Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

almost as speechless as SusieRose LOL

Purplemoon
14 years ago

Weeks ago, one of our newer GJ members showed us all some pictures of GJ stuff she had stashed and was sorting out.

I commented on the little washboards and what looked like a little box of horses. Well she went and emailed me privately and asked if I'd like to have them! I was thrilled, and told her to let me know what shipping was and I'd send her a check right away. She flat refused!!

Today I got the box and boy was it FULL of surprises! She'd kept "adding things" she said. The little horses turned out to be carousel ornaments, which are Perfect since I collect them and have a small table-top Xmas tree I put them on. I have a few rustic items on my back patio, and the mini washboard will look so cute with them. (hard to find that kind of stuff here except in antique mall. $$$$).

But she added two lovely amber glass pieces (remembering my comment I had trouble finding amber here). Then a wonderful garden gnome, and a tiny red watering can to go with him, plus a cute frog pot hugger. There was the most gorgeous seashell. And she slipped in a lovely, Patriotic CD. I just couldn't believe my eyes. What a kind, generous, sweet lady.

Thank you from the heart, shabbybeach.

hugs, Karen

Comments (13)

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

What a nice surprise!! Lots of goodies for you to enjoy, inside & out!!Jan

• leveta
    14 years ago

How sweet is that...

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

How very, very nice!

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here are my sweet gifts from Carrie. The carousel horse ornaments are carved from wood and handpainted. Very unique for my collection.
    She just told me about that patriotic CD, which unfortunately I forgot to put in the photo. It has two songs on it, written by her sister!!! And on the CD, the songs are sung by both of them. They've been singing together since they were little girls. WOW. They recorded this to benefit the victims of the 9-11 Tragedy, Their Dad served two tours in Vietnam and they have strong feelings about our soldiers who defend our honor. Carrie and her sister produced this, "Fly Our Flag for Me" with all the proceeds to go to the 9-11 victims fund. Isn't this amazing of these gals? I am doubly touched to have one of these.
    {{gwi:127499}}
    hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

purplemoon...couldn't have gone to a more worthy, GJer friend..All that you do with the GJ Inspiration Album & all the positive postings you share with everyone on the GJ site! You are very much appreciated, purplemoon...and shabby beach figured this out quickly! Very, very nice, shabbybeach...TFS your gifts and TFS pics, purplemoon! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Darn it, Jeanne, now you made me cry! Happy tears tho. I am so touched by your words. In all honesty, I am sure I get a lot more out of this Forum family than I could ever put into it. So many of you have touched my life deeply.

hugs, Karen

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Karen,

Collection??????? That scrub board has a purpose!!!! Rubbin' and scrubbin' and scuffin' knuckles. LOLOLOL
    {{gwi:127500}}

Seriously, Karen you are an amazing and cherished part of "us folk-es" (Southern term). Your albums remind us that collectively we are pretty darned talented.

So glad to hear that there is still a lot of true US pride and loyalty Shabbybeach. We need you desparately to keep us singing on key. I will have to email you and purchase the CD.

Having a 'warm fuzzy' moment.

Susie

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

SusieRose, don't you go "Southern-ing" me. LOL. I was born in Alabama.
    And my little scrub board has a good purpose, just being "purty". LOL.

hugs, Karen

• cait1
    14 years ago

How WoNDERFUL!!! OK, I'm coveting the gnome... BAD CAIT! BAD!

That was very sweet of Carrie, and as the others said, Karen, you are deserving!!

Carrie, I'm so happy you found us! Always great to add one more to the fold!

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Karen, I was born in Alabama too. Both sets of my Grandparents never traveled much further than Spruce Pine Mountain Alabama (affectionately known as Frog Pond) their entire lives. What the heck are you doing out in the dessert and what am I doing out in 105 degree horse country???

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Air Force sent us here when I was 14. I loved being in the West and surrounded by horses. Got my 1st one soon as we got here, LOL. I was a bit spoiled, still am, thanks to a great Dad. I was born in Florence, which is practically in TN. Dad always told folks we were Yankees since we were from NORTH Ala. All my relatives were in Florence, but only one Aunt left living now. Actually I was raised mostly in Ohio, thanks to the Air Force again. Dad got three tours there, 12 yrs. Now I've been here 48 yrs.
    You should hear my accent, LOL. Southern drawl with fast Yankee talk, and then some cowboy thrown in. Actually may be a good thing you CAN'T hear it. A good friend use to tell me I sounded like Mae West. I was horrified.
    I'm a mess aren't I?

hugs, Karen

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Yep girl, I lived in Florence and my first child was born there. All of my relatives (those who are alive) live in North AL (Florence, Russellville, Muscle Shoals, Decator, ect.) There are no real tomatoes outside of North Alabama!!! They also have a white BBQ sauce that is killer! I'm homesick. I think I will try and find that BBQ sauce on my buddy Google. Now my stomach is squalling and wishing for some fried green tomatoes and okra fried in bacon grease, pinto beans full of bacon grease, cornbread with hot bacon grease poured in it, and homemade icecream with.....naw just kiddin. Remember I did say I have a lot of relatives who took their bacon grease and went on to be with the Lord.

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

Everyone is so right about you,
    when I made my first Totems you blew me away by putting them in the Inspiration Album,
    gave me so much confidence to make my GJ Garden grow.
    By the way is there not a Florence in Arizona. My mom and dad grew up in Superior next door mining towns?
    Florences probably direct opposite of each other, right?
    'Bama being green and Ariz desert!

Never seizes to amaze me where our conversations take us!

Nanagrandma

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County