Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Prayers please

Marlene Kindred
12 years ago

Hello all~

I would like to ask for prayers for my family this week as we go today to make funeral arrangements for my FIL today. He has been ill for some time and has become much worse in the last few days. My SIL was married on Saturday and he was able to be at the ceremony for a short while. She had it in the gardens at his assisted living facility so he could be there. This is especially hard for my DH since this is the first time they've lost a family member. I know there are many of you who have been through this and know how much the support of others means. I appreciate the friendship and support of this group of friends....it makes the hard times easier to handle. Thanks!

Comments (16)

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Dear Marlene,

I am so sorry! I will keep you, your DH and his family in my thoughts and prayers. So thankful your FIL was able to see his daughter get married. God Bless you all.

Hugs, Judy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

What a blessing for your FIL to be at the wedding for a bit...& what compassion from your SIL to have the wedding at his assisted living gardens. Yes, this is one of the hardest moments thru our journey of life...will certainly keep your DH & family in good thought & prayer.
    Hugs to you, Marlene. Jeanne S.

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Marlene...I am so sorry to hear about your FIL. My thoughts and prayers are certainly coming your way.

Marylee

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

What a wonderful memory he will leave for being able to be at the wedding. I hope that comforts the family in the future. I am truly sorry for the loss your DH especially is facing.

{{gwi:127451}}

hugs, Karen

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Glad the wedding was where FIL could enjoy it & see his daughter married. Wonderful memories for the family to hang onto in the future. Hope this hard day went as well as it could. I've been there & know how painful it is. Hugs & prayers that FIL can pass quickly & not linger in pain. Hugs & prayers, Jan

• a.girl.named.max
    12 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts....we're still just waiting. My FIL is worse today and everyone has said their goodbyes. Made all of the arrangements yesterday...now just the waiting which is the hardest part for us.

• kirkus
    12 years ago

We're praying for you all. Hang in there. Praying...praying...praying... Bear Hugs With Love, Kirk, Carol and family

• nanagrandma
    12 years ago

PRAYING for your dear family at the loss of your FIL. But what a blessing to be able to be with his daughter on her special day. God Bless you All.
    Sylvia
    Nana/grandma

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Praying for your family. So sorry to hear of your sadness.
    Linda

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    12 years ago

John's dad passed away this morning. We're doing okay since his suffering is over and he is in the presence of God. Thanks again for all of your support.

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Marlene, I am so sorry to hear about John's father! It was so wonderful that he was able to be at his daughter's wedding though. I'm sure the family will enjoy looking at the pictures or videos and seeing him again. It was very sweet of her to have it at the assisted living facility so she could share that special day with her dad. I will keep your family in my prayers that your grief is short lived and that your fond memories of him last a life time.

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

I'm glad John's dad's suffering is over but know it will be hard on family since you mentioned they hadn't "lost anyone before" I hope they will continue to keep him in conversations & memories as it is worse when people act like they have "disappeared" he will always be in your memories & pictures & grandpa & dad so embrace that. Hugs & prayers that next few days aren't too hard for you! Jan

• kylslil1
    12 years ago

Marlene,

I am praying for you guys and your family. One of the things I always found so difficult when I have lost someone is my own human memory....so I will pray for you and your family the same thing I pray for myself during loss. I pray that your memory and the memory of all those involved will be sharpened like never before. That you would always remember all the good things that were shared, that you will still be able to hear the laughter, and that you wont need pictures to recall his face....that it will always remain fresh in yalls mind, and never fade.

Grace and hugs,

erin

• kirkus
    12 years ago

We're praying for John, you and the family. I am so sorry for your loss. Bear Hugs! Kirk

• nonacook
    12 years ago

Just seeing this today...
    I send my condolences to your family.
    May the angels watch over those left behind.
    This forum has always been a wonderful and helpful support group, and it does make it easier!