Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shameless Bragging!

Posted by marlene_2008 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 12 at 13:19

Hi all~

I don't know about all of you, but it has been SO HOT here in Virginia that we can barely breath. Haven't done much in the way of creating garden junk either, but I do have some big news to share! My daughter is having her first published book released tomorrow (The Immortal), so if any of you like young adult fantasy or have children or grandchildren who do, please give her book a try. Even though she's my daughter, I have to say that it is a very good story and there are seven in the series. She has been writing since she was eight years old and has written 18 novels to date. So, if you have a chance, please check out her website and her book on amazon.com. Her website is ehkindred.com

See...I told you it was shameless bragging! We are VERY proud of her!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shameless Bragging!

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 8, 12 at 7:26

Nothing wrong with shameless bragging when comes to our kids!!! I will look this book up!!

o

Good for her!! Teens need good books to read! Out here some folks in L.A. are building little libraries out of packing crate or wood or something similar. Some are about 4 ft. long 15-18 in tall & probably 15 in thick so they can put all their good quality books they no longer want in there & sign says something like:"Take a book- leave a book tomorrow" All on a casual basis, nobody keeping records but seems to be working. Have kids books & adult but most said"no dirty" books, self-help, diet, mystery,sci-fi, young folks books. Mostly it's for those old enough to come & pick out book for themselves. A young woman has been running a library in a building for kids in low income area in L.A. so kids can walk to it(all books donated)(don't know how that 1 works but quite sure you sign books out & bring it back when finished) Books are so much better than computer if you are wanting to go back & check something you read & I find them much more comforting than trying to find "page" I was on,I did it on a sample book that was available & never could get past 1st few pages(were supposed to see whole 1st chapter). When doing research in college I wanted to look a book over, how much did it have on subject, was it written like a magazine article with general info for public or was it all the facts on the subject etc. I hope books never disappear as they are "good friends" for many of us. Hope your daughter does well with her book! Jan

o

Went to the website and watched the trailer.
Books sound very interesting.
Wish you had posted this sooner, so my DD could
have gotten a poster--Maybe she could have promoted
it in some way because she works for a local tv
station. SOMETIMES on a slow news day she can mention
something like that.
Will send her this website to look at anyway.
You are right to be proud! She is good!

I can brag too!
To see my DD's short movie google
'Payoff' by Auriette Lindsey
She entered and won the money to make this movie.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here