Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smickerdoodle

Here we go again...

smickerdoodle
14 years ago

Hi everyone. I thought you all might want to know the latest news. I got the final biopsy results that they did on the tumors that they removed from my kidneys on the 2nd. They did not come back like the ones before surgery. It is cancer in both kidneys again. I start chemo treatments on Monday. I will have to go through three sets of six weeks on, six weeks off. They will be doing the chemo on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I will also have to have six radiation treatments. They will be on Tuesdays. So please don't be surprised if I don't write on here often. I will continue to check in and let you all know how I am doing when I am up to it. From what they are saying I will it is going to be really tough this time around. The chemo is going to be a lot stronger dose than I have had before so I will most likely be a lot sicker with it. They are concerned that my kidneys might fail through it all. If they do I will be spending some time on dialysis as well. I just got the news today so I am still a little stunned. I'm sure, by Monday, I will be ready for everything but it is going to take me a few days to get used to the idea.

Comments (27)

• nonacook
    14 years ago

I am sorry to hear that,smick! That will be rough.
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    My prayer is for complete healing, with no pain,
    or nausea.

• leveta
    14 years ago

Oh Smick I'm so sorry...God Bless your dear heart...I will also be praying. I wish I could give you a BIG hug...

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Oh Micki~

I am so sorry to hear that your problems are back again. Please know that I will be praying for you and keeping you close in thought! You are a very strong person and I know that even though it's going to be hard, God will be holding your hand all the way.

We Love You Smick!

~Marlene

• sugarmaple
    14 years ago

I'm sorry to hear your bad news. I'll keep you and your medical team in my prayers. I hope that you are able to keep your spirits and your strength up. God bless you. Colleen

• kirkus
    14 years ago

Micki, Carol and I will be praying for you without ceasing. I really mean that. May God's peace be yours. We love you! Bear Hugs! Kirk and Carol

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Micki, I don't even know what to say. I wish I did.

love and heartfelt hugs,
    Karen

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

Oh my sweet Micki, I am speechless, I know I am supposed to be positive but I want to rant and rave, and say not my Micki again. I will be praying for you everyday and I will put you on my prayer chain. I know that stunned feeling and I know how you make yourself strong as I am sure you already are doing; just like you helped me I want to be there for you too. May your guardian angel help you through the chemo and radiation. God Bless and please receive all my good thoughts coming your way.

NanaGrandma

• use2bcapecodr
    14 years ago

Oh, Micki...I'm stunned!! I don't even have words right now.

I will pray and pray for you to lick this! I believe you can do it...you are a strong person...and there will be a lot of people praying for you. There is so much power in prayer!

Take strength from us!

God bless you!
    Love, Sandy

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Last thing you wanted to hear I'm sure. You have to pick yourself up & be strong because people that have a good outlook do so much better. Hope your kids will be a big help & that your mom can help & be there with you some. Just a couple of words now & then to let us know how you are doing is all we need, but tell us what if anything we can do for you. You will be in my daily prayers & I too wish I could give you a hug!! Love, Jan

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Micki I'm so sorry to hear the devastating news. Your strength and resolution makes me proud to know you, and must also be a big help to your family. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
    kathy

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

So bummed to get this news, Smickers. You will be in my constant prayers!

My cousin is having good results with her latest chemo (2nd round also) although it was worse than taking it the first time. She made the mistake of not taking the nausea meds as prescribed on the 1st treatment, and was very sick. Although the nausea meds make her sleepy, she made sure to take them with the next treatments and didn't have nearly as much discomfort.

Try to rest, and let them keep you as comfortable as possible thru this treatment period. Then after that ..... you'll be back to your wonderfully creative self again!

God bless you and your kids ..... I know they're having a hard time with their mom being sick. Love, hugs, prayers ~tenderlee

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Peace, Prayers and a garden
    of good thoughts to you my friend.
    tanya

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this news.Your GJ family will all be praying for you....
    Joan

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Hubs and I read your post last night and were both stunned.

I have never been through the chemo process before but I cant help but think that one has to "FOCUS ON THE OUTCOME". Use a simple phrase like that, to keep you walking that path that Hero's walk. Write it on the bathroom mirror, the sun visor in the car, the refrigerator door, the ceiling over your comfy places where you lie down, and especially your heart. We will be backing you up in the Spirit with prayer and support. You are young and you are a fighter!!! You are never more ***alive*** than when you are fighting!!! You will be teaching your children how to be a champion. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

• akup_a
    14 years ago

Sorry to hear this about your health. I don't have the answer to why? Prayers are floating to heaven that Jesus holds you in His arms.
    I received your Garyloo gift. (I'll post a picture on the official site.) Just wanted to let you know that I've hung your circle of friends, intertwined together just like the glass intertwines with the next piece, at my front door. Each time I come in or go out, I'll whisper a prayer for you.
    Vickie

• smickerdoodle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you everyone. It is nice to know that so many people care about me and are praying for my recovery. Now that the shock of it all has had a chance to lift and it has all settled in, I am doing much better. I know that God is with me and will get me through this. I also know that I will be ok in the end. It was good that the dr called yesterday with the news. It gives me time to get myself together before the kids come home from Grandma's. I don't like them to see me that upset. Today I am back to being myself and have my positive attitude back in place. Thank you again for being here for me.

~Micki~

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

I'm speechless. If I could reach through this monitor and hug you -- I wouldn't let go. My heart is with you .

• kudzukween
    14 years ago

oh, Mickie...I'll be praying for you and your family.
    kudzu

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Oh Micki, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for sure. Please know that the entire GJ family will hold you in our open arms and give you strength.

Love you,

Donna in Florida

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

smicker ... that's how I know you, GJer friend! God gave us some insight to you thru your beautiful artwork and your positive words to all of us on GJ. And then the blessings kept coming thru you...with nanagrandma's healing tree and the powerful miracle of prayer. I pray this for you, smicker:

Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful lady, smickerdoodle, you know who she is, Lord. Once again, we need You to hold her up in your arms as she battles a disease within. Keep Your arms circled around her and her precious kids and family during this time. Pass your strength into her mind and body. We ask these things in Your name, Amen.

Love to you and yours, smicker! And as my Dad always said, (I'm repeating again): "Keep a stiff upper lip!" Jeanne S.

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

Howdy: Ms Doodle ~ ~ ~ ~ I'm waving at cha... and
    ((((((((((((((((((YOU ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Hugg'n ya....
    and
    DITTO that BEAUTIFUL Prayer of Ms Jeanne and
    All
    the other wonderful things your ~ MANY ~ FRIENDS !!!!
    Here at the GJer web say to you...

Mostly ~ You are right Ms Mickey ~~~~
    GOD IS WITH YOU !!!!
    HE IS BESIDE YOU !!!!!!!!!
    HE IS WALKING WITH YOU & HE IS HOLDING YOU UP !!!!!
    HE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU !!!!!

Girlfriend ~ You are strong.... and

YOU ARE GOING TO GET THROUGH THIS TOUGH TIME!!!!

WE ARE PRAYING !!!!
    WE ARE
    Wanting you to KNOW>........
    you are always

* A*L*W*A*Y*S in our *SPECIAL * THOUGHTS & PRAYERS!!!

God Bless & HE WILL ! ! ! !!
    SusieSunshine
    Your GJer Buddy

• use2bcapecodr
    14 years ago

Micki, I think about you and pray for you all the time.

You certainly are on the right forum! I remember back when I first joined, there were people on here who complained about us praying. Imagine that!! Well...they did not ruin things for us, and we continue to care about and pray for one another. There are amazing, caring, wonderfully intelligent members on this forum, and fortunately the negative members have left.

What a lovely prayer, Jeanne!

Micki, your positive attitude will play a huge part in your recovery. Keep it up!! May God bless you and your kids and help you all through this difficult period in your lives.

Love, Sandy

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Gosh Sandy, that must've been before my time here. I figure if folks aren't into "praying", then they can send loads of good thoughts and show they care in other ways. No need for anyone to complain how its done, just that it IS done for one another!

On that note, Smick....Jason and his wife, Suzie, are very involved in their church and have put you on the prayer list there.
    So you've got a few hundred extra folks that have your name in their prayers now.

love, Karen

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

HOWDY DO ~ THINK'N of ((((((((( Y O U ))))))))))))

just a reminder, You are A L W A Y S in our
    SPECIAL THOUGHTS & PRAYERS !!!!!

* * * * We really care about * Y * O * U ! ! !

God Bless !
    Your GJer' Bud
    SusieSunshine

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

Micki
    Sending prays everyday for you!
    I know you start Monday with chemo
    I know you are strong
    but my prayers are that your reaction to the chemo is mild!

God Bless You and many many good thoughts are coming your way!

NanaGrandma/Sylvia

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Awwwww, Micki, you, your family and your healthcare providers will be in my thoughts and prayers! If anyone can get you through this, it will be your prayin', positive thought sendin' garden junkin' buddies! I look forward to your fast recovery so we can see more of your beautiful artwork.

A GREAT BIG CYBER HUG,
    Kathy

• cait1
    14 years ago

Prayers from my end of the world! KEEP the FAITH!

((((Smick))))

Cait

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus