Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Update on Bob, Me & the Computer

luna_llena_feliz
14 years ago

I am so bummed out because I can't see any of the GJ pictures that everyone is posting here at work. We can't be trusted to look at anything online. I can't read my personal email either. I think I'll stop at the library tonight so I can check out some of the posts here. It sucks because they only give you an hour. :^(

Bob should be coming home tomorrow. He has spent the last week and a half at a rehab facility (aka nursing home) so they can change his dressing and the wound vac (suction machine) attached to his missing toes. He will still have a wound vac on at home but a visiting nurse will come in a few times a week to change his dressing and clean the machine.

Bob is talking about driving around with this thing attached to him. I might have to conk him on the head to get him to stay home and take it easy. Wish me luck.

I am close to my wit's end between his shenanigans, his house, the dead computer and my own health. They keep the temperature here at work at 50 degrees and it wreaks havoc with my fibromyalgia. By the end of the day, I just want to crawl into bed and die. I have complained repeatedly to no avail. If I thought it would do any good, I'd hire an attorney to sue them.

I have no idea what happened to my home computer. It hasn't been working right for a while now and it finally croaked a few weeks ago. It looks like I will have to reformat the hard drive and reinstall everything. Not something I look forward to. Hopefully I can do it this weekend.

I really miss you guys and seeing all the wonderful things you have made!

Thanks for all your prayers. They really mean a lot to me and I'm convinced y'all have helped me get through all this with my sanity relatively intact.

Hugs,

Kathy

Comments (10)

• leveta
    14 years ago

I'm sorry to hear your sadness...But I'm convinced that after the valley's there is a peak. I'll be praying for your peak will be coming soon....

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Glad to hear from you Luna~

And I'm glad that Bob will be able to come home soon! I'll continue to keep you two in my prayers and wish you the best in the upcoming days ahead!

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Well, of all times to be without your computer .... when it rains it pours, I guess. Any chance of buying a used one? Sometimes you can get a really good deal cheaper than trying to fix an old one.

Take care of yourself, Kathy. There's only so much you can do for someone else. You must do for yourself. I worry about you and hope things will be going much smoother soon.

Hope Bob behaves and continues to improve. As Mike Myers says ..... "Oh, behave!" LOL ~hugs ~ tenderlee

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

WHere do work ?? It's 50 degrees ? I'll fill in for you during a hot flash ! LOL

I guess the saying is right - when it rains , it pours.
    BUT -- all that rain guarantees sunshine in the future.
    Give Bob a gentle bop on the head for me and tell him NOT TO BE A TYPICAL MAN ... and do what the wife and doc says .
    LOL

You are both in my thoughts .... ((((( HUGS ))))))

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Kathy, I am so glad you posted an update. I've been anxious to hear about Bob and couldn't email you with the fool computer problems. I'm so sorry you are being hit from every direction with stuff. And honestly don't know how you've kept your sanity. Plus stress is the worst thing in the world for Fibro, so am sure its kicking your butt on top of everything else. Wish you could work somewhere else, that place sounds awful.

Please try to take of yourself, lots of prayers coming.
    Meanwhile, sit back and have a Caffe Mocha Vodka Valium Latte. That'll make you feel better fast. LOL.

hugs and hope you get some good stuff soon,
    Karen

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Have you tried the peel and stick pain patches that heat up? If your pain is localized you could keep that area warm. I use to wear one on my lower back and would be sweating in that area. They are thermal and heat up when you open the pouch and expose them to air. If your pain is in your intire body you could try a heating pad in your office chair.

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

toomuchglass, I am praying for hot flashes to start! lol! They sure would come in handy around here. In fact, some of the women who will complain they are hot here at work are probably having them.

Susie, I have gloves with the fingers cut out and a big shawl at work that I wear. I keep debating whether I should bring a hat to wear too. I just feel stupid wearing things that normal people would wear outside on a 50 degree day. I just might have to whip out the Americans with Disabilities Act card on them (my employer) again. If I used those patches, I'd plaster them all over my body. he-he Wouldn't that be a sight?

Bob is at home, hopefully resting quietly. I am taking him out to eat tonight at our favorite Chinese restaurant.

Thank you all for the words of encouragement and prayers. Sometimes I get too freaked out and act like a raving lunatic. lol! I guess that's why a friend refers to me as Luna(cy) instead of just Luna.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Kathy

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

luna...good to hear from you...happy Bob is home & hopefully, behavin' for you! Chinese food is good! Went out yesterday for a friend's b'day at Chinese restaurant...great time! Prayers continue to come your way (and Bob's)...hang in there, GJer friend, and hope your computer is fixable this weekend! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Glad Bob is home & able to go out to eat!! I love Chinese!! Now I want some!! Hope it's uphill all the way from here. Jan

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

Ms Kathy ~ aka ~ LLF ~ Luna :
    don't even know what to say... I guess I'll say...
    Hang in there girlfriend... Man... Morton Salt says...
    when it rains.... ~ it ~ pours and ya'll have
    been getting it... troubles and pains and more
    troubles...
    BUT........ God Still Loves you and you are indeed
    one Tough COOKIE ! ! ! and after you walk through
    all of these ordeals.... You are going to be even
    S T R O N G E R ~ & I see you are keeping your
    silly ~ willy ~ sense of humor....
    *** Oh my visual of you LLF with those patches
    all over you and the BossMan walking in...
    oh what
    a day that would be ! ! !

*** & Yes... I would wear a Hat & Gloves & shawl
    and leg warmers....
    Of course... beings I'm from T E X A S... and your
    neighbor.. I wear all this EQUIPMENT in my own
    home... cause I'm a Southerner and ya'll Northerners
    LOVE IT COLD up here ! ! ! !

** Guess My advice: Do what you have to do to
    ~ S U R V I V E ~ ~ ~ Keep Your Sense of Humor ! ! ! * SMILE * & make them wonder

*** WHAT ? ? HAS THAT GIRL BEEN UP TOOOOOOOO???

Tons of Prayerss & Special Thoughts coming your way!!!

~ * ~ * ~ Never Give Up ! ! ! !

Love, Blessings ! Special Thoughts ! Tons of Prayers ! ! ! Your GJ Buddy SusieSunshine
Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery