Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanagrandma_gw

Praying There are Angels all around us!

nanagrandma
14 years ago

Dear Friends

I just had to share this. A little background our nephew and his wife Julie adopted two little boys from Guatemala they are pre school age, 3 and 4. They live in Spokane, Wash. They already had three children but wanted to give a loving home to more babies. Needless to say this is my favorite nephew :)

Julie Wagner Carpenter wrote,

"Just found my two little boys with

their hands folded kneeling with

their heads on the floor.

I asked what you guys doing?

We are praying to God,

but we can't hear him answering us!

Ahhhh too cute"

I wrote Julie to tell them that God did answer. By her sharing this reminded me to pray for that innocence again and try to listen to God!

Nanagrandma

Comments (11)

• kirkus
    14 years ago

Oh, we will be praying for them. What a beautiful story. Carol and I grew up in Spokane and live 30 miles from the BIG CITY. God is good. :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Precious words from the mouths of these little ones...how soon we forget to "listen." As with you, nanagrandma, prayers for blessings to this remarkable family & a reminder to myself to be a better "listener." TFS! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Congrats to the lucky family to get a wonderful addition. The boys will get a chance to grow up & know what a loving family is like. Amazing how fast these kids adjust to U.S. by time they start school they will fit right in with the other kids. Hugs & prayers for them! Jan

• desertrat1
    14 years ago

Keep on Praying! Oh yeah, adopted children are just so wonderful. I was gawking at a friend from churches new lil baby girl. They have two boys (adopted) that are like 4 or 5 and 3 and they are wonderful as well. Anyways, the lil baby girl was awake and I just couldn;t believe how much she looked like her Mommy! Minus the freckels she's a spitting image of her! Now how is that possible? Well, God is incredible! They got her when she was 3 days old. The birth Mom picked their file out of several and they were the third family. She said she picked them because they are Christians. What a great Mom to be able to find the best family for her daughter....

Congratulations to your nephew and wife!
    Love, Jules

• daisydal
    14 years ago

How precious is that!!!?? Jeanne is so right about us forgetting to "listen" to God. It sounds like these little angels have been taught about God and just the fact that they were praying all by themselves is AWESOME! Our new adopted son is 17, he never knew his dad and found his mother dead about 3 yrs ago. He only has a brother 2 years older who is going into the Army now so we are his only family.God brought him to us and WE have been the ones who are blessed to know him.
    Be still and know that I am God....
    blessings-sherri

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

Thank You !!! You guys just plessed my heart .GOD IS GOOOD!!!!!

• nonacook
    14 years ago

A delightful story!
    A wonderful family that your nephew and his wife
    have made!
    What a picture that must have been with their heads bowed!

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

"Talk to God and listen to a casual reply...". John Denver said it very well! Your posting touched my heart today. Thank you.

• curbdiver1954
    14 years ago

We adopted our DD (now 30!) from Guatemala when she was 8 years old.....what a wonderful blessing (and, yes, a trial sometimes!) she has been. People think she is blood-related to DH, but are astounded that I am her Mom...he shows our Am. Indian heritage more strongly than I. lol!!

• nanagrandma
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just wanted you to know that they adoped them when they were infants, took about a year for the entire process. Here is a picture of Jesse he is the younger one and his older brother is Jason. I just love this photo, my DIL took it when they went to Spokane to visit this summer.

{{gwi:127740}}

My other nieces also adopted one adopted a boy and girl from Costa Rica, this was years ago and they are going to college now!
    And my other niece went thru the process of having the mother pick them. Stressful process but she has a beautiful boy 13 now, I was there when he was born and their little girl is now 7. They call me AuntieGram!
    I just knew my GJ friends would love this story.
    God Bless
    NanaGrandma

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

What a sweet story and I agree that is a wonderful picture of him. He looks a little bit like an angel himself. It is always great to hear positive stories so I really appreciate you sharing this with us along with the stories added through the posts. It really made my day!

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County