Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Met a Garden Junk Buddy today!!

Marlene Kindred
14 years ago

Hi All~

Like some of you, I have developed an "IRL" friendship (in real life) with one of our Garden Junkers...Big_Deck. We actually got to meet in person today. He and his wife came down to Virginia to visit family, and we were lucky enough to have them come to our house for a visit as well! It was SOOOO great to finally see him in person! See...this forum is a great big family!! Thought I'd share our visit with you guys too!

Brian and Me

{{gwi:127619}}

John, Marlene, Brian and Holly

{{gwi:127620}}

Comments (14)

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Isnt it great?
    I had a Plant swap with my Florida Garden Forum buddies.
    First we toured my gardens.
    I did a talk on worm composting as some had expressed interest.
    We had great food(lots of homegrown t-maters) and swapped
    tons of plants with each other.
    Also gardenjunk was swapped and some knew my passion and brought me tiles ,seashells etc!
    OH and best of all.
    Met the wonderful people we talk with on the garden web!
    If Y'all haven't met a web-ber in person Try it!!!!
    {{gwi:127621}}

My friend small fern checking out my cotton.
    {{gwi:127622}}
    Ill take this!

{{gwi:127623}}
    explaining worms in my garage
    {{gwi:127624}}
    {{gwi:127625}}
    Don't forget the food!No worms in it LOL!
    {{gwi:127626}}

Everyone of those were Garden web-bers from the Florida Forum isnt that awesome. id love to meet some garden Junkers too. Wouldnt that be a fun SWAP?!!!

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Marlene, Glad you got to meet Brian & Holly!! Love all the flowers & balls along the side of your yard. Wow! Goldenpond, lot of Fla. forum folks close to you! Jan

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

I love it when us Junkers get to meet in real life. I know the 4 of you had a wonderful visit.

Big D, that is pretty lady you have there! Good to see Holly finally.

Lucky you, Golden, getting such a big group together. I sure wish we could do that from this Forum.

hugs, Karen

• nonacook
    14 years ago

It is nice to meet people from Garden web!
    I met with the Indiana garden forum people at plant
    swaps (Indianapolis-about 50 miles from Mansfield)for a couple of years.
    Also with folks from the Alabama garden forum, in Mobile (50 miles
    from home). Several people from the junk forum came to Mansfield (Our
    cabin and the Covered Bridge Festival) and Avon too.
    I am too far from most of the Florida (my state)
    gatherings-LOL. Vero Beach is at least 500 miles from me.

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

yes Nona I did have some from Orlando and WPB!.
    You and I could have a ball if you lived closer!

• nmgirl
    14 years ago

How fun!

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Marlene, That is so great!!!! Is that "Mrs. No" with Big Deck Brian?

Fantastic Golden!!!!! Is there a worm composting forum where you share info??????

• akup_a
    14 years ago

Marlene & Brian, I'm so glad you got to meet in person. I'm hoping to get the Texas bunch together soon, when I get back from Colorado.
    vickie

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes, Susie...that is Mrs. No with Brian in the picture of the four of us. It was really great to meet them in person!

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

The worm composting forum is Vermiculture

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Tanya- I use to have a refrigerator, in a laying possision, buried in my back yard (Alabama). It was full of worms and soil for friends and family who fished but I did not know that it could produce compost (way back then, age 18). I went to an abandoned barn (Grandparents) and dug the dirt off of the barn floor to grow my flowers in. I had a gold mine and didn't know it.

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

It is awesome for getting rid of kitchen scraps,newspaper etc!

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Can I ask HOW we got from me meeting Big_D to how to grow worms??? Seems a little out of place here......just wondering.

• big_deck
    14 years ago

Yep, that was Mrs. No and I would guess that Sister Marlene can tell you as well why I call her that. I also suppose that everyone's spouse will be a little less concerned about the 'affair' that Marlene and I have and have been having :-)

I just wish we could have stayed longer and that it had not been so (*$&(# hot.

She and hubby honey have some really neat stuff - and they have a very nice daughter as well in case anyone has a son/grandson that wants their own "Oscar". Does that give her name away!