Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kudzukween

My Computer Struck By Lightning

kudzukween
14 years ago

Yesterday while at the local dollar store, a huge storm blew in and when I got home I found out lightning had struck the phone and got my computer. No idea when I can afford to fix or replace it, and all my photos for future posts are on that hard drive. Hopefully I can still post using my daughters laptop...ack, I can't get used to it,though!I almost finished a few things....

kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Comments (10)

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

kudzu...been having trouble with modem...lots of storms been around here, too...but Qwest techie worked on phone lines outside and ck'd inside...so up and running!

"I can't get used to it, though!" With you, there...but my kids say I would if I kept using one...ugh...but I do know one thing...you can hook your "mouse" up to the laptop...and that makes it much easier! (at least to me!) Good luck! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

How awful, Kudzu. I am so sorry.

Jeanne, I don't have a laptop and don't want one. But if I ever need one someday its great know a mouse can be hooked up. I would like that for sure.

hugs, Karen

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Kudzu Cherri- So sorry about Mother Nature slapping your computer. You've got a loyal Blog following so thank goodness for your daughters laptop!

It took me so long to get used to the laptop. Now that I can lay back in the recliner with it, I've been converted. Even before my back surgery I could not sit very long in the office-type chairs. That is still true today. This set-up allows me to recline and surf while Hubs watches TV.

I hope that miracles will happen and a new computer or an easy repair, is on it's way.

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Oh rats, that's a bummer Kudz. My laptop needs repair, and currently I have to share a desktop with hubby. Kinda like having to share a bathroom with him .... I can always tell when he's been there LOL.

Hope you get it resolved soon. Wondered where you've been, good to cya. ~tenderlee

• akup_a
    14 years ago

Oh man! Sorry to hear that. Hope you can get a brand new for low cost. It's amazing how I can't seem to be without one of these things! I'm so addicted to facebook even!
    Vickie

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

SO sorry to hear about your computer...I know the feeling...ours was hit by lightning last summer...and the TV, and my DD's laptop (and it wasn't even on!!) If you can't fix the hard drive, they might be able to get the files off for you...usually doesn't cost much for them to do that.

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thought we'd pieced one together, but no. still working to get it fixed or another one. just can't afford a new one; I'd rather buy groceries and pay the electric to keep the a/c going 24/7...LOL
    I'm glad to read all the posts I've missed, but can't really reply to all. I'm not getting used to using a lap top at all, and just barely posting at my blog.
    kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

Kud z ~ Tons of Special Thoughts & Prayers coming your
    way....
    Hang in there GirlFriend.... God Is with You !!!!

Your Blog Helps tons of us...
    We Love You....
    But.... G O D ~ Loves you more... and He will
    give you (((((((((((((((YOU )))))))))))))))))))))))
    The Strength to
    get through these tough times !!!!!

God's Grace is SUFFICIENT FOR US !!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless !
    SusieSunshine

*** One of your Fans & GJer Friends !
    Change
    Is indeed hard.... but it stretches us to
    do more.... and more.. and YOU are a
    SHINNING EXAMPLE OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS ! ! !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ Thanks for being YOU ! ! ! ~ ~ ~ ~

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Does HomeOwner's insurance cover computers?

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

So sorry Cherry! Hopefully the hard drive can be recovered.
    kathy

(I love my laptop - I lean back in my recliner and "multi task" while I'm watching a tv show. Course I used to do dishes during commercials, now they seem to be piling up, hmmm...)

Sponsored