Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jitterbug4756

Careful what you wish for

jitterbug4756
14 years ago

Last two months have been very busy time at work, with the Festival of Flowers and then the Festival of Discovery..which is actually a BBQ festival, no science and we've been booked solid at the Inn.I haven't had time to really get in the garden, too dark most times when I get home and right now the maneater mosqitos are doing regular drivebys or work on any projects.The last two weeks I've been a little crabby and have exclaimed to co-workers several times, Man I'm ready for some time off work , Gosh I'm ready for vacation.. well you see where I'm going. Ironically, in two weeks I'd planned on taking a week when my stepdaughter & granddaughter come to visit from Arkansas.Friday the owner called an all employee meeting to tell us this coming Sunday will be our last day, they are having to close the Inn for lack of business. BAM One week & No Job.Right now SC has one of the highest unemployement rates and ..YAY..Greenwoods is the highest in the state.Maxeys company hasn't had any houses to build since Easter and he's only able to pick up an odd job here and there.I'm 53 & chunky, so forget Applebees, Outback or any of those restaurants, they only hire young college kids. They can't tell you that, but next time you go out to eat, check out the servers.no one in their thirtys there.I'll be eligable for unemployement, but even tho I have a Service Manager title, It;s just a server with bossing rights, so not much income there to collect UE from. they dont count tips, just what your paycheck says.....SO..On the upside, I'll have some time off to spend w/ grandbaby & step...and time to get out & get creative and finish some of these projects up I have plotted out!! And fall craft fair time is coming up,I think we'll target the ones WAY out of town where some people still have money to spend...thanks for letting me be a whiney butt..sometimes ya just have to let it out...Judy

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio