Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

on my Craigs List

Purplemoon
14 years ago

Ok, so I know I'm often complaining there is never neat FREE stuff on my Craigslist. Tons of moving boxes, dirt, gravel, and just no neat GJ stuff being given away. I check every night and see same kind of stuff listed. Well tonight I saw something different. LOL. I'm guessing one of you could probably make a grand planter with it. LOL.

"UNCLE SEYMOUR IS NO MORE, DECIDED TO CREMATE HIM INSTEAD. USED CASKET, A LITTLE BIT SMELLY BUT SPRAY SOME FEBREEZE AND IT'S LIKE NEW"

hugs, Karen

Comments (14)

• chelcass
    14 years ago

Oh wow that would be great for halloween! lol

• akup_a
    14 years ago

That's hilarious! I hope they get offers for it.
    Vickie

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

LOLOLLOLOL. Chelcass immediately had it recycled. Love it. I use to tell my Hubs to put me in a (biodegradeable) refrigerator box when I die. Then I decided that I could avoid the worm feast composting if I got turned into ashes. Those ashes could go in my rose garden. VOILA, "Susieisroses"! : )

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

OMG....how FUNNY is that!!! I needed a good laugh this afternoon!!

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

I love people like that - with a great sense of humor.
    That was great!

• katishooked
    14 years ago

OMG hilarious

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Susie, your ashes would probably kill the roses, at least my GF put her DH around 4 of them & they all died! Can't you just see the lovely trailing plants,wave petunias would be great flowing out of that coffin!!Might be a real conversation piece & attract all kinds of attention-wanted & maybe not so wanted(cops), or you could make a water feature in it, bet fish would love it!! Hot as Phoenix is might want to use it for a pool!! Jan

• ncshabbybeach
    14 years ago

Oh the pool idea is a hoot!!! I would like to save it for later when our time comes, My Dh and I have discussed it and we decided that which ever of us goes first will be dusted and tucked under the others arm so we can be together....LOL This could be temporarily used in the garden maybe for storage of shovels, hoes, rakes and such stand it on end ya know (, the plots are paid for....Now all we need is a somewhere to store the other one until.....Oh, I have plenty of vases (Currently Totems) to use for my dust...LOL I particularly like the Cobalt need to be sure and Let him know! Hmmmmm LOL

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

A planter ? OMG --- Lillies !!!

Don't mind me - I haven't had coffee yet and my mind just made me wander over to this post!

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Jan- I have consumed enough sugar in my life to suspect that my ashes will be just like the crumbs at the bottom of a box of Lucky Charms Sugar Puffs. So it will be my luck that the ants will end up eating my ashes. LOLOL

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jan, the pool might be a good idea. Its 115 this week and we're under excessive heat warnings. (Gee, imagine that...July on Phoenix. Duh!)

I'm thinking it would make a really neat pond. But I'd need a heck of a lot of family support to bring a casket home. Somehow I don't see that happening. LOL.
    This would probably just push them all over the edge.

hugs, Karen

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Karen, Just call the people up & tell them "guy that needs it can't come & get it, he's dead!" do you deliver??? That should shake them up!! OK, I had college friend that's dad made coffins!(It was a happy home to visit, I stayed there over Thanksgiving!) Then I dated a guy that worked at a funeral home,that didn't last, he was way too morbid for me!! Back to coffin, just think how "restful" a bunch of fish in it would be with some nice water lilies floating on top, deep enough that cats wouldn't be eating all the fish!! Make a great home for them!! Jan

• cindee11461
    14 years ago

What happened with the casket? That would be a hoot to have in the garden! I love the idea that ncshabbybeach has too. (-:

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

How weird is that? That is too funny. A little too morbid for my tastes but it would make a great conversation piece. lol

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida