Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

' It's a small world '

toomuchglass
14 years ago

I can't tell you how many times I've used that phrase since I've been on the internet. I think I've worn it out ! LOL

Just like here , I've met people "out of the blue" that feel like family . I have a ton of "it's a small world " stories --- I Added another one last night. *big smile* :)

I had a wooden craft display for sale on Craig's list. The lady that answered lived 2 hours away .She was supposed to be by me at 7pm ... she called and said she is running late & could be at my house at 10pm at night. ( Yikes ! That's past my bedtime ! LOL ) But I said sure. She found my house all right - I showed her the racks and I asked her what kind of crafts she did.

Here it goes again ....she said glass fusing -- I said I did stained glass and knew how to fuse !! We were at the starting gate of comparing notes ! Here we were ..... standing in the dark at 10 pm in my garage ,yakking about glass . We knew the same stuff , knew the same stores , the same websites -- she showed me hers & I showed her mine . ( Glass projects !! LOL ) It was getting late and we couldn't talk fast enough because she had a 2 hour drive ahead of her . What a great night .

I do believe that I must have done something right to have all my wonderful people enter my life !

I'm sure you have a "It's a small world" story to tell ~ Could you share ?

Comments (8)

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

What a great story! Don't you just love it when people come into your life out of the blue and become such a great part of your life? Glad you had a great night!

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

HAH Kathy, all that talking fast to cram it in quickly ..... LOL I can just see/hear you two :-)

It would take something fun like that to keep me up past 10pm too hehe. You two will have to hook up in the earlier hours of the day sometime.

I have met many a gal around town when stopping at yard sales who seem interested in GJ. When I walk up to their YS they often ask if I'm looking for anything particular, and I'll say something like "cool rusty stuff for my garden". That has gotten many a chatty conversation going, and several times they've written down our website name, and say they're gonna drop by. Who knows how many actually have stopped in? At least a dozen people around town have told me this summer that they want to stop by the forum. Hey lurkers from Chatta, if you're there, speak up and welcome, I'm the crazy grandma who told you about this place lol! ~tenderlee

• garden2garden
    14 years ago

I do have other "it's a small world" stories, but the one I gotta tell you right now is this...lol...My mouth dropped open when I clicked on the Conversations side and the first thing that came up was a post by toomuchglass called "it's a small world" ......because..... just last night I was packing your Garden Junktion house up to mail it out and trying to write a little note to go along with it. At the end I said that was one of the reasons I wanted to participate in your house project was that I was from that area of WI. I grew up in Twin Lakes and tho I've been gone almost 30 years, I will always consider that 'home'. And that's when I said to you, "it's a small world, isn't it?"

Now, I know it's an oft used phrase, but what a coincidence. Donna

• nonacook
    14 years ago

I am always telling people about garden junk! My old car has a gardenweb bumper sticker that Spike sent me when I was a volunteer paid subscriber (need to find the others and put one on the new car). He also sent cards to pass out.
    But if anyone came here they didn't say so. Yesterday at a
    YS there was a BB and I wanted to know how much (too high) and I said I just wanted to put it in the garden for decoration. Decoration--she says--you decorate your garden?
    I went on to describe totems, and teacup feeders--She just shook her head-LOL

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

When I joined GJ last year I noticed that Kirk & Carol seemed to be in Deerpark & mentioned to my good friends that they were up there where they have property. They are up there now, they have acreage they have to mow & clean up. it has a building on it. So hoping they get to meet!! My old friends meeting up with newer GJ friends!! It is very small world. Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Hmmmmm ... I have a number of small world moments. Like meeting people from Wisconsin on the internet and then meeting them in real life on road trips that we would organize. But my favorite small world story is the day I met my Bob. He used to come into a chat room that I hosted and he was a real goof ball. I could tell behind all that silliness that he was a very smart guy.

A friend of mine who lives about 50 miles away was telling a bunch of us to come to her town for a craft fair. Bob wanted to go along (his car wasn't running at the time) and I said I wouldn't take him. He thought it was because I wouldn't pick up strange men. It really was because I didn't want to spend an hour driving there with a person I barely knew because they might turn out to be too annoying. I had a bad experience once before with a woman who would not shut up the whole time. She gave me a rip roaring headache.

So the next time we got together to see a movie and do dinner, I offered to pick him up. We had a wonderful time and we went out together after that as good friends. After a few months, we discovered that we really loved each other and wanted to be "2gether 4ever." he-he So we have been inseparable ever since. That was 5 years ago.

{{gwi:127820}}

• jitterbug4756
    14 years ago

Luna luna, what a great story ..the two of you look so sweet & happy together !! Maxey used to come into a restaurant that i worked that served breakfast and a meat & 3 veggie lunch.He came in every morning for coffe to go w/ a buddy he worked with and about 3x week the whole construction crew would come in for lunch.We had alot of construction guys in and alot of flirting going on. One of the girls asked me why I never would go out with any of them and i told her I'd had enough jerks and was just gonna wait til God sent me someone this time. The next morning he came in wearing a Gods Gym ...He will pump you up shirt on. She pointed that out to me..over next few weeks I began to notice he wore alot of shirts with God sayings on them.. we talked for 8 months before i went out with him.Turned out he lived 2 miles from the restaurant and his boss had gone on a religious retreat and brought him a bunch of T shirts back and he wore the first one the next day.. Gods gym.tshirt..after the first date we too have been inseperable.. guess God did send me the right man, with some side help from 2 friends !!

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

jitterbug, what a great story! lol! I like that God Gym t-shirt. he-he This is an interesting thread! Thanks Kathy aka toomuchglass for starting it.

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor