Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Need some prayers ...

luna_llena_feliz
14 years ago

My Bob hasn't been feeling well. He has an old house he let run down and the city is on him for code violations. This was last year in the spring before he went into the hospital. Of course, being hospitalized and then recuperating all summer and fall, he was unable to do anything about the violations. And then fall and winter set in and no one would be able to work on it.

The city fined him for not getting the work done and then took him to court. He finally hired someone to do the work but they aren't very good and don't know how to complete some of the repairs. So he has been working on some of it himself.

This weekend he has been feeling horrible. His neck and shoulders hurt which I figured was from over-doing it last week. But this evening I looked at his one foot and it is all red. He hurt his one toe and it looks infected. I begged him to let me take him to the hospital but he didn't want to go tonight. I'm just sick with worry.

I am not a good caregiver. My mother nearly drove me nuts (I am talking literally) when I was attempting to take care of her. I am having flashbacks to those horrific years dealing with her and her not listening or seeking help for her health problems. I was unable to do anything about it except sit idly by.

Can I get a few prayers for Bob? I know it is so easy for someone with diabetes to get foot infections. My grandmother ended up having her foot cut off because of it. I plan to drag him to the doctor tomorrow but in the mean time, we sure could use some prayers.

Love you folks,

Kathy

Comments (13)

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way, luna and Bob. Thank you, luna, for loving and taking care of Bob's needs (as you did with your Mother...one can only do so much). Bless you, luna. Jeanne S.

• debby_md_z7
    14 years ago

luna anbd bob
    prayes are
    on the
    way
    debby

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Yes get him to Dr. in morning!! An infected toe is very serious stuff!! He could lose a leg if he messes around!!He has to bet it checked out & probably take antibodics to clear the infection after it's cleaned out by dr. The shoulder & neck stuff would probably be helped by warm, not hot(never hot for diabetic)heating pad on the neck & shoulders as soon as he gets finished working. That is what I do & it keeps me from couple of days of pain. About 10-20 minutes. If you don't have a heating pad you can wet couple of thick washcloths, place inside ziploc bag & microwave for 1 min. & wrap in towel thick enough so it isn't real hot, just quite warm. Diabetics don't feel the heat like rest of us so more likely to burn themselves so Luna, you have to gauge how hot is too hot for him. His fingers & feet can't take much heat & no heat ever with infection(Except a boil) Get him in in morning unless you see streaks going up his leg, they would be reddish & could mean blood poisoning setting in.That would require surgery. Do you see how dangerous it is to wait? Hugs & prayers that you get it taken care of soon!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Sending prayers for Bob, and I am so sorry to hear all this piled on both of you after the time you had last summer.
    As for you not being a good caregiver, I have trouble believing that...the first part of that is CARE and you certainly do that wonderfully. You do your best, Kathy, that's all you can do.

hugs, Karen

• leveta
    14 years ago

By all means...

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Luna, If his foot is throbbing that is a very serious sign! Hopefully you are getting him to dr. today!! Hope it turns out well. Bob, why let it go so you can suffer longer???? Let us know what is happening! Hugs & prayers, Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Thinking about you and Bob! I hope you can get him to go to the doctor today! It sounds like it is definitely something he needs to get taken care of....too bad we're not closer...we could help with some repairs! But, we can sure pray...no matter how far away we are!

• use2bcapecodr
    14 years ago

Geez, Kathy...you two have certainly been getting more than your share!!

For sure...get Bob to the doctor!! An infection could cause serious problems if not taken care of properly!!

I'm sure Bob is discouraged...what with having one problem after another the way he has. He must address this latest problem though!

God bless you both and help you through this most recent crisis!!

And...as far as you not being a good caregiver? Baloney!!
    Bob is lucky to have you worrying about him and pushing him to get medical treatment!!

~Sandy~

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Hope there is some Medical help in place today. Have had you on my heart. Praying for blood flow, oxygen, circulation, and healing. Bless you Bob.

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I dragged Bob to the doctor's this morning. The doctor took one look at Bob's foot and told us to go to the hospital. He told his nurse to "reserve a room at the inn" for Bob. That is where Bob is now. He had a big blister on the bottom of his foot that was infected that I didn't even know about. I was worried about a sore on the top of his one toe.

Right now he is resting comfortably and getting pumped full of antibiotics. Keep the prayers coming, he could really use them!

Love,
    Kathy

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Poor Bob, I'm sure the hospital is last place he wants to be again. But they will get him back on his feet, literally, and soon I hope. Try to get some rest yourself.
    Prayers continuing.

hugs, Karen

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

My prayers go out for Bob and of course you as his caring angel. The planets are supposed to be line and visable so that must be s good sign from Heaven Luna Llena Feliz,
    "Happy Full Moon" or Moon filled with Happiness.

May the Lord be with you and Bob during this time

God Bless

Sylvia
    Nanagrandma

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

So glad you got Bob in to dr. I was really concerned. My nephew was 15 & hurt himself working on car & ended up having 2 fingers removed because the poisoning had gone up his arm, he had throbbing & red streaks. So Bob is where he is getting treatment he needs. When he gets home he needs to change his socks daily with clean cotton nonbinding (not tight at top) socks. Diabetics have to be so careful of their feet. Check his shoes for any rough spots inside & might get a pair of foot cushions, not the cheap ones but the rubber on bottom veleur(like velvet) on top. Nothing in gel as it causes my feet to have more problems. They slip into shoes & are very easy to wash by hand. They give lot of comfort & might help easy backaches too. Dr. Scholl's are excellent & about $12-14 but worth it. I have 3 pairs & so have them in different shoes. I put a pair of the $1.99 ones over these(so expensive ones don't wear out so fast) & so far they are about 3 yrs old & still good. My feet are tender & these make walking comfortable. So hope this helps, if he doesn't wear socks then the cheap insoles need washing by hand often or replacing to keep shoes sanitary. Ask dr. if he should use any powders, don't know about that for diabetics. More prayers & so glad he listened to you, Luna!! Jan

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!