Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Pretty flower pix

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

Here is my front yard this week. A funny thing happened this week, I answered the phone and this lady says, "You don't know me, but I live two streets behind you and I was driving by your house and I want to know what that giant white bush is in your yard". She went on to say that she had stopped at night and took one of the blossoms and how it was so beautiful. I was a little stunned at first, but she was real nice and it sounds like something my mother would have done. I told her it was a Pee Gee Hydranga and it loves the sun, it blooms for over a month each summer. I guess she got my number out of the phone book, they still do an address listing here with your name and number.

Frou

{{gwi:127591}}

{{gwi:127592}}

Comments (10)

• desertrat1
    13 years ago

What a great compliment! I guess with sooo many blooms you can;t get mad at her....since there was sooooo many. Sharing one won't make it less full! :-) I've got to look into that sort of hydrangea. I dabbled in and got one one year (2 yrs ago) and it's ok. It gets so scorched from the sun and heat. I do baby it as much as possible. It's a pink, hardy one. It doens't freeze completely so it has made it two winters IN the ground here. It faces east though.
    Thanks for sharing your photos and story!!!
    Love, Jules

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Beautiful!! All of your flowers and shrubs look great and your yard is so manicured....looks very inviting!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Love it!! I would stop & look too(but not take- though I might knock on your door & ask what it is!)or drive by few times until someone was out that I could ask. If I get it in my head that something is just the perfect color or plant I really do want to know & asking at a nursery around here often gets a shrug, Besides your house is very inviting looking & I think the other colored flowers kind of bring out the beauty of the white flowers. That color of brick makes the flowers stand out also. Thanks for showing! Jan

• luvs2click
    13 years ago

Gorgeous! But nervy to take one w/o asking first! I sometimes wonder where people get all their nerve cause I sure don't have any. The whole setting is just beautiful.
    Arlene

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Your hydrangea sure is a beauty! I can see why the woman just had to know what it was. Kind of creepy that she snuck a blossom though. lol Your whole front yard is gorgeous.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

frou...very, very beautiful gardens! Yes, your hydrangea is GORGEOUS! TFS! Jeanne S.

• hostarhodo
    13 years ago

Very nice setting. Mine is an old hydrangea tree, waiting for it to finish opening so I can experiment with the blooms. A friend's daughter is getting married next July so I am looking at what blooms this year that she could use, if she wants??? A co-worker used some a few years ago for her wedding and a neighbor gets some every year to make wreaths for Christmas.

My mom used to say if someone gives you a plant, it would grow better if you do not say thanks, even better if you steal it. She was a jokester. But my friend and I always say you know what I mean and we don't say it. A fun remembrance.

I can sympathize with the lady who took your flower, it was just sitting there in all its glory. And gardeners are always the first to share. At least she did call and tell on herself. Do any of you travel with a showel in your car, just in case. Must be like junksters with trucks.

In Fun, Betty

• nonacook
    13 years ago

My tree got 'scared to death' being hit by a van that knocked the fence down and ran over it, then by hurricane Ivan with limbs on top, and by hur. Dennis with limbs down too. It has never bloomed since! Seems to be a healthy bush but no blooms!
    Yours is beautiful!!!!!
    Like the story....

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

WOW I've never seen a plant like that in my area. VERY PRETTY and your yard is gorgeous. I have also heard the saying that you should NEVER thank someone for giving you a plant! I've also heard the saying that if someone asks you for a start of your plant and you refuse your plant will never be as beautiful again! Pretty nervy to sneak a flower, I'd say her inner voice convinced her to fess-up!
    Linda

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

LOVELY! I REALLY LIE the black basket thingy!!!! I have 2 kinds of hydreangeas but they are sorta sad/pathetic things under my care...I'm gonna have to put some garden junk beside them to bling them up!