Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanagrandma_gw

HIpHoping Grandma

nanagrandma
13 years ago

OK I have to lose weight, I refuse to buy bigger clothes, LOL

SOOOO since I tried walking at the mall and all that did was empty my pocketbook, tried walking on our rural road but I can trip really easy and I already have two knee replacements, don't want a new hip

I have decided to do something I have wanted to do all my life, take Private Dance Lessons, Hurray!!! Just me and my teacher. Ms. Judy has her work cut out for her, tomorrow is my very first lesson!!!!! Ms. Judy told me she knows what type of lesson she will give me, I said "How about HIP HOP" of course she looked at me kinda funny but wouldn't that be great to have a dance recital and have my grandkids come to see me for a change, ROFL imagining that SIGHT! Wish me luck that I don't bruise, break and/or throw my body out of whack, he he

Sylvia/NanaGrandma

PS Linda(lindasewandsew) inspired me with her Mud Run at Camp Pendleton, thanks Linda

This photo made me look at myself objectively, of course, Champ and my Umbrella Tree don't mind!

{{gwi:127469}}

Comments (11)

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Syliva, you are adorable just the way you are! But a hiphoppin' grandma is a cool idea. lol! Have lots of fun with your dance lessons and keep us updated!

• nonacook
    13 years ago

I need to lose some weight too, and dancing seems a nice way to do that! Great idea!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Great idea for losing weight & fun too. I have 2 left feet so they would give up on me very quickly!! It was OK tho. DH had 2 left feet too. Your hubby may want to take you out on the town after you learn a few steps!! Always nice to learn something new. Go for it! Nice pic too! All 3 of you look healthy, dog, tree & especially you!! Keep us posted!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

You look wonderful, Sylvia. Its so great to see you again!
    And good for you, wanting to lose weight and taking dance lessons. Even if it is Hip Hop. LOL. You go, Girl !!

I can't exercise, and no willpower to diet, so I'm resigned to being overweight I guess. What's that sign...?
    "I'se not fat, I'se just fluffy", has a sheep on it. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Great picture Sylvia! You look terrific, but I can certainly understand your wish to lose weight...need to lose lots, but haven't had the motivation to do so. Dancing should be a fun way to work up a sweat for sure....enjoy!!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

You look as cute as a button. I sure wish I could channel some of your determination and energy. I'm bigger than ever and this heat makes me feel like a big ole, something, I'm just not sure what. All those stars on "Dancin with the Stars" always lose a lot of weight, so I'll bet you'll do good and have a blast.
    Frou

• nanagrandma
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank You for your encouraging words, I had my first lesson today, Ms. Judy says we will start with ballet so I learned how to plie, sitting, standing and on the Barre, lot of stretching, so she warned me to use hot and cold paks, aye chihuahua!!!! It was fun Ms. Judy is a sweetheart we talked more than we plied, LOL. I say go for it but that is what I am saying today, let's see what I say when I wake up tomorrow morning and can't move!!!
    Just in case you were wondering, no I didn't have to wear a TuTu, hehe, what a sight that would be?????

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

What a commitment !! You look so sweet --- and you also look like you'd have a ball doing stuff like that !!!
    We have a lady at the senior center that is 90 years old - and teaches line dancing !!! I guess we're never too old to learn . I might have to check out the program again --
    - I'm tired of being a couch potato ...

:)

• nanagrandma
    Original Author
    13 years ago

If a 90 year old can do it, I must not give up just cause I hurt, ouch.
    Try it TooMuchGlass, I know that at our senior center they have movement classes that you do sitting on chair and work your upper body!
    I am also going to try and find TaiChai classes I think I am spelling it right. Anybody know anything about TaiChai?

• hostarhodo
    13 years ago

Love the I'se Just Fluffy. Sounds like most of us are in the same boat, overweight and senior. Like all your creations, got my first bowling ball the other day, have the Silicone II and the pennies, just need the courage to start.

Nana I salute you and your courage to start dance classes, good luck. I am sure everyone here will cheer you on.

Maybe we could start our own weightloss group on here. I am retired, 61 and overweight and very short, and that's my story.

My daughter just loss 90 + lbs this last 2 yrs. If I had been smart I would have gone along with her. Walked around the track while my grandchildren were playing ball, but my driveway and the road are hilly and a killer.

How about it? Encouragement is all we need.

Betty

• nanagrandma
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Definitely, good idea to lose weight and encourage each other, my daughters MIL joined a forum called Sparks, she has lost 72 lbs in 12 months, WOW. I too like the I'se Just Fluffy, LOL. Did you see Lindasewandsew do the Mud Run pics, and she looks so good, seeing those photos encouraged me to do something. Being a diabetic on insulin makes it even harder to lose weight, but moving is the key!
    Thank You for your cheer section! Can't wait to see your Penney bowling ball!!

Nanagrandma/Sylvia

Nanagrandma