Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nonacook

Bitsy's Life and Death

nonacook
14 years ago

I sit here in tears to tell you this.

We buried Bitsy yesterday in a powder blue tin, with a covering of blue cloth with hearts and lace.

She was a wonderful little cat, and we loved her.

She came so close to officially being the Worlds smallest cat. We were supposed to go to Atlanta on August 8th to meet with the Guinness Book of records folks, so she could be in the next edition. But it was not to be....

I will miss her!

Her full story is on the last page of my website.

http://members.cox.net/nonacook

Comments (17)

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Oh Nona, I'm so very sorry. I read Bitsy's story , even before I knew she was yours! What a special little cat she was. I know you will miss her terribly.

{{gwi:126913}}

hugs, Karen

• cindee11461
    14 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. She was a very special cat.

• chelcass
    14 years ago

Dear Nona,

I'm so sorry to hear of Bitsy's passing. What a little trooper she was. I know she will have a special place in Heaven and she will be a strong and healthy kitty. God Bless.

Chelcass

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Awwww, nonacook! I am so sorry that Bitsy didn't make it. She was such a cute little spitfire. Thank goodness you made her life so enjoyable with your love and care! You made her sweet, short life a heaven on earth. May God bless you for taking her in. I imagine He is laughing at her antics right now up there in heaven and scratching behind her ears.

Hugs,
    Kathy

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Sorry your little kitty didn't make it. Always hard to lose a beloved pet!! Jan

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Oh darn, nona...thoughts are with you...a sad day for you and your little one. God bless. Jeanne S.

• leveta
    14 years ago

I'm sooo sorry to hear this...My heart goes out to you...

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

I'm sorry ,too. I know the awful pain of losing a pet. I strongly believe that we'll be with our pets again . It wouldn't be heaven without our babies.

((((((((( HUGS )))))))))))

• daisydal
    14 years ago

I know bitsy was a constant blessing for you in your life and I am so sorry that you are grieving. Just picture her chasing butterflies with the angels and being a companion to some little boy or girl in heaven. At least, that's what I believe.
    My heart goes out to you.
    blessings-sherri

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

A song for Bitsy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rainbow Bridge

• use2bcapecodr
    14 years ago

Oh, Nona, I'm so sorry! What a sweet little kitty! I know you will miss her terribly.

I agree with Toomuchglass. We have to see our babies again someday, or it just wouldn't be heaven!

Thinking of you at this sad time,
    Sandy

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Nona~

I too am SO sorry about Bitsy's passing. It is always so hard when our furry family leave us...and I know that she was so special to you! I'm thinking about you~
    Marlene

• ttennis
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet, especially one as sweet as Bitsy. You made her life so happy, and just cherish the lovely memories you have of her..She'll always be in your heart..

Hugs,
    Tiffani

• ttennis
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet, especially one as sweet as Bitsy. You made her life so happy, and just cherish the lovely memories you have of her..She'll always be in your heart..

Hugs,
    Tiffani

• nursemaid4
    14 years ago

I always forget to come to this side to read the posts, so I am late in responding to this. I learned about Bitsy on the news tonight.
    I am so sorry you had to lose her. She was such a special kitty. She captured the hearts of so many people.
    I am thinking of you.

Donna

• nonacook
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank all of you so much for thinking of me and Bitsy!
    In spite of the fact that she won't make 'the book'
    WE KNOW that she was the World's Smallest Cat. I got through the whole day and then I read (or reread as the case may be) your responses and then I had tears again....
    Everyone who knew her loved her--in spite of the bites she gave a lot of them-LOL

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Awww shucks, I'm so sorry to hear about Bitsy's passing!

We lost our family dog of 15 years last month. Was so sad to lose her, as she had lived both with my daughter, then with DH & I, then finally with our son. So she truly was the family pet.

RIP Bitsy and Nina Jean! You will be missed! Hugs ~tenderlee