Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smickerdoodle

What's next?

smickerdoodle
14 years ago

Wow! I didn't think things could get any worse! I had to go to the dr today for that wonderful yearly exam. When my dr did the breast exam she found 2 lumps in my left breast. Now I have to take another day off work and go and get that checked out. She is pretty sure that they are just cysts since I have a history of them, but it is just another thing to think about until I get those results back.

But hey...the good news is that other than that and the cancer, I am the healthiest patient she has. She kept trying to find something to yell at me for and couldn't. My sugar and colesterol are perfect. I have only lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks of chemo. I am still working out almost every day...I guess if anyone has a chance against all of this it would be me right? LOL

Comments (10)

• ttennis
    14 years ago

Well I hope it turns out to be nothing..Keep your chin up..:) Tiffani

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

HI Micki! Sorry to hear about the lumps & hope they are just fluid or soft cysts. I used to have lots of them, then I had to give up all pop (soda) & bingo, all my cysts disappeared!! It's been about 15 yrs now cyst free!!So apparently there is a connection at least for some people. Surgeon that removed my cyst that was hard & thought to be cancerous but wasn't said that fluid cysts & soft cysts aren't cancerous. I sent 1 gal to him as her dr keep her on edge for weeks about a cyst. He said it was nothing. She's still going strong. I hear the best test now is an ultrasound as shows much smaller cancers than mammogram. Hope it is nothing to worry about.In my prayers daily & hoping you get good report on this! Jan

• jitterbug4756
    14 years ago

Heck yeah you have a great chance! To loose only 6# in 2 weeks of chemo shows you're in pretty good shape..all things considered..hopefully it will be a "good" cyst, but I'm sure til you get the final results you;ll be like most of us would, and imagining everything under the sun. Keep working out, keep looking up and keep a good attitude knowing you have some friends here that have all the support & encouragement you need. I know I'm new here, compared to you that have been on here for years and really gotten to know each other, but it seems to me people here really care about each other..and that's nice to see in this day & time. Good luck and you'll be in my prayers.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Smick, I guess the 'good' news is you do have a history of cysts...and hopefully thats what this is again.
    I'm glad to hear you are feeling good enough to work out.
    You continually amaze me with your strength, spirit, a lot more!

heart hugs,
    Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Geez, when it rains it pours! I hope the lumps are nothing and that will be one less worry. Glad to hear you are doing exceptionally well despite the cancer. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers Micki!

Hugs,
    Kathy

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Micki,
    Yes, you are still in my prayers. It sounds like you are doing good so far. Since your history are cysts-then that's what they probably are..... Keep on doing what you are doing and keep a positive attitude no matter how hard it gets.
    Love, Jules

• nanagrandma
    14 years ago

What's Next A LOT MORE PRAYERS! Please let us know results which I am thinking very positively just like my Isabella it will be nothing more than a cyst.

God Bless

Nanagrandma

• nonacook
    14 years ago

I am sure that you are just gonna have cysts this time!
    Prayers said for this!
    I had a cyst while Bill was sick, and they took me straight to ultra sound (Navy Drs) and the Dr. there said he was 99% sure that it was just a cyst. My 3-month mammo showed a decrease in size and it has now disappeared.

• use2bcapecodr
    14 years ago

Good heavens, Micki, but you sure are being kept on your toes!

God willing, the lumps are cysts. I've had them several times over the years. They make you really nervous, until you know for sure they're not cancerous. Such timing...like you didn't already have enough going on to worry about!

You have a wonderful attitude, and I seriously believe that is a very important part of licking this cancer thing. Keep it up!

Another really big part of your winning this battle is all of the many, many powerful prayers being said for you by the wonderful members of this forum! We're determined to help you heal!

If you feel up for it and need a break from all this...come on down...we'll go junking!!

Take care, keep a positive attitude, and God bless you!
    Love, Sandy

• daisydal
    14 years ago

Oh, Micki, so much has happened to you since I have been absent. I am so sorry to hear all you have been through. I have to say, you have the most positive outlook that I have ever seen. And they say, that has a lot to do with it. I will be praying for you to have a clean bill of health handed to you!! You are an amazing woman!
    blessings-sherri