Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

A message from 'sunnyca' through jeannespines

jeannespines
12 years ago

Sunnyca couldn't get logged in to "conversations" side ...so she posted on my thread...here is her note:

"Love it all Jeanne, I went on conversations & tried to log-in since they said I was off, it keeps coming up that there is no GJF Ha! Sorry to hijack your post but I will be gone for awhile. Mom in hospital 9 days with AF & trying to care for dad(stroke 1 yr ago) at home. Bro. had to fly to East Coast for business. Other bro. came in sick-so it goes .I'm on my own except for DD some & lady taking care of dad some mornings(& snooping through the house!!) So I've got to stay there for few days~.~, talk to you all later & miss you! Jan"

Good luck, sunnyca & hope this turns around for all of you & your family! Jeanne S.

Comments (9)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Jan, I am so sorry to hear of all the family problems. I will be keeping you in my prayers and sending good thoughts.
    Hope to hear from you soon, and that your Mom is doing ok.

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Wow Jan...you more than have your hands full. I'll be thinking about you. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

• nanagrandma
    12 years ago

Thank You Jeanne for posting this for SunnyCal, I will be praying for you Jan while you go through all this. You are always there for me praying for me and wishing me well, well it is my turn to give back my hopes, my thoughts and well wishes and of course strength.

God Bless You and Yours
    Sylvia/NanaGrandma

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Thanks, Jeanne for posting this! Mom is home & already wanting to "get off the meds" so fun times a-comin" at 89 you can't get through anymore!! I get a break between lunch & dinner & sleep at home now as she is keeping AC going 24/7. I've had trouble with AC for 30 yrs. So nice to have a little break & get to shower at home & water & mow the lawns. Thanks for the prayers & well wishes! If she does it her way we will be back in ER soon! She had a very close call & was stable. Time will tell! Oh, we are finally getting a heat wave coolest summer I can remember so has been nice! Thanks again Jeanne! Hope you are doing OK Sylvia, haven't checked any posts yet! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Glad to hear your mom is doing better for now. Hope she behaves and takes her meds. Boy, that sure gives me flashbacks to how my mother wouldn't listen to the doctor's advice! I hope your life returns to normal soon. I will keep you in my prayers. (((((HUGS)))))

Sorry to hear about the snooping caretaker! Good help is so hard to get now days.

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

She didn't just snoop, I went out & found that she had taken tools & I fired her. So I'm doing it all while checking out a couple of leads on private caretakers that others really liked. Time will tell. Thanks for prayers & keep them coming! They did cut mom's meds in 1/2 so she feels better. Jan

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Hired a nice lady with 18 yrs experience working in an adult daycare but since CA. is broke her hours got cut & she needed a part time job so 20 hrs -5days 4 hrs in morning is perfect for her as she just works afternoons.Came recommended by mom's physical therapist & she is a very happy upbeat lady with lots of hugs! I had a good feeling about her minute she got out of her car. So like my neighbor down the street! I did take pics of inside of whole house so if things ever disappear again I have proof they were there. This lady is CNA & charges less then an agency did. Most people out here have been luck with private hiring then agency. Agency gets minimum wage people. Also didn't care that we got ripped off!! Jan

• chevy57red
    12 years ago

Glad things are looking up!! I worked home care for a number of years. Sounds to me they do not do much for background checks out there before hiring. Here in MN it is pretty rigid checking before hiring.
    My mother just turned 86 and so far doing well on her own. I do travel 60 miles more often to do laundry and the heavy cleaning.
    We will be leaving for sunny AZ in a week and a half, but my mother also has her flight booked for mid Nov. Then I will be 2 doors down and much easier to look after!!
    All positive thoughts coming your way!!

Sheila

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Sheila, Glad your mom is doing well on her own. My folks were great until May 17,2010 when dad had the stroke, he had just finished cutting down 2 large fruit trees that were messing up the sewer pipes. He had dug down as deep as 6 ft over most of back yard removing all of the roots. He had cut up all of the wood also with his chain saw, not a couch potato. They enjoy eating & sleep well & only pain killer is 1 baby aspirin a day for each of them to help thin blood so I want to keep them home. New lady is grandma & is good at PT so mom likes that she does her leg better than physical therapist the agency sent. Agency is no longer advertizing & hasn't returned some money that they owed mom. I had tried checking them out but couldn't find anything. Glad they have some checks where you live. The women that had last names I did check out, last 1 I couldn't & that was red flag. I'm not 2 doors down but couple blocks away!! Works out well! Thanks for the nice comments everybody! Jan