friday. :-) Yoppeeee~ !!!!!! Cannot wait. Its been a quick two weeks here for me. Yup. the thermometer reads now in the high 90's from about 10am and on! It's 9am now and it is already 78!
    Ok, so now I've got to watch the MJ Memorial. Nope---not a pathetic fan like you see on TV but you got to marvel at his music/dancing career.
    TTYL
    Love, Jules

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jules... Hmmmmmm... I wonder if you're right about your Summer Junk Jamboree person... Hmmmmm... Well, we mailed Carol's package today and my package. My package was soooooooo heavy! Thank goodness for the Flat Rate box! We mailed our packages by Priority mail. Hopefully, they'll be there this week! :o) Gardyloo! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• katishooked
    14 years ago

I mailed my pkge Mon. Should arrive Wed/Thurs. Backyardmom I really like the flamingo. Also a cute bee for your garden.
    Donna all those iron items are neat and am sure will look good on your fence.
    Susie your little French Gnome sounds like he is a caracter. I think, by looking at the pix, he has made himself at home. What do you plan for the dishes? They are pretty.
    Christmas in July and Gardylooooooooo. Such fun to see all the treasures

Kat

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Here's my most amazing Gardyloo from Marlene in Virginia. Check out that fancy gilded birdcage. WOW. My jaw hit the floor when I unwrapped that one. And she had packed it full of the smaller things. The tin heart wall pocket is adorable. I love the birds, especially the tiny robin pair. Marlene didn't know, but I have a little collection of similar bird pairs in a curio. This is so perfect for me! The 4 arrowheads and petrified wood came from her Daddy who plowed them up long ago. I only took a picture of two of the larger rocks, but there are a bunch of every size. Even some tiny ones for my fairies! They came from a creek in her backyard, and her daughter went down and got them for me. The little bark birdhouse is very cute, and I'll have to find a safe place for it on my patio out front.
    {{gwi:127431}}
    THANK YOU, Marlene! Wooooo Hooooo
    hugs, Karen

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

I'm putting our Gardyloo photos in our GJ family album. For those of you with dial-up and download slowness, it might be easier for you to see them. I will add as they are posted so the album stays current.
    The Gardyloo stuff starts on pg 3 by the way.
    Here's the album link to our album. And if anyone has photos to share, please send to me. We like seeing what each other looks like in our family!
    sangareeKS at aol.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: our GJ Family Album

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

beautiful gifts!!!!
    Thanks for going to the task of making the album!

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Karen- Great album!!!! But,,,,,YO CINDEE, would you please send Karen a better picture????? My brain has recorded you as the witch with green skin. Everytime I read your posts, I always say, "What a witch"! LOL ;) I've got to change that visual recording. Girl, get your colors done and change makeups!!!!! Green is out Hon. Then have DH take you a new picture. ****smooch****just funnin' on Folgers******

Here is a link that might be useful: Black or white

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

The UPS truck pulled in this morning and I got a box from katishooked in TN! Oh boy! Here's a pic of the "whole stash!" ... knick knacks of all sorts (a cow, pitchers, bear, deer, parrott, duck, dogs, kitty..just check out this pic!) Plus a couple of tin water "pitchers" decorated so cute. I don't do those wonderful fairy gardens or gnome things...but I will find a place for lots of these critters! Luv 'em! That wooden bench holding the knickknacks is made of clothespins! Imagine that!

{{gwi:127432}}

But my very FAVORITES are pictured below! katishooked, you sure nailed my taste! A wonderful "fairy house" made by someone...has "logs" for siding & a woodpile out front! And I added the "little bear" from the knickknacks...he fits perfectly! (Don't drool, Kirkus!) And beside the "Love Shack" is a pottery pc. painted torquoise with viney handles & such. Luv it, also! It may go in my computer room here ... where my Southwestern ego abides! (remember next life hereafter, I'm living in N.M.!) Enjoy! Jeanne S. (Ahhh, this is so much fun! I can't wait til my Gardyloo GJer friend receives pkg!)

