Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kudzukween

Fresh Corn and New Potatoes From My Friend

kudzukween
14 years ago

No crafts, but look at all the photos of tonight's dinner. Marinated pork steaks in Italian dressing cooked on the grill, corn on the cob and new potatoes from friends garden, cooked those potatoes with smoked bacon and green beans, yummy! and got that blackberry cobbler made!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Comments (9)

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Ain't nothing in this world like blackberry cobbler! A childhood favorite of mine! And all the other stuff .... It's smelling good in your house tonight! ~tenderlee

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Looks delicious!!Nothing like food from the grill!! Cobbler looks good too!! Jan

• luvs2click
    14 years ago

Mmmm, now I'm hungry.... I've been picking strawberries - over 50 qt. now and still going. That corn looks good, I'm so ready for fresh corn.

Arlene

• leveta
    14 years ago

Hold on I'm coming to supper...lol

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lol, ya'll wait til the next time we grill! :D
    oh Luvs, I need some strawberries. I love jam for myself, no one else likes them in this house but me and grandson2. A few summers ago a friend went to Florida to visit relatives and came back with gallons and gallons(pints and pints!!) of strawberries. I got Twin to come over, she had some of her grandkids, and her daughter and that grandaughter, and we sat at a table outside hulling those strawberries and the kids were eating them as fast as we cleaned them! LOL it was hilarious! Twin ran and got some Cool Whip for me to eat on mine. We did manage to freeze a few gallons, and that summer I worked my blender half to death making strawberry milk shakes, and I made a lot of strawberry shortcakes..not to mention chocolate covered ones :D

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

I am "Green with Envy"!!!!! Yum Yum

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Mmmmmmmm...my mouth is watering!!

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Great looking food! YUM!

• luvs2click
    14 years ago

Kudz - so far no jam yet - I plan to do that next week. I still have some jam left from last year but can always use more. Besides 2 strawberry pies, 1 strawberry pizza and just pigging out on plain strawberries, I have frozen the rest of them to use year round in our breakfast drink we do every day. I've been hungry for blackberries all day now. (grin)
    Arlene