Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

We finally got our house!

luna_llena_feliz
13 years ago

Friday the 13th wasn't a bad of a day for me ... Bob and I closed on the purchase of our little cape cod ... FINALLY! The mortgage with taxes and insurance will be almost half of our current rent! There is lots of work to be done before we can move in. We will be going there tomorrow to get together a strategy for what needs to get done first. I've got dibs on a space in the basement to do my crafts! It will be wonderful to have an area where I can store all my craft things and work on projects without worrying about cleaning up afterwards. Last weekend I bought some pieces to create a couple of totems to christen the new garden (which needs a lot of work too). Wish us luck!

Comments (13)

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

So glad your dream is now a reality & at much less than you are paying now!! Can't beat that!! Have fun planning for your new house & garden!!Jan

• desertrat1
    13 years ago

Kathy!
    So VERY VERY HAPPY for you and BOB! Yeah I've always loved the 13th because that was the day I got married. I like Friday the 13th because you get those strange people that think it's a BAD DAY!...
    Well, for what it's worth save the money that you would have used on rent and invest it into the home---and that is WHAT you will be doing with it. I long for a "craft" room. My craft room has to be mobile. I'm contemplating reclaiming a table in the garage that I can set up in the house specifically for crafts. OH, you are goign to have so much fun! It is work though. But now that it is YOURS it will be fun!
    Get your shut eye so you have enough energy to work on it.
    post pictures when you can!
    Love, Jules

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Glad things worked out for you!
    Now you WILL have a place for garden junk!Of course the work on the house will come first, but a few minutes now and then for 'art' will be in the picture!
    Pretty soon no more 'Elephants' for you!
    I am a 13th person--I was born on the 13th, but not a Friday.....

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

TA DAH! When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true! Congrats! & Good Luck!

{{gwi:126859}}
    Oh, I guess that was Jiminy Cricket that sang that tune, NOT jeannespines! LOL!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

SOOOOOO Happy for you and Bob! Now you can settle in and start to dream about decorating and designing with Garden Junk! Looking forward to seeing your future creations Luna!

• nanagrandma
    13 years ago

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !
    So very happy for you even if you have to spruce it up it is LOVE WORK because it is yours. Can't wait to see all your art work. I remember our first house, we did not even know how to pain,ha ha, didn't know about wall paper so we "contacted" (yucky) our bathroom, LOL it is a testimony to our marriage that we did not divorce! Those were the days of avocado green and gold and wrought iron, BUT it was a great neighborhood, our kids grew up there and still have many beautiful memories!
    Savor every minute of it

Nanagrandma Sylvia

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

So Glad you have a place to call HOME. We lived in the house that we bought for 7 years previous to buying it. We always just went to the house. After signing the papers I told my DH now lets go HOME!!! Funny, we went to the same place but it then had a new feeling, as well as new bills, as in all the updates we were longing to do!!!
    CONGRATS and enjoy making it your own place now and putting your personality in it.

• Deb Kozuszek
    13 years ago

Congratulations to you and Bob! It's time for good things to happen to you two!

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

Congratulations!! That is wonderful news. There may be a lot to do, but it will be so rewarding because it is your very own. I can't wait to see photos of your progress and your crafts. I wish you both much happiness.
    -Sprout

• susiewantsroses
    13 years ago

WONDERFUL!!!!! NOW WE WANT TO SEE PICTURES SO WE CAN HELP YOU MAKE YOUR HONEY DO LIST. I LOVE PROJECTS. YOU'LL JUST HAVE THE BEST TIME. CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR SWEET HUBBY!!!!

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all the well wishes! I will have to go over there this weekend and take pictures. It was so hot last weekend that I didn't feel up to doing anything. Bob cut down some branches on the neighbor's tree that was taking over our side yard. Hopefully they won't even notice. lol Lots of weeding to be done. There are some pretty hostas, the old standby orange daylilies and a pretty red barberry bush that is planted too close to the house in the front. I'm tempted to transplant it to the backyard but those dang prickers! Some kind of small tree needs to be cut down in the back. It's growing up right next to the house over the airconditioner.

Bob and I were at HD looking at things for the house. I was looking at floor tile and when the clerk asked if he could help me, I said, "No, I'm just dreaming." lol Flooring, lighting, paint colors ... so much to do and so many selections to choose from! It is a bit overwelming.

• mary2010
    13 years ago

Congrats to you and Bob on your new home. Do claim a room for your crafts. I so wish that I had a craft room. Maybe someday??? Best wishes and can't wait to see your new totems.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and Bob. Half your rent! That's wonderful, and as someone else said, you're going to need that money to put back into your home. But it is wonderful to own a home. I can't wait to see pics. I love capes. They look so cute from the outside, then have lots of space on the inside.
    Kathy