Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindasewandsew

Pottery Place

lindasewandsew
13 years ago

I went to Pottery Manufacturing in Gardena, CA, (photos in the link below). They have every kind of pot you can imagine inside, and a load of pots outside in a large 'seconds' area. All the animal pots outside the day I went were 4/$10.00. Fun! Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Pottery Store

Comments (11)

• nonacook
    13 years ago

I would have probably gone on a wild spending spree if I had been there-4 for $10.00!
    I saw that you had company with you on the trip. Riding the hedgehog and the chicken must have been fun.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Now, why don't we have anything like that in VA? What a cool place!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Wonderful place to visit. We don't have anything like that here either - not in all New England I think. Thanks for showing - I may have to visit there if I'm ever near by even tho I couldn't take anything home.

Oh well I will console myself with the idea that I would go nuts and buy a bunch and they wouldn't relate to eachother in any way except that I like them and I'd have a wild unconnected look -actually that would fit in with how my home and garden are now. (I have a friend/neighbor who is planting only pink flowers in her small yard. I can't imagine having that kind of restraint.)
    Kathy

• desertrat1
    13 years ago

Linda,
    What is the address or corner that it is on? I used to live in Hawthorne which is right next to Gardena. It would only take me about 1.5- 2 hours to get there (from here now)but I'd KNOW how to get there...hummm. Do they make them all there? Are they sturdy like the ones made in Germany or Italy? I'm thinking the ones I find at Target---absolutely LOVE those one because they are so sturdy and last a very long time!
    Love, Jules
    PS: I want to see your photos. But everytime I try to view on photobucket it TAKES LIKE FOREVER!

• lindasewandsew
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jules, It's right next to the 110 fwy between the 91 and 405. Here's their website. There's a nursery nearby on Western that's worth a look when you go. It's called Sunflower Farms. I'll post their photos on another thread later. Let me know when you're going and I may be able to meet you there. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Pottery Manufacturing

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

sewandsew...WOW...I am overwhelmed with envy! Would love to have a place like that nearby...beautiful! Looks like JT's cuz' enjoyed it, too! Hope you took home some good bargains to go with the beautiful ones you find & paint! TFS! Jeanne S. ps...I could see pics on PBkt just fine!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

That's a great place!! There are a couple of places in
    Valley. Sig's at 17825 Devonshire St. Northridge is all pottery I think.

Calabasus Nursery that has a gift shop & some really nice stuff off Ventura Freeway going toward Thousand Oaks if it is still in business. Haven't been out that way for awhile. Maybe they have a website! Jan

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Okay, if I jump in the car, take the ferry to Vancouver...drive straight down the I-5...I could be ther in 24hrs(not stopping but for gas and coffee...) buy Everything(would have to take my utility trailer)...get back home, hide it all from hubby...I would only get caught by hubby when the credit card bill came in!!!! ha! I gotta watch it tho...hubby is a pscych nurse...he might have me committed...heh heh! Okay, now to wipe the drool off the keyboard....reminds me of a real undignified homer simpson move....lol!

• lindasewandsew
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Calamity, That's too funny. Better to get hubby to bring you to Los Angeles, or better yet, Orange County, then make a side trip. Since you'll save loads of money by having two come for the price of one, you'll have nearly unlimited bucks to drop at the pottery joint, lol.

Here's the link for Sig's Pottery. I haven't been there yet. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Sig's Pottery

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I would have loved 4 of the animal pots to mosaic! *sigh* Alas, there is nothing like that here. I really do need to make a trip to California!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Thanks Linda, I'm going to have to go to Sig's! From street looks like just pots & fountains I think! Gone by so many times but never stopped.Jan

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?