Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

Whine, Whine, Whine.

susiewantsroses
14 years ago

The very "old woman" has moved into my head this entire week. The doctor says that I have cluster headaches (not to be confused with chocolate peanut clusters). She refused to just amputate as I had requested. I am forced to hear that probably all *hormonies* need to be stable before the headaches will stop. I am traveling the natural "hot mamma" path that suppossedly takes years. Ya know it was me who said "Natural Childbirth would be the bomb". What a crock. But here I go again. If it's not birth pains it's a hormone headache. At least lightning is striking at both ends.

What're ya gonna do?

Comments (16)

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

I'd love to get hot flashes, especially at work where it is always right above freezing. But I have to admit I think I prefer my formication (sensation of having bugs on my skin) to the headaches any day! I hope your "clusters" will disappear soon and hopefully not be replaced with that icky buggy feeling!

I swear that old woman tickles me to make me think I have a bug crawling on me. On my way home from work today, I kept feeling like something was crawling on the back of my neck. I'm sure other motorists got a chuckle out of seeing me slapping at my neck in a panic.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Are either of you CONTAGIOUS? LOL. I've got enough problems as it is. And if it IS the Old Woman, for heaven's sake don't send her this way.

hugs, Karen

• jitterbug4756
    14 years ago

Oh SusieRose..careful, the Old Woman LOVES chocolate peanut clusters,chocolate Cadbury bars, chocolate..well you get the jist. As a "hot momma" for a few years now, she has visited me quite frequently... and has a terrible sweet tooth, she'll wake you in the middle of the night for a rice krispy treat..really, no consideration for your sleep!!!
    and luna luna, she will be happy to supply you w/ all the hot flashes you never wanted...I was always cold natured..NOW..if I could walk around in a bathing suit or less all day I'd b so happy!!Luckily I don't live near the ocean. last time I was in a bathing suit at the beach, I looked out and spotted a whaling ship with a harpoon aimed right at me !!!
    Hope your headaches clear up soon Susie Q !!!

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Oh Susie, Susie...I am SOOO right there with you gal! I've had the worst headaches this week as well....makes me sick as a dog! And HOT doesn't describe the flashes....and I'm not talking a pretty hot either...I'm talking sweating under your eyes and behind your ears kind of hot. And putting on makeup...forget it!! If you find the cure my friend, please send it on to Virginia!

• ncshabbybeach
    14 years ago

I used to have Power Surges every hour on the hour, after my Hyster...you know. (When you have ovaries taken it is like instantaneous Mental~Pause....)And there were times I could barely walk because the Girls were so painful. I found a great Doctor who understood that I didn't want Traditional HRT so with his support I opted for Bio Identicals.....Un...Be....Leive...ABLE.....I was a completely different person. I could tell a difference the first week!!!1 I used them for 12 months and then had the dose reduced and weaned off over 12 months. Occasionally I would have a hot flash and finally figured out it was my caffiene intake. Quit caffiene overload and I haven't had a hot flash since....And the girls are behaving as they should....3 years now, I turn 47 in Nov, My Mom is 67 and still has them, she won't listen to me.
    I know everyone is different but if it might work isn't it worth trying? The only drawback I found was that my insurance did not cover the Rx. Here is is about Fifty dollars a month for the capsules. I know you can also get them in cream form that you apply to your arm or elsewhere. With some other info on Power Surges and Mental~Pause. Anyway...Here is a link....to an overview on ehow...

Here is a link that might be useful: Power Surge Central

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you nc I will look into it. My mind is wide open. LOL.

I appreciate ya'll letting me whine. I was just needing a shoulder. Head pain is robbing my creativity.

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

I wish I could hug you ........ I was dreading the "hormone storm" ...... but it quietly passed me by and no harm done. I really am lucky & I know it. I truly understand "the storm" at our age . As long as you are female and here -- we'll understand !

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

SusieRose, here's hoping the new week starts off good for you and the headaches give you a break. You don't need all that pain cramping your style!

hugs n prayers,
    Karen

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

Ms SusieRose ~
    Hope that those nasty ole headaches are running outa
    ~steam~......
    Hope you are feeling perky * S * O * O * N ! ! !

Tons of prayers coming your way !!!!!

Rest Easy.... Remember Drink plenty of Water....

+ + + Just does NOT seem right that the
    perky little Ms SusieRose is under the weather....
    You G e t ~ Well ~ QUICK ~ we Need YOU ! ! !

(((((((((((((((((( Y O U ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((((( HUBS )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    **** Cause he still has to live with You while you
    have the ole nasty headaches ! ! ! tee hee

and you rest & Relax and Remember....
    God Never Sleeps and
    He never Slumbers.... So you can rest easy...
    and
    wake up refreshed and new !!!!

God Bless You !
    Your GJer buddy
    SusieSunshine

**** I hear that lots of B12 seems to help also
    with the Lots of Water !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• coloredthumb
    14 years ago

quote from susoesunshine
    **** I hear that lots of B12 seems to help also
    with the Lots of Water !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it wont help with the cluster headaches or the hormonal imbalance or the (hot flashes) power surges at all. It will of course turn your pee bright yellow and you'll see it many trips to the potty all night! I Know this from first hand experience! LOL But the B\-complex has helped some with the RLS I;m suffering. CT
  • big_deck
    14 years ago

All I do is ask Mrs. Know whether she wants crackers and cheese with her whine!

Look, it could have been worse. You could have been a male species having to live with a menopauser.

Ok, go ahead, throw stuff at me. Just make certain it is useable junk, ok.

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LOLOLOLOL Big Deck Guy!!! That is funny and true.

I recently saw a news program where they are checking men and giving them replacement (testostorone) hormones. The man they interviewed said he felt so good that he had painted three bedrooms that week in addition to going to work everyday. So mordern medicine is disproving that men are just cantankerous,lazy, and depressed as they age. They actually have hormones deminishing.

• big_deck
    14 years ago

susie - there are a lot of things about this species that 'womens' will just never understand. You need to watch Jeff Foxworthy to understand it all.

Hugs!

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I already live with "Jeff Foxworthy". LOL

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

I went through all that around 10 years ago, Suz. No hot flashes now, no pms, better mood overall, sleeping better ... almost never a headache any more. Apparently the "harmonies" really do have a lot to do with it. That's the good news.

Here's the bad news ..... little did I know that when I got finished with all that harmonie stuff, that my arthritis would get so bad. Kinda came with the trade off lol. *sigh* Maybe that won't happen to you, depends on genetics I guess.

So aging has been good except that it hurts to move now. Oh well, at least I'm still kickin', just not as high. It hurts too much!

Hope ya feel better soon, SuzRose, hang in there, don't forget to call on Towanda when necessary :-)

~tenderlee

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Susie, you have my sympathy! I used to have migraines, seldom do anymore, but what worked for me was a pinch of soda bicarb in a glass of water. Also lavender and peppermint essential oils on my temples. Not sure if that works for clusters but it might be worth a try.

Going on 15 years with those delightful warming flashes so I'm doing everything I can to keep my sense of humor. Junking helps! As does my daily glass of medicinal wine before dinner.

My DH says we must be rednecks since we upgrade our belongings by yard saling so I think he may be a Jeff Foxworthy clone of sorts. At least he has a sense of humor or he wouldn't be anywhere near me after 43 years! LOL I'll take being a F over a M any day in spite of all our suffering!

Hang in there Susie, it has to get better! :-)