Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
desertrat1

What I've been busy with...

desertrat1
13 years ago

Just wanted to let you all know: I've set up an ETSY Shop! Since I gave my "resonable assurance" letter to the school letting them know I wasn't coming back next school year (youngest graduated out of there and it really wasn't worth it for 7 1/2 hours a week) I decided to look elsewhere. I only put in one application with Lowes (for gardening customer service associate). It would have been great, but they were looking at other applicants! After getting some great advice from my MIL I decided to delve into ETSY. So, I started with a few vintage items, and I'm now in the process of making some new plant tags. I also got into making some jewelry as well. (I think I love that the most)...I've already made one sale.SO....

Here's the link to my shop there.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Love, Jules

Here is a link that might be useful: Holey Gwackamoley's Shop!

Comments (23)

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Went to your Etsy site to see---
    The things you have there should sell quickly!
    The egg basket especially!

• desertrat1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Nona. Yeah, I've only had that on there about a week and I've already had over 25 views. Thanks for your encouragement! The jewelry bug had got me. I have a few pieces that I need to finish and then I'll list them there.
    Love, Jules

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Hope you do well! Nice things to start off! Love the vintage basket! Jan

• desertrat1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Jan for letting me know. Feedback is always good. Yeah, I was up LATE posting the jewelry.
    Love, Jules

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

Great stuff -----------------AND ------- I love your name !! LOLL

• desertrat1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, gwackamoley was a desperation screen name for soemthing somewhere a few years ago. SO, there I made that my sign in name. then when I though of a shop name Holey Gwackamoley! came up! IT's so odd and rememberable I thought, what the heck...so there you have it.
    Thank---you guys are fueling the fire.....Now if I could just get the picture right for a windchime I made last night....
    Love, Jules

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

You go Jules! I added your site to my favorites on Etsy. Love to see what you girls are up to! Smickerdoodle is on there too. You've got some great stuff there....good luck with your new venture!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Congrats and good luck! I always thought it'd be fun to make crafts and then sell them so I wouldnt' have to worry about where to put them at home. lol! And one can wear just so much jewelry (I've dabbled in beading too). I will have to keep an eye on your Etsy store. I love your name too!

• desertrat1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Marlene and Kathy!

Yep, it is a leap of faith. And like hubby said you cannot know unless you try....

I've been slowly learning things about it--revamping policies and learning about different sections...photography, packaging and all! Thanks for the encouragement...Now if I coudl JUST make some Planty Tags that would be great!

Love, Jules

• desertrat1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok, update---I finally got some Knick Knack Planty Tags up for sale at my Etsy Shop! Take a looksie over there! I'll have more-bit by bit...
    Love all your encouragement!
    Love, Jules

Here is a link that might be useful: Holey Gwackamoley! Etsy Shop

• caroleena
    13 years ago

i browsed your shop. really cute stuff. i do some occasional ebay selling but mostly scrapbooking stuff and weird computer parts my son wants to list. the plant tags are simple yet so cute!

• desertrat1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Caroleena! YEah, I've done a few things on ebay too--just stuff. But ETSY is my creative side rearing to go! I just listed a couple more vintage items on there today. I have some jewelry in mind and I'm set up for more tags. Just got to be in the mood and not have interruptions. Wish I had my own craft room but for now it's the kitchen counter!
    Hope your Sunday has been a good one.
    Love, Jules

• desertrat1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok, ok, so I bit the bullet. I linked my Etsy Shop to FB! So, any of you there on FB can see it when you access my page.
    Hope y'all are having a great Friday!
    Love, Jules

• desertrat1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just wanted to update y'all. I got my 2nd sale on Etsy today. One of my Knick Knack Planty Tags. It was so exciting. I just want it to thrive. Ok, got to sign some school dogs.
    TTYL
    Love, Jules

• desertrat1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I MEANT to say "school docs".
    love, Jules

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Congratulations! I love Etsy. I will put you in my favorites (I'm Deckie there)
    Kathy

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Great news about another sale...hope you consider doing something with your wonderful photography, too! Jeanne S.

• tasymo
    13 years ago

You've got some really neat stuff, Jules. I'm curious how well stuff sells on Etsy. I may give it a try!

• desertrat1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kathy, I tried looking up your name and didn't come back with anything. Is Deckie your shop name? I'll be fixing mine so that my signin screen name is my shop name and just not part of it. What do you sell on there?

Jeanne! Oh yeah! I may have to delve into the photography as well. I see a lot of people who have photography. My cousin Amy is painting and has hers listed in her shop there. Hummmm, now where can I find MORE time for the photography??

Tasymo (another Kathy!), Well, I'm not sure. I guess it depends. You need to learn as you go for sure. Read tutorials-take some leave some. You definietly learn about a lot!

SO, I got another sale last night! I won't say who or what because it's a surprise. I think it's a great purchase especially since they've been looking for awhile! :-)

Thanks so much for all the encouragement! Ok, got to make things happen today.
    TTYL
    Love, Jules

Here is a link that might be useful: Amy's ImpastoArt

• kirkus
    13 years ago

You gotta check out Jules' Etsy site! I've been looking for a hot air popper for my family for quite awhile. Bought one in mint condition from her! It's perfect! My family is sooo excited! We're watching a family movie tonight with fresh popped popcorn! Takes me back to younger days. Thank you, Jules, for the fast, friendly transaction! Good luck with future sales! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• desertrat1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You are just too nice! LOVE doing this kind of business.
    Love, Jules

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Jules, I found you on Facebook and sent you a friend invitation! You have some very pretty lampwork beads ... but I got all excited when I saw that cute bunny! Well that is until I realized she was only a model for a jewelry set. lol! Your signs are really cute!

• desertrat1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kathy,
    The lampwork beads are on the favorites (someone elses site) but I did buy some and made jewelry out of them. Yep, the bunny was a model. I got her a couple easters ago at Joannes. She was the centerpeice of a tiered square plate decoration with sod (yes, grass) and the bunny surrounded by easter egg candies....I thought she'd stand out in a photo and grab someones attention.
    Thanks so much!
    Love, Jules