Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
backyardmom

Gnome Cafe at RV camp

backyardmom
14 years ago

We go camping in an Rv camp site that has tons of gnome.

{{gwi:127664}}

And another picture of a gnome.Most of them in the cafe move..in the General Store they have many.We're going on 7/17th i'll take picyures and post of some of the great ones.I took these off the web site..Since we have some many gnome fans.

{{gwi:127665}}

And here is a picture of the outside of cafe.

{{gwi:127666}}

Comments (10)

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Oh WOW. What a place to get to visit. I love the two gnomes you showed. The Sister Gnome would be great for my DIL. And the gal hanging her wash is so adorable.
    Thanks for sharing these.

hugs, Karen

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Is that camp anywhere near Michigan? My sister is a RV-aholic and camps all summer around Michigan. I'd love to pass on a new location to her.

• backyardmom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No Sorry.It's in Lancaster PA.The family that own it love gnome's.Some one said they think they from Finland...
    My daughter found it a couple of years ago.It's hard to get a site,People book in January.I don't think that far ahead..So we're going 7/17-19 and 9/11-13.With my health we only do week ends.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Very cute! Looks like a fun place to visit & stay!! Have fun when you go!! Even a couple of weekends "away" can re-energize you!! Jan

• ncshabbybeach
    14 years ago

I love Lancaster Co PA We travel there quite often 3 - 4 times a year, I have family there in Columbia nd Strasburg. We purchased an RV last summer to park near our Grand Daughter and have decided to use it and I know where we are going first. Thanks Backyardmom! Sorry we can't be there when you are, would love to sit and chat! Enjoy your weekends there.....I added a link to the calendar below..............Rest, Relax and Rejuvenate!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lakeinwoodcampgroundevents!!!!

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

The "elves" in Iceland are strongly believed in and are called "Hidden People" or "huldufo'lk". They also have "Flower Elves" that are called "Blo'ma'lfar". The various sized of little peoples in that part of the world are accepted by the majority as possibly real. They are said to mostly live inside craggy clifts and amongst the rocks. I read this story on MSN News a few months ago.
    I've always thought it was just Ireland.

• backyardmom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Shabbybeach the sat night that we're there is Hawaiian Lula night.My daughter just called they're at Gettsburg Rv camp.That's another great place to go.The history center and museum it great.maybe next year we can get the same vacation days at LIW, would be fun since we can talk about alot of things we both know about.Since I've been down to your next of the woods for the pass 9 yrs in the spring...Joan

• ncshabbybeach
    14 years ago

Sure thing Backyardmom! Drop me an email and we will keep in touch! I kinda like the Luau idea! That is a beautiful part of the country, if it wasn't so expensive to live there I think I could live there. Being a military brat I have live all over and I think NC is the best! I was born here and will probably be here for the rest of my life!

• backyardmom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi ncshabbybeach.It is expensive here.My husband would like to retire down there....I'll keep in touch..

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

I have friends who went to Iceland, and a planned highway was being rerouted because they figured out it would go through some of the "hidden people"s homes! So everyone believes apparently.
    kathy

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida