Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adina72

JT's visit to New York

Dottie B.
14 years ago

JT arrived last week. We have been very busy building a greenhouse and then we caught colds, so I have not felt like posting until today. I will get JT off to her next destination tomorrow (I forgot to bring the box with me to work today).

JT was nervous when she arrived, but jasmine made her feel right at home.

{{gwi:127862}}

JT was eager to help us with the greenhouse.

{{gwi:127863}}

JT says, "Safety First".

{{gwi:127864}}

When I wasn't looking, she climbed a tree.

{{gwi:127865}}

She couldn't help but want to smell the Sweet Autumn Clematis, but I was worried she would fall when she climbed so high.

{{gwi:127866}}

Here she is checking out the new garden and the bird tree.

{{gwi:127867}}

"I could live here," she exclaims.

{{gwi:127868}}

After all her naughty behavior, climbing on things, I had to give her a time out.

{{gwi:127869}}

But after all her excitement, she just wanted to take a nap.

{{gwi:127870}}

Here are the goodies I took from the box. Several knobs for use as perches on birdhouses, a pretty brass piece I will probably hang on the shed, some glass fishes that I may use for a mosaic, some wooden spindles and molding, some old nails and cow tags (DH was excited about those since he grew up on a dairy farm), some hummingbird feeder parts, bottle of sand, eye bolts, colored wooden sticks, and a plant hanger.

{{gwi:127871}}

Comments (11)

• nmgirl
    14 years ago

Great photos and you found some goodies to keep too! Jasmine looks like a sweetie, I'm sure JT enjoyed her company. What are you planning to do with the cow tags?
    Sylvia

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Looks like JT brought you a load of good ol' GJ! And she sure looks happy visiting you and your lovely cat! Have fun with your goodies! Hope JT cooperates & you get her shipped out! Good luck! TFS pics! Jeanne S.

• daisydal
    14 years ago

Yippee! I am so thrilled your DH liked the cow tags! I have quite a few that I am going to use for decorating with, but I wanted to share some with my GJ buddies. Glad you are going to do something with the glass fish. I couldn't get around to a project for them, but knew someone else could come up with a great idea. The only other thing I see from me is the little blue and green candle holder. I was kinda thinking the center for a plate flower but just didn't have time to make any.
    I forgot to post my pics of what I got from the box so guess I better do that,too. I know who one of my treasures came from, so it will be cool to see who sent the other ones.
    You got a great haul, girl. Looks like you will be very busy!! Happy crafting!!
    blessings-sherri

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Wowee! What a haul! Looks like she had a great time in New York!

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Dont you send J.T. down here to TX with a New York accent! I'll have to completely retrain her to 'talk rite'. Bless 'er heart. How we gonna keep her down on the farm now that she's been to New York? It's a good thing she got to play in your garden and do a decent day's work. Where is she headed next? ; )

• leveta
    14 years ago

She always makes me smile...

• Dottie B.
    Original Author
    14 years ago

JT is heading to TN now. And just because she was in NY, don't think she wasn't in the country...LOL. There are some real rednecks in Upstate NY. And I mean Upstate as in really upstate (almost to Canada). I hate it when people call their area upstate and they are just outside the city...LOL. Don't worry about the accent, I am really from Virginia, so when I get mad, I still have a little southern twang to my voice. ;)

And I have no idea what I am going to do with the cow tags....DH just had to have them since he grew up on a dairy farm....might make cute Christmas ornaments on the right tree....

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

Seeing all the fun JT has had,makes me want to be liitle enough to fit in a box and visit all the wonderful places and people that's she's had the good fortune to meet.She looks like she loved visiting you.

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Great pics, you have a lovely garden. Poor JT in timeout is just a riot!
    kathy

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Great pics of JT but I noticed she is bald now! Whatever happened to her long blond locks? lol She looks like she had a wonderful time at your house and made herself right at home with Jasmine (who is a very pretty kitty). It looks like she brought along some wonderful things too. Isn't she fun? I can't wait to see where she visits next!

• akup_a
    14 years ago

Love the welcome JT got from Jasmine! Good going on the treasures from her box.
    vickie

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus