Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Bob's Niece with Cancer

luna_llena_feliz
14 years ago

Gosh, it's been months since I asked for prayers for Bob's niece, Michele, who was diagnosed with cervical cancer. She is quite young, only around 30, and has two small children. She is finished with her radiation and is almost done with her chemo.

I feel so bad for her. Not only does she have the cancer to deal with and the treatments that go alone with it but their car was stolen a couple of weeks ago. It was found but a number of things they had in the trunk were stolen including her husband's tools for work.

She and her husband are really into the Renaissance Fair near here. She makes the period costumes the two of them wear as well as costumes for the two children. They had planned to go the fair the weekend after the car was stolen, her first this summer because of her cancer treatments, and their costumes were stolen out of the car. What goofy car thief would want period costumes?

Because they are strapped for money, they haven't been able to get the stolen car fixed (I'm sure they didn't have collision insurance on it since it is an older car). Luckily they had another car her husband could use for work and they are paying an unemployed friend of her husband's to drive her to and from her cancer treatments. He also takes care of the kids when she needs a rest.

Can you say a few prayers for her? She just seems to have hit a big stinking patch of bad luck and could really use it. She is such a sweet girl and her sister is more of the "star" in her family. Michele has always played second fiddle to her. I hate to see her have to go through all this.

Thanks and big hugs,

Kathy

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz