Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
treasureforu

where is the housing project?

treasureforu
14 years ago

Hi All,

I have been so busy this summer and I am hardly ever getting over to the message boards. I hope everyone is having a great summer.

I was wondeirng did the housing project that toomuchglass was doing ever get posted? I wanted to see the final results.

Thanks

Mindy

Comments (10)

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

Here's the photobucket sight with pictures of the houses so far . They're just awesome ! I started putting them out ... but I saw the squirrels were checking them out
    ( and not in a nice way either ) I might have to go to a plan B . Right now - I Have them going all the way around my dining room - on a plate rack - it really looks nice ! If the squirrels don't behave - I might have to have an "indoor city" . In or out - the houses are just the coolest thing EVER !

Here is a link that might be useful: house album

• nonacook
    14 years ago

My computer was down, and I didn't get to do this.
    BUT--It makes me SAD--You sent out 25 forms and you only have 14 of them back.
    I love the one you have recieved tho', and I know you do too!

BAD SQUIRRELS!!!! LOL

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

I'm disappointed ,too . Actually - I only got back 10 -- 4 of those in the album are mine. A know a couple are still on the way. I'm glad DH isn't the type to say "I told you so " ... because he did tell me this would happen. *sigh*

• chelcass
    14 years ago

That really sucks! The people who have the cutouts and are not going to do them should send them back so you can send them to someone else. I know I wouldn't mind doing another one.

ChelCass

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Mayor Toomuch, I am so sorry the project hit a snag too.
    You got some wonderful houses, and made some just as wonderful. I like the idea of them on the plate rack, LOL.
    Just so they are safe from weather, squirrels, whatever.

hugs, Karen

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Sounds like human nature to me. I like my Yay to be Yay and my Nay to be Nay so I think LOOOONG and hard about doing things.I know I was way too busy to think about it and felt bad that I didnt take one but I sure admire those who did.I wondered if some were so intimidated by the great job everyone else did that they may havejust given up.
    Or as in church and other volunteer situation you always get tons of "Ill helps" til it comes right down to it and only a handful show up. Still others have had deaths,sickness or other bad luck and just haven't gotten to them.Im sure they meant well. And Ill bet youll have a few stragglers,have you sent reminders?

• treasureforu
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Toomuchglass! Did you not get my house? I mailed it to you several months ago. It was a school house but I don't see it in your pics. I even told you that I was sending it. Not sure what to think but very upset if you never got it!
    Let me know what is up.

My husband kept asking if you liked it. I just shrugged and said I guess so. It was kind of simple but still cute. It had a bell and dog.

I wonder if anyone else's house disappeared.

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

I did get the house . I thought for sure I posted the sad news about it - the PO delivered it in a plastic bag - the envelope was torn open and the house was in pieces. They just put a sticker on it -- "Damaged in transit" ... I was sooooooooooooooo mad & disappointed at the same time.
    For everyone else - I wrote to treasureforu and promised I'm going to try and make something to hide the missing part.... I'll think of something .

&%#@*^*&$ post office ........gggrrrr....

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Some say:

"A day late and a dollar short!"

But I prefer:

"Better late than never!"

If you're able GJers, "get 'er done!" (I prefer that one, too!) LOL! Great project, toomuchglass! TFS it with us! Jeanne S.

• treasureforu
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Toomuchglass,
    Please don't worry about trying to fix the house or anything. I was upset with the post office not you. You might have tried to contact me about it and I could have missed it. That part is no big deal at all. I just was upset that you might think I had not done it and mailed it to you. As long as you know that I didn't just drop the project, things are fine. I still think your project was awesome and I am glad you asked for help. I do wish some of the other houses would get returned even if they are slow coming in. I totally understand how sometimes you can start a project with good intentions and then have life get in the way.
    Anyway, you and I are fine.

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery