Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Update on Bob, Me & the Computer Part 2

luna_llena_feliz
14 years ago

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers! I am still without a working computer at home. A certain someone ... who shall remain nameless ... took the computer apart and tried reloading the software. It didn't work. I think there is actually something wrong with the hardware. Now we are shopping around for a new computer. Hopefully I will get one in the next couple of days and be back online VERY soon! Bob wants to run the computers we saw by his techy friends to see if they approve.

I go to the library so I can see the pictures you post. The problem is, I only get an hour on the computer so today I cheated and used Bob's library card so I can spend 2 hours on here. Sssssh, don't tell anyone!

Speaking of the "nameless" one ... we had a bit of a scare last night ... or I should say very early this morning. The tape around his foot ... it's kind of like that plastic wrap you put on top of food bowls ... came loose and his wound vacuum wasn't sucking. I was deathly afraid his toeless wound would get infected to I made him go to the ER. It ended up that they had no idea how to put the wound vac back on so he talked the ER nurse through it. he-he Good thing he is a very mechanical/technical person and paid attention to others who have put it on. Good thing I was there to translate because he is horrible at explaining things to people.

Other than the tape coming loose on his foot, he is doing pretty well. We will see his surgeon next week and his regular doc this Friday to learn just how well he is doing.

As for me, I am still freezing and my fibro is still really bad. But I am not going through chemo like smickerdoodle and I still have all my toes, so I can't complain.

Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes! You guys are the best!

Hugs,

Kathy

Comments (11)

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

We live at the mercy of the computer literate. Thank goodness you have close friends for advice. Bob sounds like he has a good attitude. You are great to care enough to take him to the ER. His condition calls for Proactive responses and you are not a procrastinator. Fibromyalgia has claimed the joy from people's lives everywhere. My daughter has it too. Some days she is OK. Some days she is in need of meds and a cane. She is 31. Glad that you will be back on line soon.

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

Kathy ~ Kathy ~ Kathy ~ my sweet little neighbor....
    what... in the world... do you do
    in your ~SPARE TIME ~ ! ? ( that's suppose to make you laugh ! )....
    Gee GirlFriend.... I'm so so so... not knowing what to
    say... re: troubles...
    **** But...
    I do want you to know... I think you are a
    genius for
    using the Library card... with your name & with Bob's

* B R I L L I A N T **** I expect nothing less you ~
    Cause you are SOOOOOOOOOO CREATIVE ! ! !

You out smarted them again !!!! YOU GO GIRL ! ! ! YOU ~ TOTALLY ~ R O C K ! ! ! Prayers always heading ya'll's way ! ! ! God Bless ! SusieSunshine Your GJer Buddy and Neighbor... & Friend ! & FAN ! ! ! Keep SMIL'N & make'em wonder what cha been up 2 ! ! !
  • cait1
    14 years ago

I unerstand about not having a puter. Mine crashed last weekend and I was going through serious withdrawals. I practically live on this thing!

Sorry that you're freezing and that your fribro has been acting up. Hope that all goes well for Bob with both his surgeon and doctor. That vacuum sucking toe thingy sounds pretty horrible.

(((HUGS)))

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

ROFLMAO! luna...don't you think that you've come up with an "original" idea at your library! I used to have to tap "teenie-boppers" on the shoulder & smile when they put that 2nd library card into the Internet system! Sssssssish! Ok, that should make your day...you've come up with a "teenie-bopper" moment!!!

susiesunshine....I'm shakin' my finger at you! Foolin' those ol' librarians!!!! Hogwash! We're really smarter than that! LOL!!! Thanks for the laughs, girls!

Good wishes to Bob & keep a "stiff upper lip," luna! (even if you are chatterin' cold at the same time!) Thanks for the update! Jeanne S.

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BUSTED ! ~ AGAIN ~ ~ ~

sorry Ms Jeanne..... let me please 'SPLAIN
    I'm doing my Ricky Recardo " Lucy (Susie)you got some
    SPLAINING TO DO ! ! !"

*** It was an EMERGENCY ! ! !
    she "HAD" to do it.... she was only doing it.,,
    cause she had to L@@K stuff up for BOB 2 !!!!

soooooooooooooooooooo Really.... it's BOB's FAULT !!!!

