Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaving tomorrow......

Posted by nonacook 8bFL (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 17, 09 at 13:16

Going to my cabin in Indiana, and for the Parke County Covered Bridge Festival. I will be gone 5-6 weeks. Working vacation! I am taking my 'old car' to leave up there--to have when I go up every year. Last year I didn't have a car and I missed it! I almost have the car packed except for the frozen food.
Y'all be good while I am gone (and don't do anything I wouldn't do) LOL!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaving tomorrow......

Happy Trails!!!!!!! I have been to the Bridge Festival and will be in the area again this year, but attending a wedding. Have fun and a safe trip!!!

o

Hope to see pictures!

o

Have a wonderful trip!

o

Be careful & have a good trip!! Jan

o

The covered bridge festival sounds great! Love the old bridges .... working vacation sounds like fun too. Behave yourself haha, and have lots of fun! It'll be good to have your car up there all the time now. Good for you! Happy and Safe Trails to You ~tenderlee

o

Nona,\Oh, I just know I missed you....you are probably on the road already! WEll, so how long does it take to drive from Florida to Indiana???? PAcked with frozen food? Does it stay frozen the entire way there??? Ah, it feels so refreshing to get out on a vacation like that. But your's is a "working" one. Working on the yard I bet. :-)

Take care and write back when you get back to Florida.
Love, Jules

PS: My sons' (both of them) Kindergarten teacher taught that song (Happy Trails) to her classes. They'd sing it at the end of the day as they lined up to go to the gate to be picked up by parents. My sisters also were friends with Roy and Dales Granddaughter (who lived aroudn the corner from us). They actually were able to spend a weekend with their friend at Roy and Dales house back in the late 70's. Said they were a couple of normal people just like any of us.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here