Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Campbell Arrived in IOWA Today!

jeannespines
12 years ago

Campbell didn't have far to travel...he headed on South here to IA from Minnesota! But from Max's post of pics, I now know why he is so worn out...he hasn't moved a muscle since I got him out of the box!

And that cargo box was JAMMED FULL...lots of metal goodies (which I am packing back in the box) & lots of sparkly's, jewels & such (I kept just a portion)...so all of you who have contributed to the JT cargo, thank you very much!

Here's what I kept: (full view)

{{gwi:127693}}

Here's a closer view of half of it... 2 pairs of metal handles (for birdhses), a pretty glass paperweight, couple glass marbles, 5 glass stars, diff colors of wire, some necklace pcs w/pretties, 2 prisms, & my fav, 2 old door knobs (wonderful on birdhses, too or barnwood coat hanger!) Lots of loot!

{{gwi:127694}}

Other half:

My fav...a whole roll of black chain, plus some little metal rusty doo-dads, a pk of swivels & jewelry junk that I can use as GJ:

{{gwi:127695}}

What a LOAD! But I left a bunch of 'painted metal goodies' in the box...so I'm hoping I can stuff in the CARGO for a good GJ friend ...will be headed out next week.

Thanks so much, Max & all you Junk Train GJer's who contributed to the LOOT! Jeanne S.

Comments (9)

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Wow What a great haul. Poor Ole Cam[bell must be plum tuckered out! He has been on the go for months. TFS!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, Campbell revived! His energy is back! He rested last night & all morning while I was at Farmer's Market. When I got home, I suggested he get some fresh air & enjoy a 'Storytime' under the cool Jade plant:
    {{gwi:127696}}

Ha! That was a laugh! He didn't even sit still for 2 min.! He hopped right off my treadle/floor grate table on the patio & headed for the pond! Guess he didn't like the 'Hens & Chicks' planted in the Dutch shoes! ummmm...

Ahhhh, he found a friend here at the pond...a couple of 'em...this ol' Toad & Fisherboy (good ol' GJ)
    {{gwi:127697}}

...Campbell enjoyed a short visit (because Toad was a bit grumpy!) & so Campbell hopped off toward my garden shed flower garden.

Where or where has my 'little Campbell gone?'
    'Or where or where can he beeeeeeee?'

{{gwi:127698}}

Check out those bushy eyebrows...yup, he's trying to hide in the Hydrangeas!

I'm toastin' today...it's in the 90's this afternoon!
    Come on, Campbell, let's go for a dip in the pool!

I tried to put him in the 'safety float' for the little ones & even loaned him a pair of GGS's cool shades!
    {{gwi:127699}}

But wouldn't ya know it...he wiggled around & got his rear-end wet! So I put him on the "Surf-float:"

{{gwi:127700}}

He enjoyed that surf-float but the sun was hot & he was turning a 'brighter orange!' Would he listen? No, kept floating away...away...& away from me! Ribbit! Ribbit!

So, I didn't want to do it...but I had no choice....
    Timeout for Campbell in Gpa's Rake Garden...one of my fav gardens...there he be ...looking a little perturbed!!

{{gwi:127701}}

He does look awful lonely on that old hay rake!

{{gwi:127702}}

Nellie, my dog, felt really sorry for Campbell ... so I had to rescue the little frogger! Here he is, meeting Nellie & I think he looks a little hesitate!

{{gwi:127703}}

So that ends the day for Campbell in Iowa ... I'll be packing him up soon & he'll be heading out at the beg of the week...on Tues. I'm hoping for a peaceful evening...I wish Kermit lived closer by! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

How fun! And you got some wonderful stuff! I can't wait for him to get to Wisconsin so I can show him around. You always take such wonderful pictures and these are no exception. Can't wait to see what you do with your finds too.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Looks like Campbell has enjoyed his visit in Iowa! His expression is too funny in his "time out"! Glad he and Nellie hit if off too. Looks like you got some good junk in the train as well!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, I've been packing up the box ...& I had to take out a couple of the metal painted thing-ies so I could fit in some stuff for the next Train Stop!! One metal thingy was a big butterfly & another was sunflowers. The cargo will be loaded aboard soon! Jeanne S.

• shpnquen
    12 years ago

You are very creative with your photos & I have to say that what you collected from the box looks awesome!! I'm ooohing & ahhhing over the handles & knobs!

• nmgirl
    12 years ago

Campbell can sure keep things hopping! It doesn't take a great leap of the imagination to think of all the trouble he could stir up. I don't want to jump to conclusions but I bet he's the busiest frog on the web. He doesn't wait for an invitation, he just wades right in.
    I toad y'all he's a busy feller.

• mjowest
    12 years ago

I recognize a few things that had been sitting around this place for years... and I'm tickled pink that they are getting a good home! :)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I sent Campbell on his way Tues morn, July 12th...so I hope he's arriving at his new stop soon!!! Lots of cool things to see there (even tho we're all in a 'heat wave' right now!...but I know he will enjoy! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County