BAD BOY BOB ! ! !
    Bad Bad BOBBY !!!!!!

Ms Jeanne.... are you gonna turn Ms Kathy and me
    in to the
    LIBRARY POLICE ! ? ? EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKk

with our past records.... 3 strikes we're OUT !!!

as Ms SusieRose would say....Laudy Laudy.... we need help

God Bless !
    SusieSunshine

********** BE CAREFUL MS KATHY.... those
    Librarians are tougher than T E X A S ~ RANGERS ! ! !
    scary !!!! you keep a sharp eye out......
    you'll be do'n time in the pokey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

You and Bob are quite a pair! He figures stuff out and you translate! Its good you brought him to the ER. Maybe you can bill them for teaching them about that piece of equipment, lol. But seriously it sounds like you have good instincts. I'm glad that he is doing pretty well all things considered. Sorry you've been having a hard time with the fibromyalgia. Take care.
    kathy

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just to set the record straight about cheating at the library ... he-he ... I made sure that there were other empty computers before taking another hour. If people had been waiting, I would have given up my seat.

Can't wait to get back online at home! I miss you all and playing Tetris! lol!

caitl, Bob's wound vac really is a wonder. Now the missing toe area is totally gross and thank goodness I have seen enough horror films to not faint when I see it.

Thanks again for all your concern! After reading the problems that others are facing here, I am feeling pretty optimistic. Bless y'all!

Kathy

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

LOL, susie and luna! Sure, luna...knowing there was an empty computer next to you ... makes it alright! How do you put a "WINK" on here??? LOL! LOL! LOL! Thanks for sharing, ladies! I'll put my librarian badge away...you know, "retired", "tired" and all!

luna...Bob has much to be grateful for...you and your intuitions! Hope you both do better soon & hope you are up and running soon (computer, I mean!) Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Glad Bob & you got the vac thing going at the hospital & he is doing OK. Just this week they showed on a noon TV show called "The Doctors" where 4 dr's sit & answer questions or bring patients in. Well, seems a diabetic lady had a bad infection & they wanted to remove her foot, she begged them to save it. They said only thing that could save it was "maggots" yeah, worms gross but I looked anyway & they eat up all bad flesh & leave all the good stuff. OK tough to watch &how do you contain them??? But amazing thing is it works & woman's heel is fine & it was really a mess when infected. So if all else fails, there is another alternative!! I didn't know whether to tell you or not but drs have used it for years & they also use leeches for something else(blood- letting I think)So keep that vac aworking!! & clear that foot up!! Wish I could send you some heat. About 100 today, can't believe it's cold up there!!It's 92.7 in my kitchen right now.I'm used to it! Oh, past midnight, Bed time!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

I'm glad for the update, Kathy. Crossing fingers, toes, and eyes that you get a new computer soon.
    Bob is sure lucky to have you keeping an eye on him! He'll get well in spite of himself.

hugs to both of you,
    Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well Bob got the computer up and running. For the time being. It seems the XP program his computer buddy found on eBay cannot be validated by MSN so we aren't able to update it. I still want to buy a new computer and use this one as a back up. I'm afraid to upload documents and pictures in case something else goes wrong and I lose them.

Jan, I have heard of maggots working wonders on infections. Not sure I'd want them in the house though! Yuck! His foot could probably use a few though. Some of the surrounding tissue is dead looking so I'm not sure if the doctor will want to cut that out or not. We will have to mention maggots to him and see what he says. he-he Not sure what the maggots could do for the bone on the next toe. That doesn't look so hot either. The doctor thought he might have to amputate all of Bob's toes. I guess he'd end up with a foot like the Chinese ladies of yore who had bound feet.

It is unseasonably cold here in southeastern Wisconsin. The high is around 72 degrees every day and it goes down in the low 60s at night which is just fine with me. I just wish I could work outside instead of in our office where it feels like a morgue. At lunch time I go out to my car and sit in it with the windows rolled up. It takes me a few minutes to thaw out and it feels wonderful. I can feel the muscles loosening up. One day I will have to quit and apply for disability. It gets harder and harder to sit on a chair in the same position for 8+ hours a day in the freezing cold.

Keep those prayers coming for Bob! As long as he is feeling good, I'm feeling good too!

Love ya guys!

Kathy

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH