Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Porch plus girlfriends

concretenprimroses
13 years ago

We finally got our downstairs back porch screened in yesterday! And tonight some women from my neighborhood came over. It was awesome to sit out there and gab. I also showed off my concrete mushrooms, but I'll post about them in a day or 2.

I posted about myporch on the porch and deck forum, if anyone is interested.

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Kathy's porch at Porch forum

Comments (7)

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Screened porches are soooo nice!
    When I was growing up, our back porch was screened
    and was next to the kitchen. We ate on the porch the whole summer.

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dh claims it has only been 2 years since the foundations were fixed to screening in! I guess he's right.
    Nona, my family had a screen porch that my bro and I played games on all summer. I think its so sad that houses are built without porches so often nowadays.
    Kathy

• Barbara Kelly
    13 years ago

What a wonderful job! Excellent looking and so comfy, just a perfect place to enjoy. That is an excellent inspiritation for me to get mine done. I only hope mine looks half that good..
    Big Hugs to your DH for doing it right!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

I left a message yesterday, guess it got lost! I love it. Great to have upstairs & downstairs porches. All houses should have 1 as great place for family & friends to gather & keep cool, enjoy a breeze without bugs,etc. I loved my grandma's porch & best of all was hanging swing, I guess it was made to be a swing but the bottom was like a cot sized metal frame with springs & mattress. So comfortable, sides were metal too & on ends & back so could only fall out in front!! It always had handmade quilt over the back & covering the mattress. Then at corner of porch where it wrapped around to go all the way across back side of house there was a table & chairs & many small lunches were eaten there or the table was covered with food & we just got it from there & went somewhere else to eat. You could see the BarBQ pit from the side porch so if you were in there could keep an eye on hot dogs or hamburgers! Seems like corn was in wet husks tied with wet twine?? Maybe I'm remembering wrong??Anyway that was center of activity when I was a kid & place where my aunt last fed us when we visited her before she went into a home. So enjoy making memories in your new bug free space!! Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Kathy~

I think the message I left yesterday went to the porches and decks forum with your link from above....I think you'll find a bunch more there too!

LOVE the porch...an amazing transformation!

• desertrat1
    13 years ago

Its absolutely wonderful!
    Thanks for sharing the REAL before and the REAL after photos!
    Love, Jules

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Your DH did an awesome job! It looks wonderful. I love screened porches. It's so nice to be outside without the bugs and be able to enjoy the weather even in the rain.

I remember sitting on the front porch with my grandparents when I was little. I had the cutest folding wooden chair ... wish I would have hung onto it. My grandma and I would count all the blue cars that went by or all the VW bugs. It was nice to just sit and relax. Lots of fond memories on that porch.