Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Part 2: Official Summer Junk Jamboree PICTURE Post

kirkus
14 years ago

Karen came up with a great idea to start a second picture post for our Summer Junk Jamboree gifts. (I remember when I had dial-up, and posts with lots of pictures took forever to download.) GREAT IDEA, KAREN! So, if you post a picture of your GARDYLOO gifts after July 8th, post them here. :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

Comments (82)

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Luna, I am so glad things made the trip. I wasn't sure the sun-moon plaque would, but figured it would make a great mosaic. LOL. That is really neat about your Dad's tiger figurine and your turtle pin. WOW.
    Wish I could have sent you a new computer!!! Need to win the lottery, LOL.
    By the way, I took a photo of the stuff (minus all the little "bits and pieces" for you to play with). Let me know if you'd like me to post it for you. Tho I sure hope you are back online soon. I know its driving you crazy not having your computer and getting to see all the great photos and chat with everyone.

Hugs to you and Bob. Let us know asap how you two are holding up.
    Karen

• leveta
    14 years ago

I got my SJJ gift just while ago...CINDEE from CA Thank You...I never expected such wonderful things...
    {{gwi:127537}}
    {{gwi:127538}}
    {{gwi:127539}}

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Leveta, that bottle bug is a riot. Way cute. And I see you got a sweet little fairy and a garden troll. Have fun adding stuff to your garden.

hugs, Karen

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

Awesome stuff - I can't wait to get mine !

• leveta
    14 years ago

The little fairy will prob. sit upon top a stick totem...Norman(garden troll) not sure where he will go yet...He has the cutest face...I really like those orange bliny clip on things...I never seen those before. My stone will go into my flower bed, and the word stones not sure yet, but will keep them safe till I do know and of course my BOTTLEBUG...Hisn't he the cutest thing...It's made from a flower vase. A couple weeks ago I saw a couple small white ones and wondered if they could be make into bugs...And NOW I got one...The Lord is good...

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

WOW lots of baubles!

• cindee11461
    14 years ago

Leveta,

Yay I am so glad you got your gifts Leveta!!! I know it was late but I had some issues going on and I was really trying to hurry!!!(-; I am soooooooooo glad they all arrived in one piece! You never know how things will end up!!!!!!
    I did drill holes in the bug to hold his wings/antenna/hanger and feet and then used epoxy to glue them in so I was hoping it would hold up! I was not sure!!!

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Karen, go ahead and post it. I'm not sure when I'll be back online (I'm at the library right now). Thanks!

• leveta
    14 years ago

OH Cindee I love it all!!! Thank you very much...I even posted a pic on another junk site I visit so everyone could see the goodies...l0l

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Ok, here is a pic of my treasures from Sylvia/Nanagrandma
    Thank you Sylvia. Isn't the flower plate totally perfect?
    She also sent a nice note explaining that the bottles are for mini buggs and the little batteries are for eyes!
    kathy

{{gwi:127540}}

• leveta
    14 years ago

Love the flower it's so pretty...Can't wait to see the babie bugs...You got some great little bottles...

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

That flower plate is gorgeous. And itty bitty bottle bugs...too cute. That's super she included the "eyes" for them too. I can't wait to see what you create.

Here's the main stuff I sent Luna (sure wish she had her computer, not fair for her with all else she's going thru).
    The wood house is for her decorate with a bunch of fairy stuff I sent. Also some mosaic things. I didn't photograph the little stuff I loaded in the box. Just these things.

{{gwi:127541}}

hugs, Karen

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

GARDYLOO ARRIVED on Monday all the way from New Mexico(NMGirl)my namesake Sylvia. Oh so many goodies, including an egg hatching birds that looks like the one I used on my very first totem. Angel and ornament that I will put on my healing tree, and the cutest tops for my totems also a birdhouse and more. I will take photo tomorrow and post for you all to see. Sorry didn't post sooner this has been a very busy week for me all kinds of happening.
    Thank You Thank You Kirk and Carol for doing all this work you are both angels here on earth!

Nanagrandma/Sylvia

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

NMGirl/Sylvia
    I am so happy that flower plate arrived in one piece I was worried it would break. Can't wait to see your mini bottle bugs all done up.

Nanagrandma/Sylvia

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

WOW!!! SO many wonderful gifts everyone is getting! Love the bottle bug Leveta! And the Sun/moon Luna, and the Plate Flower Kathy! And all of the other things that went with them....so many treasures!!!

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

I meant to say that bottle bug that Cindee made for Leveta is very cool. Its a whole new concept to me to use that shape vase.
    kathy

• chelcass
    14 years ago

Sigh! I mailed my packages out 7/8/09 PRIORITY Mail and I have not seen my secret person post they have received their packages. The post office really sucks!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! This is NOT the first time they have done this, guess I better stick with Fed Ex!!!!

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

I Sent a certified letter to Colorado from WI ....it took 9 days to get there .... Unreal .....

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Wow I just got to read more posts for Gardyloo pkges. It's amzing the things we all can greate or collect for our passions. Wonderful items shared by all. The beautiful possible totem, bottle bugs(I still haven't made any, but will some day). We seem to have shared some amazing treasures. It sure has been fun. Thanks Kirk for suggesting this.

Kat

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! 3 more packages of goodies arrived! My Summmer Junk Jamboree person was sooooooo sneaky...not revealing her name until I looked on the bottom of the final gift she sent! Each gift came with a very detailed note and all of the boxes were numbered as to how I should open them. A lot of planning went into these GREAT surprises! Thank you Judy (aka ChelCass)!!!!!! You spoiled me!!!! I LOVE IT ALL! So, here is what I received: the woodburned bear square I posted already, a totem in the box (It came with totem pieces and glue and even a picture of how it could be put together! What a GREAT idea!), a cool COOL bottle, a Ty doll for the kids (They both love it!), and a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL birdhouse with all kinds of doo-dads and gadgets on it made by ChelCass!!!!! IT IS SO ME!!!!!!!! Thank you so VERY much, Judy! I will post a picture of all of the items together later today. WOW! What a day! WHAT FUN! I am really so touched and appreciative of your generosity, Judy! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• chelcass
    14 years ago

WHEW! ! ! I was really worried about packages 2 and 3. I mailed them out priority mail (what a joke) on July 8th and you are just getting them today! I am thrilled that you love all your treasures.

The birdhouse is built to specs. for the Blue Birds. they will nest in it if you put it between 5-8 feet high. My DH Moosehead built the house itself and then I did all the decorating. These are a speciality of mine. I will have to send you a picture of the one I just finished............I would never have been able to afford the postage on it, it is that heavy. lol The woodburned bear is another one of my hobbies. Carol sent me a list of things you would like an I went from there.....

I just love the bottle I sent you. I managed to get two of them so I have one also.

This has been so much fun! I hope we do it every year. I love searching for and finds just the right pieces to send. Even Dh got into the act. He really didn't have to part with the Birdhouse but when I made the latest one he relented..............LOl

Great Big Bear Hugs and Gardyloo

ChelCass (aka Judy)

ps......golly I can't wait for the Christmas exchange..........

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

As promised, here are my treasures from ChelCass! See, I told you she spoiled me! GREAT STUFF! I took one photo of everything together but had to take photos of the sides of the birdhouse as there are so many cool doodads on it. I LOVE EVERYTHING, Judy! Thanks for making my summer extra special! Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:127542}}

{{gwi:127543}}

{{gwi:127544}}

{{gwi:127545}}

{{gwi:127546}}

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bumping up... :o)

• chelcass
    14 years ago

Oh Kirk I forgot to tell you the stars glow in the dark.................. :)

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Toooo coooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Judy, I noticed your state switched from Michigan back to Tennessee on your post! Was that part of your plan so I wouldn't figure out your identity? Well, it worked!!!!! I kept looking for people on the forum from Tennessee, seeing where the packages came from! You're sly! Thanks again! When it cools off here, I'm going to hang up my birdy house! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Thanks, purplemoon for posting the picture! Just so everyone knows, that picture is just the tip of the iceberg of what she sent me. Hopefully this weekend I'll have time to put together a fairy house. Thanks again, Karen!

Hugs,
    Kathy

• chelcass
    14 years ago

Yep! I switched from Tenn to Mich. Actually I am from Michigan and still have a house there. I figured you would try and figure out who from Tenn was your secret partner..............LOL I was suppose to go to Michigan this month but we got flooded out twice here this month so I had to cancel the trip. I was going to take a package with me and mail it from Michigan just to really confuse you! ! ! ! lol

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

More neat treasures....this just keeps getting better!! Love the birdhouse Kirk!!

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

What an artistically junky bird house. Only the coolest of cool bird will want to live there!!!!!!!

Kirk- You are waiting for it to cool off before you put the bird house up????? You know that "cooling off" in your neck of the woods means, a foot of snow. LOLOLOLOL

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Ok y'all! Everyone's Gardyloo looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!I've been reading since I got back late Thursday. Actually it was hard to get on the computer for the first two days because hubby and kids were on it.....Also, I've been trying to recooperate (nasty little coughing spells)...BUT, I've beeen thinking more and more about Kirk's suggestion for succulant gardens in the enameled tins he gave me.......Cleaning my house and my counters (where my Gardyloo is yearning to be used) has been nagging me. I MAY be able to get to that today. And actually I had to get my TS fix yesterday. I foudn a really old and cool colander for another too....(Found some glass too). All's been hard to do with 106 F temps consistently. Nights don't cool down much IN our home. Been taking kids to my Moms for swimming.....
    Ok, I just had to post......I haven't fallen completely off the map. :-)

Love, Jules

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

******* Bumping it up *********

We need more pictures !!!

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

AWESOME GJ!!! Luv the pics! This is just so much fun!

Carol & Kirk ... how are we doing? Is there anyone that needs to receive their SJJ goodies? I would be willing to take another's name...if you need someone. Jeanne S.

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

I'm still waiting ...... I'm dying looking at all the treasures everyone is getting !

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

CINDEE.....I still need a photo showing all the stuff you got in ONE picture for our album. Or have you already starting doing stuff with it?

Kirk, I'd take another name if needed.
    hugs, Karen

• gypsysparrow
    14 years ago

Thanks Deb!
    Here's what I got from Deb

{{gwi:127547}}

thanks, Celina

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

OK, so I'm blaming Kirk for this! :-) As you have seen Kirk was my SJJ Gardyloo dude. He gave me two enamelware bowls that I want to use to make succulant gardens out of )per his suggestion and being inspired by a couple of y'all). So, I haven't decided if I want to drill holes in the bottom of these. In the meantime I found a wonderful collander at the TS and had a yellow enamelware one that my MIL had given me. I took those two an put together succulant dish gardens. Here is a link to them. What do you think?

YES, it is all KIRK'S Fault!!! :-)
    Love, Jules

Here is a link that might be useful: Succulant dish gardens

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

desertrat...you need to post these pics on the discussions side...they are great! I am in awe of the yellow colander garden! That Kirk, he's always getting started on more GJ! Hee Hee! TFS! Jeanne S.

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

I know my partner got the exchange gift from me ..... she posted it was from Wisconsin. It was me . I'm wondering if she liked it or not. Nothing was said. Nmgirl ( Sylvia) did you not like it ?

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Jeanne,
    Okie dokie artie chokie....I'll post over on discussions as well! Now, what do you think? should I drill holes in the enamelware bowls Kirk gave me or not? the two dish gardens I made were not from him but certainly inspired by him.....
    Love, Jules

• luvs2click
    14 years ago

Yep - drill the holes - I do it all the time. All you actually need is a nail and a hammer. I like your collanders planted, but you all know by now that is a passion of mine, the planted bowls. Get some sedums to put in them, some polished rocks for a pathway, a little resin house, a tin fence, etc. Such a conversation piece. People go gaa-gaa over them! Next thing you know, you'll be selling them.

Arlene

Here is a link that might be useful: Some of my planted pans

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

I finally have different parts of my computer working and uploaded the picture I took of the wonderful things that Purplemoon sent me. The picture she posted was only a few things from the treasure chest! I had trouble fitting everything into one picture but I finally did it.

{{gwi:127548}}

Some of the things that weren't present in her photo were the glass squiggles, the glass seashells and all the bits and pieces for outfitting a fairy house. Now if I could just get my butt in gear to make it! lol! I just love it all! Thanks again, Karen!

• leveta
    14 years ago

I love that sun/moom thingy...

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Just bumpin' this up ... AND

lettin' you know that another SJJ box is on the WAY....TODAY... to ??? ...well, someone East of the Mississippi... let us know when you get the package.

Happy "belated" Gardyloo! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

And, I'll let it out that there is another SJJ box heading out of Virginia this week too....heading toward.....hmmmmm....you'll just have to wait! A girl can't give up all of her secrets!

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

Well - it won't hurt to cross my fingers !!!

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

I got a SJJ Box ! Thank you Gypsysparrow ! Here's a picture : (my printer makes a great "Stage" .. )

{{gwi:127549}}

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Just bumpin' this up ... so that SJJ recipients will still post when they receive their pkgs...looks like one left from here in Iowa & another from Virginia last week! Marlene & I are excited to be "substitute" SJJ senders! Gardyloo, everyone! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Toomuchglass, I love the leaf thingy and those candleholders look like glass flowers in the making. And I like that tile, the broken plate and pretty little frames too! I can't wait to see what the substitute gift givers have in store for their recipients! You ladies are the best for filling in!

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi everyone! We've been on vacation but hope by now everyone has received a gift or substitute gift for the Summer Junk Jamboree. If you haven't received a gift, let us know. :o) We loved seeing what everyone received and hearing everyone's joy! Carol and I were sure tickled with the gifts we received. GARDYLOO & Bear Hugs! Kirk

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH