Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photos of Junk Jamboree Gift makings!

Posted by desertrat1 Zone8_CA (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 2, 09 at 14:26

Ok, so we had discussed that we take pictures of WHAT we did with our SJJ gifts....Well, Kirk was my "gifter". I received a couple nice enamelware pans from him. It got me going on doing succulant dish gardens but did not want to put holes in them. When I bought an old colander from the thrift store and another from my garden, planted them up...well, Kirk encouraged me to go ahead and make the drain holes. I DID! (Ok, note--anyone doing this with a nail and hammer beware that enamel chips flake and splinter like...wear gloves when doing this). So, I FINALLY got photos taken and posted on my website...The red and green rimmed ones were from Kirk. Thank you Kirk!
Enjoy.
Love, Jules

Here is a link that might be useful: Desert Rat's Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photos of Junk Jamboree Gift makings!

My favorite is the one with the bunny crawling out on the rim, but they are all great. The succulents available here are all so pricey, so I have not even looked for a pan.
Syble

o

Very nice, Jules! Enjoyed the slideshow! Succulents are my fav ~tenderlee

o

Very nice, glad you could use them as planters, the holders are just perfect!! Jan

o

Love what you did with them! I like how you used multi-colored rocks. TFS!

o

Y'all are just so wonderful! Yep, my fav's are the bunny one and the one with the frog that has dots.....the big one I think I'm going to give to a friend that gave me the stand that it sits on (was a chimineas stand). She was going to throw it out since she was moving and the chimineas broke. I snatched that baby up and it's been wanting to be repurposed for about 2 years now! :-) Yep, teh plants are expensive and the rocks/sand are rocks and seashells different sizes and colors. I think they look COOL!
Love, Jules

o

Love these, desertrat! (my old posting must be out in cyberspace...this is the 2nd one I thought I posted the other day)! Anyway, TFS the slide show! Love the enamel pans (with holes), & the succulents! Still drooling over the yellow enamel colander, tho'! Jeanne S. You should share this on conversation side, too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here