Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Christmas Really did come in July for me !!

toomuchglass
13 years ago

Not ONCE - But TWICE !!!

My best friend in the whole world is Mary . She's in bad shape & waiting for heart /lung transplant . Twice a week she goes to meetings - one is a support group for people before & after transplants. The other is a rehab group - those getting in shape for the transplant & those keeping in shape after.

Well - last Christmas both her groups had Christmas parties. I donated a ton of my leftover crafts from craft fairs - painted wood & stained glass - as gifts for everyone at the parties. She snuck them into both parties - put them on a covered table & unveiled them for eveyone to come up and take a gift . She said people were speechless ! ( I love surprises - I'd make a good Elf ! hehehe )

This really made me tear up ... Mary gave me a picture this weekend -- They all got together for a picture for me -- with a thank you sign !! OMG ... they are all signing it,too ... can you believe it ! This is the first July Christmas gift :

{{gwi:127660}}

Here's the second Christmas in July ... I donated stained glass stuff to a local charity that raises money for battered women . They have an annual auction . I just got a thank you card with a little gift in it ... thanking me for my donations & telling me my stuff was the hit of the auction !! ( for the second year in a row )

I'm on Cloud 9 ... it just doesn't get any better than this ..........

Comments (6)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio