Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daisydal

I miss my GJ family

daisydal
14 years ago

I have missed you all so much and have not got a chance to catch up on everyone here. WOW!! You all have been very busy this summer! Sorry I have checked out for so long, personal, business and family problems just seemed to hit all at once and it was a little more than I could handle. Karen told me to pop over a while back, (she is my guardian angel, I swear,who has stood by me through all of my tribulations, thank you Karen!!)anyway, she said to check out my birthday greetings from you all-Thank You So Much!! Just coming over and reading posts for awhile made me realize how much goodness, love and caring this ole world still has with wonderful people like yall. Hopefully, I will find out where and who I am soon and get to catch up on everything and maybe get back in the groove with all of you here in the GJ family. I love and miss you all, and from what I have read so far, Susiewantsroses has kept you all in stitches, maybe I should just pay her to come and Dr. me!!??LOL!! Thanks, tenderlee and Ms. Susiesunshine and all of you who sent me an e-mail-Thanks for caring, you are wonderful people, dont let this family fall apart.

You are all .......

blessings-sherri

Comments (14)

• leveta
    14 years ago

Oh Daisydal good to hear from you...MAY God lift your spirit to soar like a hawk in the sky...hugssss

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

So glad to hear from you again Daisydal!! I hope that your spirits will continue to be lifted and we will certainly continue to remember you in our prayers and thoughts!

BIG HUG!!

Marlene

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Yea, daisydal! I was so happy to see this post! Welcome back...even for just a "once-in-a-while!" We miss your humor & postings. Take good care of yourself...will keep you in thought & prayer ... and remember,

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."

Jeanne S.

• cindee11461
    14 years ago

Glad to hear you are o.k. Its hard to keep in touch when things are going on at home. Hang in there!!!!

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Sherri, I am SO glad you posted and let our GJ family know how you are doing. Or not, for the time being. Things WILL get better. You just hang in there, Girl.

luv 'n hugs,
    Karen

• cait1
    14 years ago

I was also AWOL haha yes, it's always fantastic to return 'HOME'!
    When things get tough, I try to keep in mind something my mother told me a long time ago: God never gives you more than you can handle.

God Bless!!
    Cait

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Daisychild- You have been missed!!!!

Life has just freaked me out. I've got a 31 yr old daughter that has kept our family tore up for uhhhhhh, at least 31 yrs. If she is not showing her fanny (we all got into fannies while you've been gone), then it's some other blame thang electricuting my nervous system. That is why I have chosen to go insane. It's calmer here. There are no expectations and no rules. You just dont worry. Crazy? Yeah, crazy like Christ. He told us to not even worry about our clothes, or what we are going to eat. So I stopped doing the laundry and stopped cooking. LOL (not) Anyway, He suggested living one day at a time and dont worry about tomorrow. I said, "Like vacation"? He said, 'A vacation from worry' (when you hear voices you know you've arrived). So here I is, sitting on a swing by the pond ever flippen day!!! You know something? I've quit making that daffy duck noise so it must be working.

"LIFE SUCKS, AND THEN YOU GET A TRAFFIC TICKET". Dont expect anymore than that and you will be delighted when things do go well. That is just how it goes. So choose to find the humor in the manure. It's in there, but ya gotta dig. (I just grossed myself out!)

Years ago I went to Hawaii. Every gathering that we attended was playing this song. I put this one in my soul but sometimes I backslide. But sometimes,,, I dont.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dont Worry, Be Happy!!!

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Hope all you GJers listen to SusieRose....she's one tough cookie when it comes to fighting back with humor. I'm trying to learn from her too. You'd never know this gal has had a hard time the way she keeps US going! And if she's crazy, then I want to grow up and be just like her!

A lot of the gang here has been having some pretty rough times, and probably more than we know. For ALL of you....
    {{gwi:126832}}

hugs, Karen

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Hi Daiseydal, missed hearing from you!! Hope things improve soon!!Hugs & prayers for you & your family! Jan

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Hope the sailing is smoother now, and that you will begin to find time for your GJ hobby and GJ family again, because we've been missing you! Take care sweetie daisydal! Drop by the forum when you can. Hugs ~tenderlee

• akup_a
    14 years ago

Prayers that you find peace & comfort.
    Vickie

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

H O W D Y ~ ~ ~ Ms DaisyDal ~ ~ ~
    sorry I'm later writing back to you...

Just to say... We ~ ALL ~ understand ~ Mostly
    what you have been going through....

Don't be a stranger... Drop in everytime...and ANYTIME ~
    just to
    let everyone know... You are still ~ HANGING IN THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are a strong bunch of PEOPLE ~
    TOGETHER>>>> with eachother and PRAYERS & God ! ! !

we are ~ ALL GOING TO MAKE IT THRU ~ These
    hard and difficult... and very trying times !!!!!

Life is not always pretty ~
    But.....
    when you make it through the ROCKY Times...
    then
    when your friend and neighbors have ROCKY times...
    then when you
    * * *ENCOURAGE * * * them... it = HELP and
    that's the
    ole......... PLAY IT FORWARD>>>>> Pass it on ...etc!!!

so thanks for sharing...
    Thanks for letting us PRAY with you & For YOU !!!!

Thanks for being a WONDERFUL ~ Mother & wife...
    and
    Thanks for
    Being My Wonderful Christian Sister & Prayer Partner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ADORE YOU ! ! !

God Bless !
    SusieSunshine

*** REMEMBER.... TAKE CARE OF ((((((((((YOU)))))))))))))))
    HALT....
    Don't Get to
    H hungry
    A angry
    L lonley
    T tired

Drink Water... Talk to Friends & God & Rest ! ! !
    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Well Daisy girl, I do not know what the peticulars are of what has happened.

I have been so low before that I had to start the "Thank You God For..." routine. And things were so bad that I prayed like this:

"Thank you God that I can breath even if I have bad breath.
    " " " " " have toe nails instead of bloody stumps.
    " " " " " have indoor plumbing"....

You get the picture. Then I would get a 3rd world refugee camp picture and say: "Thank you God that my belly button is still an "inie and not an outie" because of hunger distintion.

You can leave a prayer session like that feeling overwhelmingly greatful and fully confident that God has blessed you with mighty tools to survive.

"THIS TOO, SHALL PASS". (My 12 hour labor and delivery testimony)

"EVERY LITTLE THING IS GONNA BE ALRIGHT" (My Bob Marley quote)

And then there is little Connie Talbot who helps me a lot. Check out this attached song.

Here is a link that might be useful: Smile

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Wow that Connie Talbert is one talented girl! I started listening to her songs and had to stop myself (supposed to be working actually, lol).
    Glad you are back Daisy.
    Susierose, I think I may know how you feel. I've just about had it with my dfosterd who is 30 also. I'm told she's been difficult since birth too, tho I didn't meet her until she was 14. I'm about at the end of my rope. Hoping that my upcoming vacation will help. I'm anxious about what she will do while we are gone, but at least she's no longer living in our house and I got the key back!
    kathy