{{gwi:127433}}

katishooked...sorry the cute bonnet ceramic candleholders didn't make it...broke up quite abit & a few of knick knacks took a hit...chips & such...but, overall, I'd say your package came thru just fine! The Gardyloo Gnome photo is cute & your card! Thanks again!

• chelcass
    14 years ago

Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy, I got two packages today and they were filled with all kinds of wonderful goodies. I got a beautiful cup and saucer, A tea pot, a clear glass thingy I am going to make a suncatcher out of, plastic spoons to make flowers with, a water bubble, scrabble tiles, Mardi Gras beads,a vine wreath, a wood spindle, a faucet cap, a do-it-yourself stained glass piece, a Birdhouse, two little flower pots, a dish decorated in mardi Gras beads, a wooden flower spinner and a little cup thingy with roses
    on it. Thank you Donna, I love everything. My mind is already working on what to make with all these goodies.

Now if i could just figure out how to post a picture.............:(

Hugs, ChelCass

• cindee11461
    14 years ago

LOL Susiewantsroses! I might get another picture someday.. I hate pictures(-:
    You guys are getting some great stuff! I swear to get to the PO with my package tomorrow. I am so slow. I just haven't gone anywhere...guess I better fire up the ol' broomstick and get going!!!!(-:

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Jeanne, I'm sorry the bonnets didn't make it. I have had them forever and decided to pass them on in hoping someone (you) could use them. I'm glad you like your treasures. It is hard sometimes to guess what a person will enjoy. Although all of us here love everything we make, so it isn't that difficult.

Susie I hope you don't mind that I sent your Gardyloo Gnome pic along with Jeanne's pkg. I hated to not share the cute little guy.

Kat

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Chelcas, if you can email the photo to me, I'll put in our album and post it for you. Your Gardyloo sounds great too.

Jeanne, NICE haul. My favorites are same yours, tho I do love that little clothespin bench. Way cute idea. You might have to take a photo of it all by itself for me to see better.

That gnome SusieRose found for us is wonderful. I am trying to talk myself into tracing him on wood and making one.

GREEN Cindee, you definitely need a new photo of you and your DH in the album. LOL. Tho this one did make quite an impression!

hugs, Karen

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Katishooked- Gardyloo Gnome Guy can certainly be sent to a garden Junker. He is in safe hands!!! He can even travel on if desired.

• xmascarolmarie
    14 years ago

Thank you Akup-a! I am so spoiled by you! I received the most adorable birdhouse from Texas! The pictures don't do it justice. It is made with a Texas license plate for the roof and the sweetest adornments and beautiful colors. I can't wait to have Kirk place it in our garden. I love my Summer Junk Jamboree treasure! As you can see, our son loves it too! Gardyloo! Carol, the real corker (That was akup-a's hint about me in another post. I love it!) :o)

{{gwi:127434}}

{{gwi:127435}}

{{gwi:127436}}

{{gwi:127437}}

{{gwi:127438}}

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Gardyloo! I'll follow Carol's post with my post. I don't know who my Summer Junk Jamboree person is yet. They are so sneaky, sending 4 separate presents at intervals, revealing his/her name with the last package. I LOVE THE SUSPENSE! Here is my first gift, a wood-burned bear in a bear paw on a piece of wood. Now, if you know me, you know I love bears and anything made from wood! THIS IS THE PERFECT GIFT! Thank you Gardyloo person, whoever you are! I LOVE IT! Bear Hugs and Gardyloo! Kirk

{{gwi:127439}}

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Carol, that TX birdhouse is just delightful. Love all the embellishments. What a nice surprise you got!
    Kirk, when you get all your gifts take a photo of them together for our family album That bear woodburning is fantastic, and so YOU. Perfect and beautiful gift.

I was wondering...to help those folks with slow downloads, should you start a Part Two to this thread for the next batch of pictures posted?

hugs, Karen

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good idea, Karen! I'll start a second post right now. :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Bumping this post up to keep it near part 2!!

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bumping this up too. :o)

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bump back up... :o)

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Bumping this up ... to go with the 2nd post! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH