Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Farmers Market pics !

toomuchglass
14 years ago

It's been a long , beautiful day at the farmers market - I finally remembered my camera. The first picture is of the booth .... All my "Solar Babies" were on display ,so were my "Wallflowers" ( plates )

{{gwi:127445}}

The next pic is of my display of "Window Jewelry" ..small blown glass & Crystal to hang in your window ( can you say Rainbows ?? )

{{gwi:127446}}

The last pic is of the booth next to me . It was garden paradise .... all kinds of plants - dirt cheap. ( LOL -- sorry - pun ) Everytime I'd sell something - I'd run over there and buy something !! LOL Easy come - easy go I guess~~

{{gwi:127447}}

I Had a great time and even sold alot ! ( Including 2 teacup bird feeders ) I'm going every Thursday from now on ..... Ahhh - nothing better than fresh air , socializing and spending money ! LOL

Comments (13)

• luvs2click
    14 years ago

Lookin' good! Don't you love farmer's markets?! I especially like your window jewelry - something different. That is what catches people's eye. Glad you did good. I did a FM last Sat. with my perennial starts - $1.00 a pot. They sold really well, I made $249 in 4 hrs! Still have around 100 left - I'll probably go back next Sat. as I have the garden fair this Sat. (I can't sell the starts there as it is held at a garden center and they don't want competition). I sure enjoy selling and socializing at FM also! And such a deal for only $10 a spot.
    Arlene

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ours is $15 a spot . Well worth it ! All this time I thought "Farmers market " meant meat,veggies,flowers...
    I was surprised to see they accepted crafters. There is about 20 booths now - should double by August.

* high 5'ing you ! " *smile*

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Where is the farmer's market? Maybe when I have off on a Thursday I'll have to check it out. I love your window "bling!"

I know the one in Cathedral Square in downtown Milwaukee always has crafters. I never noticed any crafters at the one in West Allis though. And I am ashamed to admit I have never been to the South Shore market.

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This one is in Burlington , Kathy .It's so easy to get to ...take Hwy 36 south ( Loomis road )I catch it at 76th and Rawson -- follow 36 ... all the way to downtown Burlington . It's on State street & Jefferson . If you want to come - I'll give you more detailed instructions . I'll bring chairs for you ,too ! I'll be the official runner for food ,too ! :) Lemme know :

CLevandoski@wi.rr.com

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Beautiful display & work you do!! Looks like a great place to sell at, very park-like!! Glad you did well & they are nice plants in the next booth too!! No wonder you couldn't resist!! Just a little more garden bling!! Jna

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Glad you did so well! That always makes one smile, doesn't it? Love all of your window bling and other stuff too! Thanks for sharing with us!

• leveta
    14 years ago

Well I'm glad you did well...But what are solar babies?? I loved the pic's. The weather looked just right...

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Love FMrkts! DH & I are doing it regularly this summer (our 2nd yr)...they go 6 mos. here...Sat. am's...but we don't do them all...if it's cold & raining, uhh-uhh! Lots of work loading & unloading...but a fun time! I'm working on some more "barnwood blooms" ... both of these sold 2 wks. ago. TFS your pics, 2much! And have fun, both of you, luvs2click & twomuchglass!!! Luv your stuff! Jeanne S.
    {{gwi:127448}}

{{gwi:127449}}

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Thanks, Kathy! Bob has a good friend who lives in Burlington so we go down there every so often. I will have to take off on a Thursday and come visit. I always have a seat when I use my walker (thank God!). Thanks for the sweet offer! Now if you offered to be the chocolate runner, I'd really be indebted! he-he I was so sorry I missed the Chocolate Festival again this year! Drats!

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Hi toomuchglass! I wanted to post last week about your Farmers Market display but was preoccupied with my own preparations. I love your display! Now, I've got to ask about the Solar Babies? Ok, from what I can see in the picture it looks like solar Malibu Light with stained glass on them? You've got to post a close up photo of those. The window jewelry is GREAT! My MIL makes something similar to those just for herself and friends. AWESOME.
    Well, count your blessings about no wind! And I may have to be that vendor next to you that has all the plants! (except mine would have Planty Tags in them!) :-)
    Have a wonderful day!
    Love, Jules

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Love the window bling and your set up, Kathy. Nice place to spend your day too. It would be great if you two Kathys could hook up at the market. Y'all make pics for us if you do.

Jeanne, loved your pics too. ~tenderlee

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

tenderlee...I'm gonna' hook up with those 2 WI girls one of these days! I'm not too far away...watch out TS, GS's, etc. etc. Luna, we can take turns "sitting" .... wouldn't it just be sweet! Luv your display, toomuch...very pretty! Jeanne S.

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I don't have a closeup of the solar babies ,but they are small solar lights with a cutsie stained glass object on the front ( frogs,flowers,butterflies ,etc ) I coiled a copper wire around the pole of the light and soldered the glass thing to the wire. It can slide on or off really easy . Just a decoration to add a little pizzaz to a cheap light !

PS - the town's biggest and best chocolate lady was supposed to have a booth next to us last week. BUT -- a bad storm came through a day earlier & caved the roof of her store in and ruined everything .

All that wasted chocolate -- WAHHH !!!

Hopefully she'll be back soon.

One more PS - I LOVE those barnwood blooms !

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus